Best way to get from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral??

dixie54

For my last three cruises out of PC I've rented with Avis at Orlando airport and drove one way...dropped the car at their facility just past the cruise terminal and rode back to the port on their free shuttle that runs every 30-40 minutes or so. They'll also pick you up when arrive back in port and then you can rent one of their cars and drive back to the airport. I have familiy in the area and sometimes use the car to take a couple side trips to and from the airport, thus the car works better than a shuttle for me. Hope this helps.

Are you staying for any length of time prior to the cruise? If yes, I recommend renting a car from Hertz and staying at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. The Hertz in Cape Canaveral is on the same property, so you can leave the car there and take the shuttle over to the port.

I rent Budget, it's costing me about $42 from MCO to the CC5 office on Astronaut Blvd. They have a regular shuttle to the pier, they're open on Sunday. Some of the other rental car agencies aren't open on Sunday. I've had very good luck with Budget. YMMV.

Rent a car, it's so easy. Plus it's nice to drive around if you are arriving the day before, we really enjoyed having a car. Drop off and the free shuttle to the port is nice and easy.

Also do a search for some online coupon codes for rental cars, we got a pretty good deal on a car.

About how much was the Limo and what was their name ? How much for the on way rental car with Avis and Budget?

Has anyone used the Rccl Shuttle? Did you have to wait a long time?

We are actually staying for a week in a timeshare in Orlando prior to going to Port Canavaral. We will be renting a car for the first week and returning it to the airport. We thought about driving it to the port and dropping it off. It was quite expensive.

Do whatever you can do to avoid taking the RCI transfer bus. That's what we did on Feb 13, and consequently missed most of our first day on ship. It was nearly 3 hours after we arrived in Orlando before the bus finally left for Port Canaveral, although the signs said 30 minutes to an hour. We got on board right as they were starting the muster drill. So, even if it's 'included' when RCI books your travel, it really sucks and I'd advise you to take a taxi, rent a car, hitch a ride, or something other than the RCI transfer.

No flames...just a statement of fact.

Ditto on the shuttle from RCCL. And Arts Shuttle has been taken over by another owner since 6/08. The old ones tried scamming many customers with their Credit Cards after they were taken over. The new owners did everything they could to help with phone #s of old owners. I'd say try the new ones as they were very helpful when they could have just said "sorry".

Go to the Ports of Call on these Boards and go under The United States, the chose Florida Destinations, the go to the Post that says, I work in Port Canaveral by psbcap. Go to post 5511 the post is by snelsonbrown on page 276 This post has all the information you will need about Port Canaveral. I found this to be a great site...

Another suggeston: use a search engine to search "Orlando International Airport Transportation Port Canaveral". There are so many ways to get there, but use CC to pick the best. Mears in my experience is always reliable. I do not rent cars in Orlando so others have better information. I do know that when you drive out of the airport, the directions to Port Canaveral are right there and hard to miss. If you look at a map, it is a fairly straight run.

we used a limo/town car service and it was great! There are a few I have heard of happy limo, florida tours, if you go to www.disboards.com and look under transportation there are tons of info there. Our first cruise out of Port Canaveral we used the ships shuttle. It was wait here, line up here, wait again, then stop a bunch of times to let people off, pick more up etc.. the next cruise we hired a town car service from happy limo. Someone was waiting at the airport for us with our name on a sign and they helped us with luggage and they even allow you a 30 min grocery stop if you want to stock up on snacks/soda/beer etc. we were going to a disney hotel for 4 nights and arranged for them to pick us up at a time we wanted and they took us to the ship then we arranged for pick up at the ship at the end of the cruise and back to airport. They have prices posted online based on where you are going. There was 5 of us, so we booked a Ford Excursion to transport us and it was cheaper than what it would have cost us to take the cruiselines shuttle (bus). The price is always per car, not per person. They have towncars which may hold 3-4 people all they way up to stretch limos..

• 4 years later...

DO NOT USE Travel Orlando. Refused to provide a refund, despite following their cancellation procedure (we were trying to cancel the return leg of a round-trip from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral).

Gave me the run around and lied to my credit card company. I'm out $75.

Charge a 20% gratuity without telling you.

They had 20 people wait on their bus at the Airport for 45 minutes while they attempted to fill the last 2 seats on the (run down) bus.

They also have an "F" rating from the BBB.

DO NOT USE Travel Orlando. Refused to provide a refund, despite following their cancellation procedure (we were trying to cancel the return leg of a round-trip from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral).

Gave me the run around and lied to my credit card company. I'm out $75.

Charge a 20% gratuity without telling you.

They had 20 people wait on their bus at the Airport for 45 minutes while they attempted to fill the last 2 seats on the (run down) bus.

They also have an "F" rating from the BBB.

SPAM SPAM SPAM

joined in Jul 2013 and the only posts are the same thing over and over.

Hey "trucker Dave"

Chill out.

It's not SPAM - does it look like I am trying to sell something?

No I am trying to protect people from using Travel Orlando - and getting ripped off like I did.

So wherever a thread talks about transport to Port Canaveral - or mentions Travel Orlando - I added my experience.

Do you have nothing better to do?

Hey "trucker Dave"

Chill out.

It's not SPAM - does it look like I am trying to sell something?

No I am trying to protect people from using Travel Orlando - and getting ripped off like I did.

So wherever a thread talks about transport to Port Canaveral - or mentions Travel Orlando - I added my experience.

Do you have nothing better to do?

You have six posts total (counting this one as I type this) and they are all the exact same thing. You went back and dug up threads that are years old. It looks like you joined this board, not to join the conversation but to simply trash one company. Had you started a new thread in this section and posted your story ONCE fine. But, doing the ole copy and paste over and over comes across as nothing but a troll with an ax to grind.

You have six posts total (counting this one as I type this) and they are all the exact same thing. You went back and dug up threads that are years old. It looks like you joined this board, not to join the conversation but to simply trash one company. Had you started a new thread in this section and posted your story ONCE fine. But, doing the ole copy and paste over and over comes across as nothing but a troll with an ax to grind.

Sorry "Policeman Dave" had I known my trying to help people would have offended your sensibilities I would never have posted. And Trolls are the ones who do what you did, not what I did...so chill out.

Archived