Shadow Alaska 8/18, Just Booked!

avalon1025

I couldn't resist the low single supplement and the great fare! 7 days southbound Alaska...anyone been? I noticed a strange port Wrangell, from midnight to 8PM, is this a jumping off point for extensive shorex? I wonder why the ship is there so long?

Anyway, was able to get my same cabin from this past December...like going home!

We were on Silver Shadow last July and visited Wrangell. It's a very small and non-touristy town, and is the jumping off point for the shore excursion to the bear observatory. Try to get on that excursion or else you'll be at a loss for much to do. (We did the rain forest walk which was lovely but involved walking perhaps 500 feet into the forest and that was it. Not exactly communing with nature.)

There is a fairly interesting museum in Wrangell which focuses on the region and its history. It will take you 30 minutes to go through and is probably worth the visit if you have time which I suspect you will.

Enjoy your cruise; we did!

Archived