Noordam - Monte Carlo or Villefranche

Thank you. This is very good information especially for planning our timeline. I think we will start with Monte Carlo, see the palace, take the train to Nice and then from there take the bus to Eze and then return to Monte Carlo.

I was thinking that we might start with Villa Ephrussi di Rothschild in Villefranche - if we docked in Villefranche.

How did you manage your day while in Monaco?

Best regards,

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I checked the same Monaco port site a couple of weeks ago and it showed the Noordam docked in Monaco (not even tendered) on 6/10. Now the Noordam is not even listed. I am on the Noordam 6/8/09 sailing and I thought I saw you on a roll call.

Irene

I filtered and sorted for the Noordam and could not find a June 2009 listing. So maybe it is Villefranche after all..... thank you very much for your help - Ellen

No wonder... the 2010 calls... instead of 2009 calls.

but quite interesting because NIEUW AMSTERDAM is already listed... and I know now that my sailing on NORWEGIAN JADE will berth directly at the port quay.

I checked with http://www.cruisecal.com and you are reported for tendering in Monte Carlo from 8 am to 5 pm.

Regards,

HeinBloed

I am the King of the Seas...

Well the French website has a link to the 2009 calls:

http://www.ports-monaco.com/docs/planning_croisiere.xls

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:00 Wednesday, June 10, 2009 17:00 NOORDAM Premium 285,00 32,25 Digue X 1850

Should be correct in Monte Carlo from 7 am to 5 pm and docked at the pier as no other ship is announced for the call on this day.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Hi Irene,

Yes - that's me - I am on the roll call for the Noordam on June 8.

I am just trying to get my timeline down so I can maximize each of our ports. Nice to hear from you. Have a wonderful day!

Ellen

Hi Ellen,

I checked the same Monaco port site a couple of weeks ago and it showed the Noordam docked in Monaco (not even tendered) on 6/10. Now the Noordam is not even listed. I am on the Noordam 6/8/09 sailing and I thought I saw you on a roll call.

Irene

Thank you. This is very good information especially for planning our timeline. I think we will start with Monte Carlo, see the palace, take the train to Nice and then from there take the bus to Eze and then return to Monte Carlo.

I was thinking that we might start with Villa Ephrussi di Rothschild in Villefranche - if we docked in Villefranche.

How did you manage your day while in Monaco?

Best regards,

Ellen

Ellen, I would make one suggestion to your itinerary. We do a lot of independent travel (on and off of cruises) and use a basic rule or thumb for port days. Go to your furthest point early in the day and than work yourself back. Also keep in mind that the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at the palace is about 11:55am if this matters in your plans.

Hank

Archived