Any Kentucky cruisers out there??!!!

hpreece

We loved NCL Pride of Hawaii...it was our first cruise, for our 10th anniversary. I don't think anything will ever top that first cruise. The islands were awesome too! We just loved everything about the whole vacation. A friend of mine went on the POA...said that there aren't a whole lot of kids and that it's very relaxing.

my wife and i are leaving on the carnival conquest out of galveston on september 26. We are from hawesville,ky and are planning on driving down. We have a 4 star hotel on the water lined up for the night before there in galveston and we got it for only 99 dollars

KYimport,

That sounds great..we have never driven to a cruise port mostly because of the expensive parking fees. We thought about renting a car and dropping it off before getting onboard...but flying tends to be cheaper. I have seen several hotels that are near cruise ports that offer free parking if you book a pre cruise stay.

Ruthie,

Please let me know how you end up liking Liberty. I was looking into going on Liberty in December..it's goes to the Western Caribbean. It's on sale right now for under $400 per person, so I was thinking if we could get the flight cheap enough that may be a pretty reasonable pre Christmas vacation :confused:. The last time I looked at flights to Miami they were quite expensive though...that was coming from Lexington.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Liberty. Our first balcony so that made it more special. Our cabin was on Panorama deck -- perfect location. Very convenient. Will stay on that deck again.

We flew into Miami the day before. We went to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. Had a wonderful time.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Frankin, KY. There are five of us going on the Carnival Victory the week of Oct 25th 2009. We are flying into San Juan the day before to sightsee. Staying at the Sheraton right across from the pier. It is a Southern Caribbean Cruise. 7 days, San Juan, PR, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St.Kitts and back to San Juan. We booked it in Dec and I am sooo excited I am driving everyone crazy. LOL I guess you can tell it my first cruise.:) We fly out of Nashville and our tickets were $433 OUCH!

Kygirl-We did the So Caribbean 3 yrs ago (I think) when the Destiny was doing that route. We stayed at the Sheraton the day before the cruise. Definitely take the walk through Old San Juan and explore the fort. We had a great time doing that.

I think you did really well on airfare. I paid more than that 3 yrs ago. Heck, right now air out of Louiville to Ft Lauderdale for our Nov cruise is over $300! We fly out of SDF( we live 15 min from the airport).

I hope you have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

WE live in central KY....Campbellsville....we are absolutely addicted to cruising...every time the checkbook allows! Have cruised 3 times with Princess and once with Carnival. Currently booked on 10 day Southern April 9, 2010 with friends from GA. Can't wait!

Deb in Cville

• 1 month later...

17 DAYS UNTIL I SET SAIL!!! We will be driving to Mobile for the first time. Not sure what to expect or how early to leave, so we are going to leave the night prior and get to Mobile probably around 5am.

Has anyone drove to the Mobile port from KY?

17 DAYS UNTIL I SET SAIL!!! We will be driving to Mobile for the first time. Not sure what to expect or how early to leave, so we are going to leave the night prior and get to Mobile probably around 5am.

Has anyone drove to the Mobile port from KY?

Yes.......

I have.........

I have family that lives in Bilixo MS......

Mobile is about a hour drive to MS.....

They drove me over to the port and dropped

me off......

It's a 10 to 11 hour drive........

Thanks Nitenurs & Barbara. I'm so excited, as if you can't already tell! Yesterday we booked our shore excursion in Cozumel, we will be swimming with the dolphins...as a birthday surprise for my 11/12 year old.

Enjoy your weekend,

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are taking our first cruise Jan 17 on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa. Can't wait. We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary that was 04/09. We are planning to drive down. Does anyone know of a hotel in the area that will let you park while on the cruise? Oh by the way, we are from Shepherdsville Ky about 15 miles south of Louisville.

Allegiant Air out of Lexington has cheap flights if they will fit your schedule.

sjkey,

We flew Alligiant in February to Orlando...they only fly on certain days which doesn't normally fit the cruise schedules on both departure and arrival. So we stayed at a hotel on Cocoa Beach for 3 days, so the price that we saved in addition to the amount that we spent on the hotel didn't really benefit us.

-Heather

My husband and I are taking our first cruise Jan 17 on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa. Can't wait. We will be celebrating our 35th anniversary that was 04/09. We are planning to drive down. Does anyone know of a hotel in the area that will let you park while on the cruise? Oh by the way, we are from Shepherdsville Ky about 15 miles south of Louisville.

Search out this forum on Florida Departures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Hi from Louisville!

We sailed on the Legend last October. We stayed at the Rocky Point Holiday Inn Express. We flew down, but I'm sure they had free parking for the duration of the cruise. They do have a complimentary shuttle from the hotel to the port and back. They also had a free continental breakfast. You have to ask for the cruise package.

http://www.hiextampa.com/

• 2 months later...

Hello! I am also a fellow Kentuckian. We have cruise on the Disney Magic twice and are planning our first cruise on RCI Freedom of the Seas for this November to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. On both of our previous trips we have met other cruisers from Kentucky. On the last cruise, there was a large family all cruising together from Louisville. We ran into some combination of them several times a day. Although we would have never known them had we not just been cruising together, it felt like we had know each other forever just because we were all from Kentucky.

Stumbled on this thread. It sure is a cold week here in Kentucky.

On our last cruise, while waiting to disembark, a couple noticed my wife's UK shirt. They said to take it easy on them as they were Auburn fans. (The day we returned was the day of the UK/Auburn game.)

They asked what part of Kentucky we were from (can you guess from my screen name)? Turns out, they have a relative who is the Fire Chief in our small town.

My dad always said you can find people from Kentucky where you travel.

Happy cruising.:D

Archived