Just off Jewel of the Seas

Where and when was your Meet & Mingle? We'll be on the April 24th cruise and we're trying to decide when to hold our cabin crawl.

Did you find a really good spot for viewing the transit? We have a hump balcony cabin on deck 9...would that be a good starting point? I've heard that it's good to move around the ship to get a different view.

Any particular hints or advice for us? Thanks!

Did you do an excursion in Panama? We are interested in the Gatun Locks tour - 2 hours +/-., but only if you reboard the ship prior to it's return through the locks. Do you know if this tour reboards the ship in the Lake or at the pier.

Thanks

Passengers who are taking tours are tendered ashore after the ship has gone up the locks into Lake Gatun. After their tour is complete they will rejoin the ship at the Cristobal Pier.

Passengers who are taking tours are tendered ashore after the ship has gone up the locks into Lake Gatun. After their tour is complete they will rejoin the ship at the Cristobal Pier.

I can relate to past experience (Brilliance) from last year. You will leave the ship in the Gatun Lake anchorage and rejoin it when it docks in Cristobal. You will miss the lockage back down.

Thanks for the replies. Since this is short tour, don't rally want to sit at the dock in Cristobal waiting for the ship.

Where and when was your Meet & Mingle? We'll be on the April 24th cruise and we're trying to decide when to hold our cabin crawl.

Did you find a really good spot for viewing the transit? We have a hump balcony cabin on deck 9...would that be a good starting point? I've heard that it's good to move around the ship to get a different view.

Any particular hints or advice for us? Thanks!

The meet and mingle was in the Vortex on deck 13. The best way to see the Panama Canal is to move around . . .lots of people on the helo pad and the forward part of the windjammer was a good place to see it also . . . but be sure to make your way to the back of the ship to see the gates closing! . . . .also If you are not getting off the ship, i wouldn't break my neck to get up in the morning as you will see the exact same thing in the afternoon with only half the people

Did you do an excursion in Panama? We are interested in the Gatun Locks tour - 2 hours +/-., but only if you reboard the ship prior to it's return through the locks. Do you know if this tour reboards the ship in the Lake or at the pier.

Thanks

None of the tours reboard until after the ship goes back through the locks . . . .we picked up all the passengers at Cristobal pier

We had a wonderful tour Eco tour of the Changras River. You drive through the locks, go to the observation area, go on a hike though the jungle (you walk on a path) and a river boat ride. We saw monkeys, sloths, ant eater, lizards and lots of birds on the river. It was excellent and I highly recommend it.

The meet and mingle was in the Vortex on deck 13. The best way to see the Panama Canal is to move around . . .lots of people on the helo pad and the forward part of the windjammer was a good place to see it also . . . but be sure to make your way to the back of the ship to see the gates closing! . . . .also If you are not getting off the ship, i wouldn't break my neck to get up in the morning as you will see the exact same thing in the afternoon with only half the people

Thank you!

Archived