Any Kentucky cruisers out there??!!!

hpreece

From a small little town in eastern Ky...Paintsville Ky that is. We are getting ready for our 8th cruise on Carnival. Can't wait to get to Alaska! :D

GO CATS

Ladybug,

My husband is originally from Paintsville, most of his family still lives there. ..Small world. Hope you have fun in Alaska.

-Heather

My husband and I live in Louisville and will be taking our first cruise on April 26, 2010 and will be cruising on the Norwegian Sky. Not familiar with cruising but would love any suggestions Thanks

On NCL, it's "freestyle dining" but sometimes the dining rooms are booked and not available...on our first cruise we couldn't understand how that happens so after coming back home a doing research before our next NCL cruise I learned that every morning they take reservations for that evenings dining. You will be able to figure out where the reservation area is held by inquiring at the pursers desk.

Have fun. Where are you cruising to?

-Heather

Ladybug,

My husband is originally from Paintsville, most of his family still lives there. ..Small world. Hope you have fun in Alaska.

-Heather

Very small sometimes! We usually run into a few other Kentuckians when cruising due to the fact that I usually pack a few of my UK t-shirts!

Hello fellow Kentucky cruisers. Heat wave coming!!

Speaking of UK t-shirts, last year we were with a group of 14 at an all inclusive resort in Playa del Mexico, Mexico -- participating in a bartending class. I had my UK t-shirt on, a young lady came up to me and asked me where we were from. Her and her hubby were also from Louisville, they were on their honeymoon. And one of the guys with our group used to work with the man! Small world!!

Happy crusing!

Hey! KY cruisers...we're from Bagdad, in Far Eastern Shelby county...

we've been on one other cruise on Carnival...and are FINALLY getting ready to do another one in October...Celebrating our 25th anniversary [a year later...] haha...anyone out there been on Radiance of the Seas?

• 11 months later...
I know it's been a while since anyone has posted, but we're also Ky cruisers from Lexington. We will be taking our 2nd cruise next month on Princess. We are already addicted!

I started this thread and haven't been on it myself in quite awhile. I'm leaving for Baltimore for my first Royal Carribean cruise on Monday :)

I too am from Lexington.

Are you flying from BGairport to get to your port?

I started this thread and haven't been on it myself in quite awhile. I'm leaving for Baltimore for my first Royal Carribean cruise on Monday :)

I too am from Lexington.

Are you flying from BGairport to get to your port?

We sure are. We are taking Airtran direct to FLL. It only flies on Tues, Thurs, and Sat, however. The rates are great, though! We got them for $64pp one way.

How are you going? (I wish our cruise was that soon. :()

Glad to see this thread again!! We are in central KY...Campbellsville. We love to cruise too...leave in about 40 days for the 10-day Southern Carib. aboard the Emerald Princess! Would have loved to try Airtran but could not get it to work with our schedule. Next time I am checking out Vision Airlines too...they just announced this spring they are adding Ft. Lauderdale!

Deb

Glad to see this thread again!! We are in central KY...Campbellsville. We love to cruise too...leave in about 40 days for the 10-day Southern Carib. aboard the Emerald Princess! Would have loved to try Airtran but could not get it to work with our schedule. Next time I am checking out Vision Airlines too...they just announced this spring they are adding Ft. Lauderdale!

Deb

Haven't heard of Vision Airlines. Any good?

• 2 weeks later...
We sure are. We are taking Airtran direct to FLL. It only flies on Tues, Thurs, and Sat, however. The rates are great, though! We got them for $64pp one way.

How are you going? (I wish our cruise was that soon. :()

We flew Airtran last year...when it first started. Are you renting a car or staying post or pre cruise? We rented a car and stayed near Hollywood beach the day before and on Miami Beach the day after the cruise last February.

This year we drove to Baltimore...I would do that again despite the snow scare. Flying is such a pain now days plus our cruise was 12 days and we packed as much as we wanted without having to worry about the 50 lb limit and paying, etc.

What are your port of calls?

-Heather

We flew Airtran last year...when it first started. Are you renting a car or staying post or pre cruise? We rented a car and stayed near Hollywood beach the day before and on Miami Beach the day after the cruise last February.

This year we drove to Baltimore...I would do that again despite the snow scare. Flying is such a pain now days plus our cruise was 12 days and we packed as much as we wanted without having to worry about the 50 lb limit and paying, etc.

What are your port of calls?

-Heather

At this point, we have not decided to rent a car, but we will be in FLL in Hollywood on Thursday night with the cruise leaving on Saturday. The hotel is near a large shopping center with plenty of restaurants. Our cruise is only 7 days, and we will be going to Grand Caymans, Roatan, Cozumel, and Princess Cays.

We are tentatively planning to do the Southern Caribbean in December. We know we will be cruising, just haven't decided on the exact cruise yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I live in Florence ya'll!! And I'll be going on my 1st cruise on April 8th, NCL Sky 3-night Bahamas cruise.

We're driving down to Miami. Anyone have tips for driving to the port?

Thanks!

Hope you had fun on your 1 st cruise. They are addictive!

Archived