Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Missou: Congrats on your 3+ lb loss this week! That's awesome!

Matt: Welcome back and I hope you can dig your way out of the snow.

We've had rain (several inches for us brings the hillsides down) and very cold temps (40's) - I know, I know, that's not bad!

I've run 3 out of 4 days this week - so I'm hanging in there. Last week was an interesting one. I did really good as far as running and I even watched what I ate but I was up a couple pounds! Sooooo very frustrating. Starting yesterday I was back down almost to where I want to be. (Ok, maybe I need to be another 2 pounds to get back to 113 but that would mean I have to confess I have been eating double stuffed Oreos!)

Glad to see everyone here motivated and doing so well.

Stay warm and dry everyone.

B

Missou - Thanks for the welcome!

Ok I officially weighed yesterday morning to get me started and here it goes:

CW= 165lbs

GW= 135lbs by May 1st

I do more of a calorie count and just eating good foods, this is how I lost the 40lbs last year, more veggies and fruits, no more than 3ozs of meat at dinner meals, lots of tuna and no more than 2 slices of whole wheat bread per day, 1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch. 2 cups coffee in the morning and no more. Lots of green tea and water.

I will start working out today yesterday I started my eating better and drinking all my water. Couldnt bring myself to work out though. I have a stair stepper at home and a total gym 1800 and my gazelle. the gazelle is what I used mostly last year and it bothered my feet so I purchased the other two pieces last month to help break up just using the gazelle. I will report in tomorrow and let you know what I ended up doing workout wise today.

Hope you all have a great day and thanks for allowing me to join your group!!

Welcome Cruise_Crazy!! It is nice to see another Gazelle lover!!!!! I now use it with the resistance and I put some weight on my ankles and on my wrists to make it even more challenging. It gives me a total body workout. I also go on the AB King Pro to work my abs more specifically ;)

Brenda, thank you. You now can eat Oreo cookies and other goodies like it and don't you be ashamed about it. What is important is that you keep on exercising and eating good foods. We are still here to encourage you so don't be shy :o

Matt, you had another day off, I hope you took advantage of it... It is the best time to go play in the snow :)

Today, I got myself a set of adjustable 20 lbs weights and a HRM. What I intend to do, is adjust my weights so that I do my workouts with at least my starting weight which was 165 lbs.

My training room is now complete. The next thing I want to get myself is a series of educational DVDs. I want to learn a few latin dances such as the Chacha, the Samba and the Rhumba. I am also learning to speak Spanish these days. On my next cruises, I want to have even more fun!!!

I fixed my weights to have 4 lbs on each ankles and I put the 2.5 weights around my wrists. I did 100 reps on the AKP and 24 minutes on the Gazelle. I stopped when hubby phoned me... I then did specific execises for my knee. I hope I will get rid of the pain.

Speak to you all later!!

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day out there to all of you lovers!:D At least my hubby didn't get me chocolate to commemorate this day (it would have been gone in 5 seconds) - he gave me a box of Pop-Secret 100 calorie popcorn :p as well as a gift card for Macy's. :cool:

I've taken the day off of running for the last two days so I'm getting ready to go run by the beach this am. It is perfect, beautiful weather here in So. Calif. today!

I booked our family's DisneyWorld trip yesterday so I was bummed that I didn't have a cruise to look forward to. However, hubby said that we should go ahead and do the family vacation and then book a cruise just for the TWO of us - leave the kid at home! I'm definitely going to take him up on that idea!!!:D:D Now I just have to find more time and more $.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Take care,

B

Good morning everyone. Had some good gym time this weekend. Tried doing some cardio at the end but time didnt permit.

I couldnt get the time off for our April Europe cruise but I am planning on going home for my Bday and will try to fit a 4 day cruise out of San Diego in.

I am also trying to fit in a Disney cruise/ Disney World trip next year, so Brenda please give me some tips when you get back. Please email at Justinianiga@hotmail.com.

Good morning everyone!!! Sorry I was MIA but I am back. Monday, my weight-in was at 157.4. I just finished updating our table. All I need is everybody weight-in for last Monday.

This weekend, I brought my running shoes to the shoe repair man to have them adjusted. My right leg is 3/4 of an inch smaller than the left one so I need an elevation under all of my right shoes. I had asked for it to be put at the heel only. Now, when I am on the rowing and cycling machine, I can feel that my back is not working properly. Now, the elevation will be equal on every part of my shoe. I hope this will minimize the pain I am feeling in my back.

Brenda, your hubby is really romantic. I love going on a cruise alone with my hubby, even if my girls are 17 and older and are able to do their own things.

Ordie, nice going on your exercise and I hope you get to go on the Disney cruise.

Take care every one!!!

Oops... I dropped off the boards for too long! I sure wish I had a cruise to look forward to! :( Hubby did say that we could cruise just the two of us - no kids - but I'm focused on the DisneyWorld trip this summer. I would love to do the Carnival Magic in Europe next summer. Maybe I'll keep that one on the radar. (Wait... I already shared that the last post, right? I'm getting old!)

So..... yes, I've still been running. Today I did 6.5 miles to make up for the fact that I didn't run for the last 4 days. I've been lazy and enjoying a few days off of work. Now the only problem is that when I run that far I'm hungry the rest of the day!! Errrr.... I don't want to waste all that effort by eating and eliminating the benefit of burning those calories!! :eek:

Take care all,

B

Hello Winning-Losers!!

I am so ashamed of myself this morning... For the 1st time in months I have forgotten to do my morning weight-in :eek::eek: And it is our weight-in day!!! I'll have to settle with tomorrow's weight ;):D

Today, I have to go get my running shoes since I had them reajusted. I am waiting for a delivery and I will leave right after I get it. I hope this new adjustement will help minimizing the pains I feel.

