Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I know, I know.... I'm only a part time loser at this point. I've had a loooong tiring week with a longer more tiring week next week since I will have to travel to CT. Oh my, there will be snow and cold and what is this California girl to do?

Seriously though, I've been slacking this week. I really want to run (I only ran twice this week for a total of 9.6 miles) but I was in San Francisco in the middle of the week and I'm not feeling it today. A nice long run sounds good but I'll have to see if tomorrow I'm feeling it.

I did get a 2 mile walk in during lunch today - that was nice to get outdoors. We are supposed to have rain over the weekend so if I run it will have to be on the treadmill.

Still wishing I had a cruise to look forward to.... but alas Diz World is calling this summer. I suppose instead of calling this "cruise before you lose" I will call it "try to maintain before you pig out at Diz World and wear stretchy pants after 7 days". :eek:

Take care all,

B

I'm doing something right....lost another 2 lb this week. :D so that's 15 lb in in 5 weeks. Happy she is :D

I still have a looooooooooong way to go. BUT I'm now 1/4 of the way to my target. Tried on some of the clothes that I took on the Mediterranean cruise last year....some of them were a bit snug. Not any more...<smugsmiley>

Our cruise is an informal dining one, altho you can get dressed up if you want to. I'm not a posh frock person and I don't do heels.

Helloooooo anyone here???

I've been traveling for the last week to Hartford, CT and Atlanta so I have been MIA. I did manage to run at the hotel gym so I've got that going for me!

I ran yesterday 3.6 miles and today I wasn't feeling it so I managed to jog/walk 3.1 miles - a 5K - ha!

I took a client to lunch today and had a huge plate of Mexican food so I was pretty stuffed all afternoon and when I got home I just wanted to relax. But nooooo.... guilt told me that I couldn't relax until I had ran off at least the corn cake that I ate!

I may have more motivation to do better if I had a gosh darn cruise scheduled this summer!! But nooooo DD and DH want to go to Disney World. I scheduled our flights so that in case anyone changes their mind, I can still book the Dream for the 8/29 sailing and fly home on 9/4. That would still give us a whole entire week at WDW. We'll see what kind of bribing I can stoop to! :D

Hope all is well with the newbies as well as the oldies like Missou and Matt. I'm not on here enough anymore to really keep up. :o

Take care all you losers! (Meant in a good way of course.)

B

Hello everybody! I hope it's ok if I jump on this weight lose cruise. I think this will be a big help for me. I really need to lose a lot of weight, and determined to lose 50 lbs by June 11, 2010 my 13th wedding anniversary cruise. I also will lose another 25lbs by Aug. 28 our family cruise.

So I need lots of help and hope to be a lot of help to anyone that needs it. My hb and I bought a elliptical machine and I've been cook low fat, low carb meals for the family.

Thats a great start! When I started my weight loss program I also started with an elliptical. I started with 15 minutes a day and gradually worked my way up to 55 minutes every other day. I sold the eliptical and joined a gym..I hate working out, but it became a way of life.

I lost about 60 lbs over 2 years, but I gained back 15 over the holidays and am having a real difficult time getting these last 10 off. I find the problem with working out for 1.5 hours is that I am really hungry after and probably end up eating too much. I am a really healthy eater too, I do cheat on Friday nights with a couple of drinks and a relaxed menu, but I did this back when I was losing as well..I dont know what I am doing wrong....Help!

I find the problem with working out for 1.5 hours is that I am really hungry after and probably end up eating too much.

Me too!!! I work out so hard, my body says FEED ME and I feel like I waste all of the calories I just burned working out!!! Errrrr...

Seriously though, you have done an awesome job if you lost the 60 (yes a bit of a gain back) but you have done it before!

Keep up the good work.

B

Now I officially have a cruise booked so I don't just have to maintain until I get off my butt and book something... I can actually look forward to losing a few pounds before I cruise. Of course, 18 months is a long time to consider losing an extra few pounds.... Heck, maybe I'll gain another pound in celebration and just throw that one in the mix!! :D

Take care all,

B

Hi everyone. I used to post all the time but some things came up and I just got out of the habit. Would like to join you all again. I am really wondering where some of the regulars are - Missou and Matt for example. Anyone know?

I have had some health issues come up that have thrown me off track. I did lose 10 pounds since the first of the year though.

Back on it tomorrow.

riddle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marsha - glad to see you back! I've only been an occassional visitor here lately so I'm not sure what happened to our little group of losers. Thanks to the "newer" folks for keeping this going and sorry we are not as motivational as one time.

I did book another cruise - Alaska is next followed a few months later by Europe. So now I can look forward to losing before my next cruise - gaining during the Alaska cruise - and then losing again before the next cruise! :D

As for motivation to run.... well... I'm on vacation for the next week and I'm not feeling like running every day. I did drag my youngest son out for a 4.5 mile run today since I knew that he would motivate me to keep going. (He's set to join the Army in August so he is really in great shape.) I was the little engine that could since I was determined to not stop until I had conquered a hill that was probably a quarter mile long at the end of our run. I did it!! However, my heart rate was maxed out!!

I'll be back to check on everyone!

B

Hello everyone. Ive been away from this board for a week since my beautiful girl friend came down to visit me. I hit up the gym yesterday than ran through the woods a little later.

We have decided on a Greek Isle cruise next!

Hello everyone!!

