Is the snorkeling safe?

JustBreathe09

Hey all! I was wondering just how safe snorkeling was in Mexico. I have looked at everyone's beautiful photos, and got a little scared when I saw a barracuda & a stingray! Maybe it is just because I am pregnant and nervous, but how do you manage to stay away from the more dangerous ocean creatures? :confused:

Thanks!:D

Trying to decide if we should go snorkeling at Costa Maya or Cozumel. We will be there in a few weeks. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Honestly, I know this is the Costa maya board but do it in Cozumel. You'll have many more options and the snorkeling will probably be better.

Hey all! I was wondering just how safe snorkeling was in Mexico. I have looked at everyone's beautiful photos, and got a little scared when I saw a barracuda & a stingray! Maybe it is just because I am pregnant and nervous, but how do you manage to stay away from the more dangerous ocean creatures? :confused:

Thanks!:D

No danger there. These animals are not dangerous. Stingrays just fly silently by you as you're amazed by their grace. Barracudas just kind of sit there looking around - sometimes you wonder if they are even alive. Just float on the top and watch the underwater world go by. If you see stingrays, consider yourself very lucky - it's very exciting to see them. They are so beautiful to watch in the water. Snorkeling in this are is very safe, and very worthwhile. Have a great time!

Trying to decide if we should go snorkeling at Costa Maya or Cozumel. We will be there in a few weeks. Thanks in advance for any advice!

We just came back from snorkeling in Costa Maya. Went out to the reef on an RCI sponsored catamaran called the Mayan Wind. The coral and tropical fish on this snorkel were one of the best (short of Hanauma Bay in Hawaii) we have been on in a while. It all depends on the sites you pick for snorkeling.

Check out some of the underwater photos on pages 3 and 4 of this link for some of the snorkeling in Costa Maya.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=892921

Enjoy

Archived