Any Kentucky cruisers out there??!!!

hpreece

I'm from Lexington. We just went on Carnival Glory 2/7-2/14. We visited Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau. I have already started planned or looking into booking our next cruise...maybe Bermuda. It's addicting and planning and researching is half the fun.

I have a friend who just bought a house in BG...she gets married in May and plans to move into it then. She hasn't started looking for a job there yet. I hope the job market is better there in BG than it is here in Lex.

Do you usually fly to the port? Which port are you going from and what are you ports of call? Lexington just started carrying Alligiant Airlines and we got our tickets to our last cruise for under $100 each way to Orlando.

Ruthie,

Please let me know how you end up liking Liberty. I was looking into going on Liberty in December..it's goes to the Western Caribbean. It's on sale right now for under $400 per person, so I was thinking if we could get the flight cheap enough that may be a pretty reasonable pre Christmas vacation :confused:. The last time I looked at flights to Miami they were quite expensive though...that was coming from Lexington.

Will do. Yes, unfortunately flying into Miami is the more expense airpot. Try ft. lauderdale - you can get the Carnival transfer from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami and it's usually cheaper than flying into Miami.

Thanks. I will have to check into flying to Ft. Lauderdale. I've never purchased the Carnival transportation...we usually rent a car and stay a night at a hotel before we board. Is the transportation purchased thru the cruise line pricey or fairly reasonable?

We are on the Carnival Sensation on April 23rd! Flying Allegiant Airlines out of LEX to MCO. Allegiant also flies out of Huntington WV which is only a little over an hour away and has cheap flights to FLL. This would help with Miami or Port Everglades based cruises! Just make sure you watch out for the add-ons of Allegiant!:(

Me and the wife have 30 days for our first cruise on Sensation. We fly out of Cincinnati May 7 and go straight from plane to ship. We are excited and trying to get everything in order. PLUS....it will be our 5 year anniversary too:D

Fredasman, I hope you are extremely excited about your cruise because it is quiet an amazing experience. Our 1st cruise was for our 10th and we have went every year since then. Which ports of calls will you be visiting?

-Heather

hpreece,

Yes we are very excited. We are only going to Nassau but I figure we try the short cruise first........then hopefully longer ones to come.:D This web site has been very helpful in preparation for our adventure.

We went to Nassau for the first time this February. I had a hard time talking my husband to go there because he had heard bad stories from people who visited....so I found an awesome tour and he agreed to go. We went to Black Beard Cay (it's a private island) and spent the day with the stingrays and on the beach. I highly recommend going there. After we visited there, we still had a few minutes to walk around the straw market. So we were able to understand how people can get a bad preception on Nassau if they didn't experience anything other than walking around town on their own.

• 2 weeks later...

HI!!!!! My boyfriend, best friend, her husband, and I are going on the Holiday on MONDAY!!!! It's out of Mobile, so we're driving down there.. from Lexington (well I live in Frankfort now, but always a Lexingtonian at heart) :p

• 1 month later...

Hi-I just found this thread purely by accident.

DH & I are in Louisville and still have 5 months until our next cruise. :( I am so envious of those of you who are going soon.

We've been on 4 previous cruises, the most recent being the Carnival Legend, in Oct 08.

Airfare has been the bane of my existence for our next cruise. SDF and LEX are still over $300. CVG and IND are right at $200, but, by the time we pay to park for 10 days, food, gas...we'll have spent over $300 there, too. UGH.

Sue,

Where will you be flying to for your next cruise? And where of your "ports of calls" on your next cruise?

I saw that you will be cruising "Pride of America" in a couple of years...will that be in Hawaii? Our very first cruise was Pride of Hawaii and still remains our favorite because of the ports of call being the Hawaiian Islands.

Sue,

Where will you be flying to for your next cruise? And where of your "ports of calls" on your next cruise?

I saw that you will be cruising "Pride of America" in a couple of years...will that be in Hawaii? Our very first cruise was Pride of Hawaii and still remains our favorite because of the ports of call being the Hawaiian Islands.

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale. Our POC are St Kitts, St Lucia and St Maarten. These are all new islands for us, so we are really excited.

Yes, the POA still does the Hawiian islands. We usually cruise with Carnival (except our Alaskan cruise--we went on Princess). My husband was not thrilled with sailing from the west coast and having so many sea days, so that really ruled out any other lines.

What did you think of the POA? I've read so many mixed reviews. The way I look at it though--this is one cruise we are definitely doing for the islands, not the ship. And I don't think we will be disappointed by the islands!

We are going for our 25th anniversary. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd be waiting 2 yrs. I'm way too excited!

Hi everyone! My hubby and I are near Madisonville..We will be going on our first cruise in July on NCL Sky...We will also be celebrating our 2nd Anniversary! We are so excited!

Oh, your first cruise! How exciting! Somehow, for me, the first will always be our most special.

Congrats and best wishes on your anniversary!

Oh, your first cruise! How exciting! Somehow, for me, the first will always be our most special.

Congrats and best wishes on your anniversary!

Thanks! We are very excited about it...Still trying to figure out what to do on Grand Bahama, but im sure we will figure it out!

Thanks! We are very excited about it...Still trying to figure out what to do on Grand Bahama, but im sure we will figure it out!

I haven't been to the Bahamas in years, because we were not impressed. But, after seeing the Atlantis, I really want to go back and spend the day there (shhh...don't tell my husband!).

Archived