Flight home from Barcelona

We are on NCL Gem, it says the ship docks at 5am in Barcelona, we have a 10am flight. Those who flew out of Barcelona, do you think 10am is realistic? Now I'm worried that we won't make the flight.

Thanks!

We are on NCL Gem, it says the ship docks at 5am in Barcelona, we have a 10am flight. Those who flew out of Barcelona, do you think 10am is realistic? Now I'm worried that we won't make the flight.

Thanks!

Friends caught 8.30 am departures... all you need to do is carry your bags yourself.

Subject you are flying back to the US:

08.00 hrs latest arrival time at airport

07.15 hrs latest departure by taxi from cruise terminal

If you are flying via another European gateway like Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, Amsterdam (but not UK- or Irish airports)

08.30 hrs latest arrival time at airport

07.30 hrs latest departure by taxi from cruise terminal (vary to weekday - weekends more 08.00 hrs)

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks!

We are also on the Gem in/out of Barcelona and wanted to book a 10am flight (direct home). I called NCL and they said that they recommend flights no earlier than 10am, so we felt comfortable enough to book the 10am. It will be a very early day. :eek:

We flew BCN 10 am flights last year and had no problem. Were off the ship by 6:15 am, and pre-arranged a taxi pickup (Angie's Taxi). Were at the airport (only about 20 min. drive), checked in and having coffee shortly after 7 am. Had 3 hrs. to spare b4 flights.

Just be sure you put early disembarkation when you fill out your forms. You can carry your own luggage off the ship but we opted not to. Because we were the first ones off the ship (only about 50 of us) we were able to retrieve our luggage with no waiting. Angie's taxi was waiting for us when we got off the ship. We pd. E45.00 for 4 of us with luggage. Had a nice minivan pick us up. We did give the taxi driver a tip.

Don't worry, it is possible. The cruise lines always tell you not to schedule flights early. Of course, all of this is possible if the ship does not encounter any delays due to the weather, etc. Think positive. The worst case scenario would be that you would miss your flight if the ship was late arriving and/or have to stay in BCN another day!

Good luck & don't worry! Been there, done that!

Mary

We, too, have a 10 a.m. flight out of Barcelona. We did not opt for it, however, Delta changed their Barcelona to Atlanta flight from 1:05 p.m. to 10 a.m. after we had booked.

We have also contracted with Angie Taxi to pick us up which we did last year when we cruised out of Barcelona. They are very reliable and you won't have to worry about what kind of taxi line you are going to encounter. Well worth the piece of mind.

We, too, have a 10 a.m. flight out of Barcelona. We did not opt for it, however, Delta changed their Barcelona to Atlanta flight from 1:05 p.m. to 10 a.m. after we had booked.

We have also contracted with Angie Taxi to pick us up which we did last year when we cruised out of Barcelona. They are very reliable and you won't have to worry about what kind of taxi line you are going to encounter. Well worth the piece of mind.

Can you tell me how you got ahold of Angie Taxi?

Let me add that the taxis are lined up at the terminal starting at about 6AM--really no need to prebook unless you are very compulsive! We did the self-disembark, walked off at about 6:30 AM with our luggage, waited about 5 minutes for a taxi and were at the train station at 7 AM for an 8:30 AM train. You will be fine with your 10AM flight.

Cathy

Personally, I like to know that everything is all arranged before we leave home. That way, there are no surprises. You will probably end up paying the same price with either a pre-booked taxi or taking your chances at the pier.

We got off the ship and Angie's driver had a sign w/ my name on it. You can decide what you would like to do but here is Angie's website:

http://www.barcelonataxivan.com/

Here's her email: ANGELINA GARCIA (angietaxi33@yahoo.com)

Be specific when you email her about your ship, date and time of docking, what time you want to be picked up, how many people in your party, how many pieces of luggage you will have so she can give you an accurate price. Also be sure you have euros to pay the driver.

Mary

Is it easy to get a cab at the Port? Are they lined up just waiting like most US ports? We aren't in any hurry and prefer to stay on board as long as possible. We just need a cab to take us to our hotel.

You will probably end up paying the same price with either a pre-booked taxi or taking your chances at the pier.

No!!!

2008-NCL-Jade-30101-Taxi.jpg

Day of travel

Time of travel

Number of baggage

Waiting time on the way

Pre-arrangement by radio call

Destination surcharge

Size of car

influence your price on the meter.

Therefore be sure that in case everything is covered.

Unfortunately our experience with http://www.barcelonataxivan.com were not the best:

Because of the "van" in their name we expected some more possibilities to have someone mobility challenged carried with them. But they just told us that they do not have any cars to carry mobility reduced passengers.

Now we are 6 and they do not provide such large cars although "van" should let you think that they can. But again a "no".

But anyway: we found someone for us 6 and it's cheaper than two taxis. And the best is the price for additional sightseeing: we were nice surprised when we got the quotation.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Yes, there are tons of taxis and they just keep coming until everyone is off the ship, then they start bringing the new passengers! I have cruised in and out of there several times without a problem finding transport.

Cathy

Thank You

HeinBloed - The sign you posted is confusing to me. How much did your taxi ride cost? What were your pick up and drop off points?

I arrive in Barcelona in May. Can anyone tell me the current rate for taxi rides?

airport to hotel (Atrium Palace)

hotel to pier

pier to airport

HeinBloed - The sign you posted is confusing to me. How much did your taxi ride cost? What were your pick up and drop off points?

I arrive in Barcelona in May. Can anyone tell me the current rate for taxi rides?

airport to hotel (Atrium Palace)

hotel to pier

pier to airport

Sorry to confuse you:

1. Airport to Hotel

see the website of your hotel:

http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/index.html#

But let me confuse you more:

You are going on Sunday/Holiday: you pay surcharge

You are going in the night time: you pay surcharge

You have baggage in the trunk: you pay surcharge

It's an airport or port transfer: you pay surcharge

As your hotel stated:

20-25 EUR for a normal ride under normal conditions

2. Hotel to Pier

see above

but additional

if your hotel calls a taxi by phone: you pay extra

if your hotel calls a van instead of taxi: you pay extra again

so we paid as we were stupid enough to ask the reception desk to call a taxi: 25 EUR from City Center to Port...

next time we know: just stop one at the curbside and you save the last two surcharges... but you need a little more time until you get one...

3. Pier to Airport

also between 25-35 EUR - vary depends to the extras...

So still confused... then you feel the same like us...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived