Brilliance Itinerary v. Grand Prin. Which is best?

twopats

We want to take either one of these cruises in the Fall that has a two day stop in Egypt so we can spend a night in Cairo to see the pyramids and sights. Brilliance has an itinerary that includes Alexandria and the next day Port Said, plus Valletta, Malta; Limassol, Cyprus; Rhodes, Greece; and Sicily. We have never been to these locations but wonder if there is really anything interesting to see? The Grand, on the other hand, starts in Rome then stops in Athens; Kusadasi, Turkey; Istanbul; Mykonos and then the two ports in Egypt. We have visited all these ports with the exception of Istanbol and found them all extremely interesting and perhaps a second visit would be more enjoyable than those scheduled on the Brilliance. Could I have some feedback on everyone's thoughts comparing the two cruises. The prices are almost identical. Thanks. Trish

I've taken the Princess cruise you mention in 2006 and it was so enjoyable that I'm doing it again this year. There is more than enough to do in almost every port to warrant a second trip.

If you haven't been to Istanbul, I'd recommend the Princess cruise for that reason alone. Istanbul is fantastic, well worth a visit, and is easy to do on your own if you're so inclined.

Archived