Anyone ever packed a small fan to use while sleeping?

susique333

Great idea...now let's see..... Fan...check, CPAP.... check, extension cords...check, power surge cord....check, hair dryer....check, curling iron....check, lap top to store photos from digital camera....check, anything else electric I'm missing? Gonna have to have one big suitcase!

I thought I was the only person that needed a fan. I don't leave home without it. My husband is constantly cold and I'm hot all the time, even in below zero weather. I'm glad I found some of my own people.

Thinking about the fan idea! Can you control your own cabin temperature or not? We'll have 4 people in the same cabin and if you can't conrol the temp, I would think it might get pretty warm overnight!??

forgot mine last year but was lucky we flew into Miami a day early so I was able to buy one. 3 years ago the air conditioner broke on the Destiny....thank God for the fan......they gave everyone 1/2 off their next cruise........but my family had about 3 to 4 fans.....we always travel with the small ones........even to hotels because my wife likes it warm I like it cool.....so that way she can turn it up a little or off and I have my fan.....

WOW what great replies!! Now that I see how normal sleeping with a fan is...Im going to admit I like the fan noise too, hubby says his nose gets stuffy if the air isnt moving! Our cabin is 6450 right above the lounge I think so the noise will help. Thank you everyone!!

We brought our fan on the conquest and I'm so glad we did. Our room was rather warm. (Lido deck in june...not sure if that's the reason or not) Anyway, DH, (an eagle scout...you know always prepared) tie wrapped it to the vent on the ceiling and so it would blow what cool air we had down on us. It worked great! I would post a pic but it's almost 1 am here and I'm just too tired to mess with it. LOL

Okay, you win. I am going to have to have my husband do this. What size fan was it? Having what little cool air blow down on us would be great.

Great idea...now let's see..... Fan...check, CPAP.... check, extension cords...check, power surge cord....check, hair dryer....check, curling iron....check, lap top to store photos from digital camera....check, anything else electric I'm missing? Gonna have to have one big suitcase!

Don't forget your Magic Bullet!!!!!!!

I always buy a small fan at Walmart at the end of summer, take it on the cruise, for noise and air, and then leave it with the cabin steward. It just isn't cool enough for me in the cabins, especially after I've been in the sun!!

It was even warm in the dining room and in the theatres!!

Jane

My hubby is addicted to having a fan blowing on him all night long.:rolleyes: Any restrictions to bringing a clip on portable fan for the bed? Thanks in advance!

I take one exactly like this one on every cruise along with a power strip and extension cord:

http://www.amazon.com/1078-Outdoor-Battery-AC-Powered-Portable/dp/B000I4L16A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1237240678&sr=8-4

I like this one because it is flat but full sized and packs easily between layers of clothes in my suitcase.

Weird ? about those O2 Cool fans...is the hum loud enough? LOL I was about to order one and it said they're super quiet. Which is the majority of the reason DH uses one. Anyone?

I just read gobs a reviews on this O2Cool fan and found this one that complained it was loud. Perfect!

stars-2-0._V47081858_.gif March 24, 2008

The little fan moved a lot of air for it's thin size. However, it was pretty loud. It didn't want to stay upright unless you had it set to the middle position.

I just read gobs a reviews on this O2Cool fan and found this one that complained it was loud. Perfect!

stars-2-0._V47081858_.gif March 24, 2008

The little fan moved a lot of air for it's thin size. However, it was pretty loud. It didn't want to stay upright unless you had it set to the middle position.

Got ours today in the mail, it's PERfect. Just FYI, ;).

Archived