canceling cruise air X posted on Carnival board

stargazer78

Ok I have booked and paid for The Carnival Freedom 5/31 sailing including "flyaweigh". Carnival charged $439/pp for the air/shuttle and I can book my own flights through priceline for $224/pp. I booked through a local travel agent and have decided that I want to cancel the air portion of my cruise and book on my own, flying in a day early. Can the TA cancel just the "flyaweigh" without canceling the whole cruise and rebooking? Also I declined Carnival's travel ins. and purchased Travelguard ins. will they still cover my flights if I do this? Doing this I would save enough to pay for the one night hotel and my excursions.

Ok I have booked and paid for The Carnival Freedom 5/31 sailing including "flyaweigh". Carnival charged $439/pp for the air/shuttle and I can book my own flights through priceline for $224/pp. I booked through a local travel agent and have decided that I want to cancel the air portion of my cruise and book on my own, flying in a day early. Can the TA cancel just the "flyaweigh" without canceling the whole cruise and rebooking? Also I declined Carnival's travel ins. and purchased Travelguard ins. will they still cover my flights if I do this? Doing this I would save enough to pay for the one night hotel and my excursions.

Your best bet is to call your TA. It would all depend upon when your cruise is (how close to sailing and what penalties there might be), whether your agent charges a fee, whether it would change the price/deal you got from Carnival.

Nobody here can give you the correct information.

The Carnival Freedom May 31 cruise is a 6 day cruise with a final payment due at 75 days prior to departure. That will be mid-April. You can make changes prior to that without any penalty from Carnival, although some TA's charge fees for changing the booking in any way. Check with your TA to see if their charges (if any) make booking your own air a good deal or not.

Separate insurance will still cover your air costs, presuming your policy value is high enough (includes the cost of the air and cruise, and perhaps your hotel as well).

The Carnival Freedom May 31 cruise is a 6 day cruise with a final payment due at 75 days prior to departure. That will be mid-April. You can make changes prior to that without any penalty from Carnival, although some TA's charge fees for changing the booking in any way. Check with your TA to see if their charges (if any) make booking your own air a good deal or not.

Separate insurance will still cover your air costs, presuming your policy value is high enough (includes the cost of the air and cruise, and perhaps your hotel as well).

Actually, May 31 less 75 days is March 17 ... so, I would sugget the OP pursue this as quickly as possible so as to avoid any penalties.

Archived