I'm still here but this thread is not as active as it use to be. I am glad to hear from you Marsha. Nice going on the 10 pounds lost.

Brenda, weren't you the one complaining about not going on a cruise soon? ;) How is the maintaining phase going?

I don't know where Matt is. I haven't heard from him in a long while. Hope he still is working out and under the 200 mark.

Has anyone heard anything from Vickey?

I am still going at it strong and exercising everyday. I have lost 10 pounds since I started last year. Oh yes!! I finally and definitly got rid of the evil 6!!! I am even at 155!!! Time for me to get rid of the 5!! Hope it is not as long and as hard as getting rid of the 6...

I'll be on the Caribbean Princess in 26 days. You should check out the rates of that cruise, they are very low!! http://www.princess.com/find/priceDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=B019N&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&productCode=CEB071&departureDate=May+02%2C+2010&productDesc=Bermuda%2FEastern+Caribbean+7+Days+++San+Juan+%2F+New+York++

Take care and talk to you soon!!

Hello everyone!!

I'm still here but this thread is not as active as it use to be. I am glad to hear from you Marsha. Nice going on the 10 pounds lost.

Brenda, weren't you the one complaining about not going on a cruise soon? ;) How is the maintaining phase going?

I don't know where Matt is. I haven't heard from him in a long while. Hope he still is working out and under the 200 mark.

Has anyone heard anything from Vickey?

I am still going at it strong and exercising everyday. I have lost 10 pounds since I started last year. Oh yes!! I finally and definitly got rid of the evil 6!!! I am even at 155!!! Time for me to get rid of the 5!! Hope it is not as long and as hard as getting rid of the 6...

I'll be on the Caribbean Princess in 26 days. You should check out the rates of that cruise, they are very low!! http://www.princess.com/find/priceDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=B019N&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&productCode=CEB071&departureDate=May+02%2C+2010&productDesc=Bermuda%2FEastern+Caribbean+7+Days+++San+Juan+%2F+New+York++

Take care and talk to you soon!!

Hi Missou!!! Glad to see you around. You are doing great!!

Yes, I was complaining for awhile about no cruise but then I "surprised" my hubby with a European cruise followed by booking an Alaska cruise for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary next year.

I'm pretty much maintaining where I was after I came back from the cruise last year - although that is a few pounds up from where I was when I left! Sooo... I have a few pounds to lose but overall I'm not complaining.

I let my son drag me out for a run by the beach today but I wasn't feeling like running that much so we ended up only running a couple miles and then walking the other two. :( I kept saying to myself that it was better than sitting on the couch!

Take care everyone.

B

Good to hear from you Missou. I too wonder about Matt and wonder how Vickey is doing.

We cruise the Emerald Princess on 4/25, so we are a week ahead of you on Princess as well. It will be our first Princess cruise.

My diet is improving. Need to get moving more. Have done a lot of yard work when the weather was good over Easter. I am just so tired when I get home from work it is hard to get motivated. Longer days should help though.

Take Care,

Marsha

hello all :) i'm new here, though i've been creeping for a while lol. good job to everyone so far, you're all doing so well.

i am cruising to the bahamas in the beginning of august, which means i really gotta get into bikini ready shape :) i am happy with my figure as is, i just want to tone all the flabby parts hanging around (literally) my thighs and love handles.

i am 5'11, and my measurements are 36-28-39 (i generally wear a 6). right now i weigh about 155 pounds, and ideally would like to be about 135-140. the most important thing is the toning though, so even if I don't quite lose all the weight, as long as my clothes start feeling a bit more loose, i'm good :)

i have almost exactly 4 months til my cruise, so i know if i'm motivated enough, i'll be able to reach my goals. what are some things that really motivate you to keep the weight off? :)

Hello!!

Marsha, I'll be thinking about you on the last week of April! I hope you have a wonderful time!! You could go out for a walk during your dinner time. I so love to walk.

Brenda, I am glad to know you are maintaining a good weight. With a little Hip Hop Abs, you should be able to reach your goal weight in no time.

Hello Pinckeringprincess, welcome aboard!! I am 5'7" and my goal weight is 135 - 140. That is where I was in my teens, I was a gymnast, I had a super body and I felt great. At 5'11", I think you shouldn'd try to reach such a low goal. Listen to your body, it will not lie to you. If you have no limitations in your joints, you could try the Hip Hop Abs collection created by ShaunT or the Insanity collection also created by Shaun T. You can find both collections on this website http://www.beachbody.com/jump.do?itemType=HOME_PAGE Good luck in finding what works best for you!!

Today, I decided to get my horseman moving!! I took an 8.1 miles walk on my treadmill. I did it in 134 minutes at speeds between 3.6 and 4.5 m/h. I want my horseman to reach his boat before I get on the Caribbean Princess on May 2nd. To do that, I have an average of 8 miles to walk every day for the next 22 days. I know I can do it if I put my mind and my legs to it.

We can reach our goals!! We are the best Winning-Losers of all!!! :D:D:D

Take care and be good to yourselves!! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I havent been able to work out in a week and a half. Work has been hectic and stressfull. Yesterday was the first day I was able to work out and had a good bicep day. I ran to the beach today before work. Feel way better now.

Hello all, Im back on my no alchohol till leave diet. Went out last night with the guys and will run today. Going on leave in 3 weeks and finally get to see my girl friend. Taking her to Vegas and Disneyland.

Archived