Nice going Brenda, keep on running!! :cool:

Nice work Ordie!!

I am still working out every day and I am very proud of myself.. The weight is not going down these day but I have to admit that working out in sandals is not the best. They don't offer the greatest support when doing the Hip Hop Abs DVD. As soon as I get them, I will go in my stairs, on my treadmill, on the AKP and I will do the Hip Hop Abs total body burn DVD. I feel up to the challenge.

Have a nice day everyone!!

Hlo. Nice to meet you all and well done on all your weight loss. :)

I reached critical mass over Christmas and was in danger of exploding...at 5'6"

I weighed in at 210 lbs...felt like a wreck and was squeezing into hideous clothes (lots of black). I've been on the Slimming World online plan for 4 weeks and have lost 13 lb so far...loooooong way to go. My OH and I booked a 7 day cruise on the Island Escape (Colourful Coasts) on Friday (eek)....so I have less than 6 weeks to lose at least another 10 lb...more would be nice.

It would be lovely to be able to share my experience with others...my job means that I can't get to a slimming group so talking to other slimmers who have the same goals would be really lovely. Is that OK? don't want to push in.

CPB

Welcome CBP!! You will get plenty of support here. 6 weeks to lose 10 lbs is totally doable. We are an active group. We beleive that with every weight loss plan exercising is a must. Also, when you exercise, you build muscles and it happens often that the scale will not show a weight loss but if you take your measurements regularly you are most likely to see a difference. Best of all, you might need to go to the store before your cruise. Remember, the scale says a lot but a measuring tape says a whole lot more.

Thank you Missou. I know that I should move about a LOT more than I do. I have soooo many excuses not to...but I'll have to bite the bullet. I tried measuring everything but was so shocked by the horrific reality that I decided to put the tape measure away. Maybe I'll get it out again and write things down in code so as not to shock my long suffering OH.

I'll start by walking a lot more. I'm a bit of an old crock tbh but hope that as the weight melts away I feel more like doing something more strenuous. :-)

Walking is a great start and don't be shy about the numbers on the measuring tape, if you decide to start a new lifestyle and commit to it, you will succeed!! Here are the places I measure myself once a month

Neck

Arms

Breast

Under the breast

Waist

Belly

Hips

Thighs

Calves

When you add the number of inches you have lost in each of those places, the result you will get is really encouraging.

Here is were I built my ticker to keep track of the miles I walk http://tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php I have set a goal of 25 miles since I have some problems with my knee and I can not walk as much as I would like to. I have to say that seeing my horseman move foward helps me a lot.

Hope to have you around with us for a long time :)

Good work everyone. I did shoulders yesterday and was going to do cardio today, but I am sooooooooooooooo tired. All I want to do is sleep right now. So after work Im going straigh to sleep... probly.

But on a positive not, I am still going strong with the no soda, alcohol, or fried food diet.

Nice going Ordie!! Remember, even if you are tired you can still walk or climb stairs.

This morning, I am at 157.2, I lost a wonderful 0.2 lbs since last week :rolleyes: It is better than nothing, or so they say... Anyway, I am still making sure I am exercising every day, I just need to exercise more intensively now.

Have a great week every one.

I tried wearing a step-counter at work today but I kept zeroing it by mistake! I volunteered to go fetch quite a lot :D and insisted on using the stairs and not the lifts. I work for the district pathology service and can be sent to any of our 3 hospitals, if I'm at the nearest one it's 2.5 miles away....so I could walk in couldn't I? When I'm at the one that's 6 miles away I'll maybe get off the bus a few stops earlier than usual.

I am going on cruise to Jamiaca and Cayman 3 July 2010.

My start weight unfortunately is 256 and increasing. I would love to lose 56lbs atleast by then. Is this possible? I work shift work and I am fit to be tied. I need someone in the Dale City area that can be a walking buddy!

Phythomp...I'm new here but I reckon you should be able to succeed if you are determined! It's just a case of getting the mind set right imo. Once you've made the decision to lose weight the rest will follow on. I'd counsel against a starvation diet tho..too hard and it can be difficult to maintain (dreadful for your health too)....I wouldn't say 'I want to lose X amount of weight by Y' either as if you don't manage to lose it all then you can feel that you've failed.

Just be nice to yourself, look into a healthy, low fat and well balanced diet and try to increase the level of activity that you do. I work shifts too, and know how difficult it can be to fit in a good cardiovascular workout when you are tired from a long shift! I'm walking more (pity I live so far away from you as I'd love a walking companion!), swinging my arms and picking up the pace a bit ! and have been doing situps (not a pretty sight)....I only have another 5 weeks before I sail and don't know how much I'll be able to lose by then. I'm sure that other people on here will have good advice.

Good Luck :)

Hi everyone, I would love to join your group! I'm going on a med. cruise in May and want to lose 15 punds. Six years ago I started on a jouney to lose 85 pounds. I've lost 70 but I'm having a hard time losing the last 15.

I followed Weight Watchers and joined Jazzercise. The exercise part is easy for me as I now teach Jazzercise. Most weeks I work out six days a week.

your group sounds motivating and I could use the support.

Thanks

Natalie

Hi everyone, I would love to join your group! I'm going on a med. cruise in May and want to lose 15 punds. Six years ago I started on a jouney to lose 85 pounds. I've lost 70 but I'm having a hard time losing the last 15.

I followed Weight Watchers and joined Jazzercise. The exercise part is easy for me as I now teach Jazzercise. Most weeks I work out six days a week.

your group sounds motivating and I could use the support.

Thanks

Natalie

Welcome Natalie!

That is amazing progress already. Although, the last 10-15 lbs are the hardest!

Sounds like you work out sufficiently to meet your goal.

Take care,

B

Archived