Electiric Scooters

Has any one rented an electric scooter for use on board? If so from who, how much and how did it work? We are leaving on the Jewell in 3 weeks and my wife’s broken ankle in not healing as fast as we hoped.

Thanks for any info

My brother who has MS always brings his own scooter on board. The cruise lines do not rent them. Their are companies that you can rent a scooter from. They will drop it off at the ship and pick it up after the cruise. So you need to do some investigative work on your end and find a rental company that will service the port that you leave from. So that means the yellow pages for whatever city you are departing from. Maybe Royal Caribbean might be able to refer you to a local company.

We are renting a scooter for my Dad for our 4/4 Liberty cruise. I called my TA and she arranged it. The name of the company is Special Needs at Sea. Here is their info:

Special Needs Group.

2860 W State Road 84, Suite 107, Dania Beach, FL 33312

Phone (954)585-0575 | Toll Free (800)513-4515

Fax (954)585-0577 | Toll Free (800)513-4516

email: info@specialneedsgroup.com

They also have a website but I don't seem to have the address. I am sure if you google search it will come up.

They had several diffrent models to choose from.. They drop off in and pick up to your asigned cabn. The cost we were quoated for the week including tax was $226. I know it will make it alot easier for m y Dad to get around. Hope this info helps.

On our Grandeur cruise this past Nov. there was an electric chair left outside of the cabin whenever the cruiser was inside because it wouldn't fit through the door. This made passage through the hallway a little difficult. There also was a young man in one who would yell at people in front of him to get out of his way, and if people didn't move he would run into the backs of their legs, even if there was no place to go. Polite?...........NOT!

Most of the electric chair users were very polite. Hope you have a cabin that will be able to handle a chair.

Archived