Caribbean Princess Quad Inside C716

GreatToBeGrammy

Does anybody know if this is a good location for a room? I chose it because it was near, but not beside, the elevators. My mom and sister have never cruised, so I was told that it was better to be near the back of the ship for less rocking motion. I'm hoping the location will be good for short walks to the pool and dining room since Mom is on oxygen.

Also, we asked for a rollaway bed and were just told (after booking) that it wasn't possible in this room. None of us are comfortable climbing up to a top bunk, so I'm wondering what to do now? Is it possible to remove the mattresses from the bunks and place them on the floor between the twin beds for sleeping?

Thanks,

Terry

Does anybody know if this is a good location for a room? I chose it because it was near, but not beside, the elevators. My mom and sister have never cruised, so I was told that it was better to be near the back of the ship for less rocking motion. I'm hoping the location will be good for short walks to the pool and dining room since Mom is on oxygen.

Also, we asked for a rollaway bed and were just told (after booking) that it wasn't possible in this room. None of us are comfortable climbing up to a top bunk, so I'm wondering what to do now? Is it possible to remove the mattresses from the bunks and place them on the floor between the twin beds for sleeping?

Thanks,

Terry

I totally agree here, aft is not the place to book a stateroom for less motion. Low and midship would be your best bet.

The problem with no roll away is that there isn't the floor space to put one. A quad in an inside, outside stateroom means almost no floor space whatsoever. Not even sure there would be enough to pull one of the mattresses off and use on the floor for an adult. Here is a picture I found of an inside quad, see for yourself.

quad.jpg.b939376c4d1d63b3c9af2a315be5485f.jpg

There is certainly not enough room between the beds or at the end of the beds for a mattress on the floor.

My mother has mobility issues and I have found that a cabin in the centre of the ship (550 or less) opposite the elevators minimizes the amount of walking if you are eating anytime dining and is much more convenient for the theatre and lounges. You might find that you will feel more pitch in cabins at the stern of the ship. Since it is an inside cabin the roll would be the same in any cabin and is marginally less than on an outside cabin. The last cruise we did it was difficult to know if we were even moving on most days.

Did you price 2 inside for 2 instead of a quad. Sometimes the difference is almost none. It all four of you are adults, it might be worth a look. The inside cabins are smaller than you think. Even if you get gty cabins and end up not next to each other, it might be worth it if the costs are too much.

There are just 3 of us traveling, my mom, sister and myself. We all wanted to room together instead of one being alone, that's why we just got one room instead of 2. There weren't any mid ship rooms available and our TA told us that we would be better off towards the back (for less ship movement), near the elevator for mom to be close to the anytime dining room and a smaller pool. She knew we needed a third bed, and we thought we could use a roll away instead of the bunk.

What now?

There are just 3 of us traveling, my mom, sister and myself. We all wanted to room together instead of one being alone, that's why we just got one room instead of 2. There weren't any mid ship rooms available and our TA told us that we would be better off towards the back (for less ship movement), near the elevator for mom to be close to the anytime dining room and a smaller pool. She knew we needed a third bed, and we thought we could use a roll away instead of the bunk.

What now?

You will either have to have one in the stateroom sleep in the upper, or see if there are any mini suites still available (more $$$$ of coarse). The layout for three in a mini would be more preferable for those needing three lowers. See attached picture of a mini suite quad with the sofa bed for the third passenger and a single bunk above the sofa bed for the 4th .

1384452107_MiniSuitequad.jpg.a41dc0f2f59a797450a060c824528468.jpg

I'll check tomorrow to see if a mini suite is available and how much more it will be. If we can't go that route and have to stay with this type room for the three of us, would it be better to try to change to another inside room in a different area for the three of us - keeping in mind my Mom on oxygen and needing to walk shorter distances for food, pool, etc and my sister with motion sickness difficulties at times?

If so, what other room/areas would be better?

Thanks,

Terry

I'll check tomorrow to see if a mini suite is available and how much more it will be. If we can't go that route and have to stay with this type room for the three of us, would it be better to try to change to another inside room in a different area for the three of us - keeping in mind my Mom on oxygen and needing to walk shorter distances for food, pool, etc and my sister with motion sickness difficulties at times?

Thanks,

Terry

Terry, if you want an area of the ship with less motion, as close to midship as possible and not too high up would be your answer for your sister. Take a look at the deck plans after you check for availability and compare what you find there.

We have always found midship to be a good location for the least amount of walking. Way forward, or aft means a lot of walking for certain areas.

Best of luck, and I sure hope there are minis still available, I think you would all be so much more comfortable in one for three passengers, especially your mom! Enjoy!

Thanks,

Terry

There are also accessible oceanview cabins which are large enough to take a rollaway if Princess will allow it. They are right next to the elevators and relatively midships.

Archived