Sun AF vs. AE for family of 4

riggins

Hi guys-

I'm checking out a cruise on the Sun for my family of 4 - me, DH, and DDs age 6 and 7. The AF and AE are similarly priced. What's the difference between the two room types? Also, does anyone know how the quad sleeping is set up (double sofa, upper berth over bed/sofa)?

Thanks

Leslie

When I look at the deck plans, the AEs are all the way aft and are generally shaped like fat rectangles. The AFs are odd-shaped and look like like they fit together like puzzle pieces. Given how different they look on the plan, I'm thinking they must be laid out differently, despite the common picture NCL has on their website. Has anyone stayed in either of these categories?

Thanks again!

Leslie

My daughters had an AF on the Sun (adjoining our AA in the front of the ship, they were the first one on the side). It really is a wonderfully laid out cabin, with a large bath/dressing area. It didn't seem at all shaped like the "puzzle" piece it appears to be on the map, just a rectangle. I am not sure how many people the cabin could sleep, but there was no pullman, only a sofabed - which we never pulled out as we didn't need it. It was definitely larger than the balcony cabin they had on the Pearl, but I couldn't tell you the exact size. I definitely remember the dressing area and bath - it was set up so well - with a door between the bath/toilet area and the sink area, and the closet that opened to a dressing area adjacent to the sink area.

Hope this helps!

Robin

My daughters had an AF on the Sun (adjoining our AA in the front of the ship, they were the first one on the side). It really is a wonderfully laid out cabin, with a large bath/dressing area. It didn't seem at all shaped like the "puzzle" piece it appears to be on the map, just a rectangle. I am not sure how many people the cabin could sleep, but there was no pullman, only a sofabed - which we never pulled out as we didn't need it. It was definitely larger than the balcony cabin they had on the Pearl, but I couldn't tell you the exact size. I definitely remember the dressing area and bath - it was set up so well - with a door between the bath/toilet area and the sink area, and the closet that opened to a dressing area adjacent to the sink area.

Hope this helps!

Robin

The AEs at the very front of the ship are larger than the norm for AE's on the Sun. Their layout is also a bit different given their location, but I agree that they aren't the jigsaw that you see on the diagrams. We sleep four in 1201 very, very comfortably. The sofa bed is a large double. It really needs a foam mattress on top, however, to be bearable. We rebooked to Alaska again this year and chose the Sun simply to get this exact cabin again.

We stayed in 0067, aft, which is designated as an "AE" on the NCL website, and it was really big for a minisuite. Here's a link to some photos of it.

We are booked in this same cabin (0067) for a cruise next month. Thanks for sharing your pictures - it is fun to get a 'sneak peek' before we go!

Archived