How do you carry stuff around?

Hellolost

I am curious about how you carry stuff around on a cruise. I don't want to carry my purse with me on the boat but I understand you need your key card with you in order to get in the room and I am a smoker so I would like to carry my smokes and lighter lol

Do I always have to have pockets? Do I carry a purse? Is a fanny pack tacky?

Just another random thing I keep thinking about.

Some people wear theirs under their shirt on a lanyard, some wear them out in the open on a lanyard, some have small purses, some use pockets. Don't see many fanny packs except on excursions.

I usually put mine in a pocket, or in DH's pocket!

:)

I have a small "wallet" with a zipper across the top and 2 compartments for S&S card and cash. For going ashore, I use a very nice money belt worn under my shirt. My passport, card and cash go in there.

My friend who smokes has a really nice cigarette case, leather, with a zipper top that holds her cigs.... She slides her card and a few $$ in there.

You can have your card punched at the pursor's deask, then put it on a lanyard (or buy one on the ship). some bartenders might have a lighter, but the cigs are still up to you. You can just carry them in your hand, but if your on an upper deck outside, they might blow away on a sea day. I see a lot of cheap mesh bags that people carry, you can fit a book in there, along with sunscreen, towel, etc.

When I go off the ship I carry a med. size lightweight backpack. Usually what I buy is locally made jewelery and such. It easily fits in the backpack.

While onbaord I have a leather card holder on a rope that goes around my neck. It is no larger or wider then your hand. Its perfect for on the ship. It is easy to find purses/bags that hold not more than a wallet or pack of cigs, a little cash and your sea pass card. They have strings long enough that you are able to criss cross it and carry them under the arm at your side. I just got my SIL one at the dollar store for her 1st cruise in May.

Get a small purse and carry it! I mean, in a hotel, you carry one, don't you? Same thing here!

I need my comb, lipstick, tissues,....unless you want to look like you're at a convention with a lanyard, just get a teeny bag and carry it. It's not a big deal!

I carry my small cross-body Coach purse. It is just big enough for my necessities, don't have to worry about setting it down and forgetting it. When I'm on vacation anywhere it's what I use. Many brands have this style, it doesn't have to be expensive, but sure comes in handy.

I don't enjoy carrying anything by hand around the ship. I have a very small pouch that will hold a pack of cigs, lighter, comb. It goes around my neck so I don't have to worry about losing anything.

I also use a lanyard for my cruise card. This works out when I go to the pool because the card is waterproof. For the pool I also use a beach tote so I can throw in my pouch, a book, and anything else I might think of.

I have a lightweight backpack thing. I guess its a backpack, it has a rope that draws it tight. I think I got it at Target. I used it at WDW. I'll carry it with me on the cruise...I need something for a book, sea pass, lipstick, etc. It carries alot of stuff. Like I said, it's very lightweight and you don't have to "hold" it when you start walking around the ship. Little pockets inside and outside. Very nice.

We went to walmart and got those plastic ID holders that are on the ends of lanyards and then we got a package of those curly stretchy wristbands and put the ID holders on the wristband and put our Sign and Sail card, Soda card, Drink special card, and drivers license and we took that with us everywhere and when we were on the boat we really didn't need anything else, no purses or anything, and then off the boat we took a tote bag and took off the wristband and put it in the bag until we had to board. They came in really helpful.

On the ship, I carry my S&S card in my pocket or if I'm going to the pool in the pocket of a small lightweight mesh pool bag that I have.

On land, I either carry a backpack or my snorkel bag with my stuff in it. If I'm snorkeling, I stick valuables and my id in a water pack.

I'd be lost without my cargo pants! I have both long pants and capris, all with extra pockets on the legs. You'd be surprised how much you can carry!

Same here, I wear them when travelling to the ship, on excursions, anytime I need pockets. My IDs, cash, and camera are always handy. I do carry a lightweight totebag on excursions, tho.

If its a sea day and I'm going to the pool, I carry a small backpack/beach bag with my stuff. Other than that I use my pockets in the evenings or if I don't have pockets, I carry my SeaPass and Camera. I don't carry lipstick or other makeup. I live in FL so wearing a fanny pack screams "tourist" and IMO I think its tacky looking. Others would disagree with me, that's fine.

I only carry around my seapass (in my pocket) and my sunglasses (on my head). If I don't have pockets, DH always does! Anything else I need, I will either carry (towel to pool) or just return to the cabin. It really is not that far of a walk, and is a great way to burn off that extra dessert I know I will order at dinner.

For going out on Islands, DH and I carry backpacks. If we are just shopping, I carry only a small amount of cash (on several places on my person), and my seapass. DH carries a wallet with credit cards in a ZIPPERED pocket.

I am usually in charge of carrying my BF's cigarettes and lighter, along with our cards and stuff, so I carry a "wristlet" sized purse. It has a strap that you can put on your wrist, so it's not too annoying. If we're spending the day at the pool, we have a pool bag that we throw our books/sunscreen in with the wristlet, and a bigger "excursion" bag. My BF and I always know that our seapass cards and cash (and his smokes!) are going to be in the wristlet, so it's convenient for both of us.

I'm going to use a small cross body purse. I was reading on another site, that it could be dangerous to use a backpack because you may not feel it if someone helps themselves to something inside it.

Archived