Rollcall Group Size

capnpugwash

What is the largest rollcall group that we've had on Cunard, currently there are 55 people on April 14 TA plus 4 from another board. CC is going be crowded, they'll be sitting on the piano.. lol

I don't know about the largest Capn', but I have been single-handedly responsible for the some of the smallest. Every time I join or initiate a rollcall, everyone else legs it!!!

Is there something I'm not being told?

J

Cap'n

There certainly was a large number who posted on the Roll Call for the TA tandem from NY 16th October last year. However not so many turned up in the Commodore Club for the convivial meeting, but I did have the honour of being seated next to you along with my daughter,:rolleyes: and not everyone had this pleasure.

My next trip leaves NY 26th April, and this is one of those trips with a poor showing at the moment. Ah well.....perhaps that means that those on this voyage have not yet heard of the ambiance in the CC and it will be easier to find a seat for a sundown martini.:)

I am sure you will enjoy your next TA, but the Tandem Crossing will take some beating. Have you come across Cap'n (another one) Charles Bates who embarked on the QM2 yesterday?

Jimmy I am sure it is just a series of coincidences combined with the financial turndown. This is a service offered in the evening by ex-bankers who have bought guest houses.

Oh well...

as long as you're sure it's not my after shave (or worse!).

J

Cap'n

There certainly was a large number who posted on the Roll Call for the TA tandem from NY 16th October last year. However not so many turned up in the Commodore Club for the convivial meeting, but I did have the honour of being seated next to you along with my daughter,:rolleyes: and not everyone had this pleasure.

I?

Well hello again, I do remember your daughter and yourself and it was my honour, as you say it was a great crossing, I got onto the QE2 when we arrived in England and did a little 6 day jaunt. I have never met Captain Bates but is he in charge for a while? I hope that you enjoy your April voyage, are you in New York for long before the trip back?

I hope that you enjoy your April voyage, are you in New York for long before the trip back?

[/i][/b]

Cap'n

We have some time in Boston, before making our way back to NY for a few days.

I must admit we quite regret never having been on the QE2, I hope you enjoyed your little sojourn.

Regards

Well hello again, I do remember your daughter and yourself and it was my honour, as you say it was a great crossing, I got onto the QE2 when we arrived in England and did a little 6 day jaunt. I have never met Captain Bates but is he in charge for a while? I hope that you enjoy your April voyage, are you in New York for long before the trip back?

Captain Bates was on in January and he was terrific--great noon time announcements and a very friendly person. Just a good guy IMHO. Our cruise docs had said that Captain Perkins was on for our cruise but they were incorrect.

Captain Bates is a most entertaining and convivial host. I'm sure you'll enjoy his noon announcements, lavishly peppered with quotes from his friend, the Admirable P.O. O'Shaughnessy. He has published a collection of nautical expressions and other stories, entitled "With a Pinch of Salt", available in the Library on QM2--I purchased my (signed) copy on board in January, and it brings a smile each time I pick it up as I remember his lovely accent and very dry wit.

A real charmer!

After the EB Tandem crossing I went thrugh the Med w/ WB TA on HAL. The dutch captain was pretty funny. He could not say Jason ( the cruise director) or gastrointestinal (the part of the body affected by the noro virus).

Denise

I don't know about the largest Capn', but I have been single-handedly responsible for the some of the smallest. Every time I join or initiate a rollcall, everyone else legs it!!!

Is there something I'm not being told?

J

LOL, I know the feeling. I seem to be the kiss of death whenever I join a thread on any website! I'm ok on facebook only because my sister & family chat to me!!!:confused:

Sharon

Archived