Hong Kong to Capetown March 2010

Bradtez

My wife and i will be booking this 35 day trip from Hong Kong to Capetown in March 2010 this week. We were originally going to have the Horizon suite, but now a new pricing has been released which means for $1800 more pp we can book the B Penthouse Suite.

My question is; is the extra money worth it and what sort of services does the butler give?

My wife and i will be booking this 35 day trip from Hong Kong to Capetown in March 2010 this week. We were originally going to have the Horizon suite, but now a new pricing has been released which means for $1800 more pp we can book the B Penthouse Suite.

My question is; is the extra money worth it and what sort of services does the butler give?

If that is Australian Dollars, it looks cheap to me. Many people have complained about vibration at the rear of Voyager though it never bothered me personally. I loved the Horizon suite with the larger balconies, but the Penthouse does have an attractive squarer layout.

As for the butler, others may answer about what he will do for you and there are other threads with views quite recently on this board

Can't comment on the suite personally, although I'm booked in a B this December, but I've been told that although it's not a great deal larger than a standard suite, the layout makes it feel very roomy.

The butler can be very helpful, although we didn't use ours much when we had one. He can make specialty dining reservations for you, but we preferred to do it ourselves. They pick up laundry and deliver it, instead of the stewardess. Not a big deal. When you call room service, the request is passed to them. They deliver canapes every night, of your choice. They make you feel like you're being pampered.

I am a bit confused. . . I'm assuming that you are referring to the Voyager because the Penthouse suites are more square and seem larger. The confusion comes from wanting to be in a Horizon suite. Are you referring to the "aft" Horizon suites (not certain if there are any others other than aft)?

The one place most people would suggest not to be on the Voyager is anywhere aft. The vibration you will feel is not worth extra space on the balcony.

If you are on the Mariner, some Horizon suites are under La Veranda restaurant (you can look over the rail in La Veranda and see the balconies below). However, there is no vibration on the Mariner.

For us, we definitely love the Penthouse suites on the Voyager. On a long cruise, the ability to move around the suite easier would be a big plus!

The vibration you will feel is not worth extra space on the balcony.

I personally do not agree with that. The vibration did not bother me, though as I said earlier, it does bother some.

The March 2010 Hong Kong to Capetown Is on Voyager.

I personally do not agree with that. The vibration did not bother me, though as I said earlier, it does bother some.

The March 2010 Hong Kong to Capetown Is on Voyager.

I don't disagaree with you. However, how were the seas when you had an aft cabin? We were on the Navigator two years ago and did not feel any vibration. Last week, the constant, noisy vibration was annoying -- while we were eating our meals.

The seas around Cape Town are reportedly a bit rough. We have been on the Voyager twice (our favorite ship) and were not bothered by the vibration (always felt in La Veranda). We have not had an aft cabin, but, the little vibration I have felt would get old long before the 35th day. Just my opinion:)

Thankyou guys for your input on this subject, we have decided to go for the B penthouse suite, due mainly to the fact of the better layout. The butler service i suppose is just a nice extra to have.

As for the vibration, i have heard more good than bad, so will just have to take pot luck!

Thankyou guys for your input on this subject, we have decided to go for the B penthouse suite, due mainly to the fact of the better layout. The butler service i suppose is just a nice extra to have.

As for the vibration, i have heard more good than bad, so will just have to take pot luck!

I think you made a great decision. Just curious. . . what "good" things have you heard about the vibration?:D

I think you made a great decision. Just curious. . . what "good" things have you heard about the vibration?:D

More other cruisers are saying that they either didn't feel any vibration or it was extremely minimal. I suppose some people are more susceptible to noise, light OR vibration!

Archived