Z Category

Mrs.Right

The "Z" (TBD) category is similar to an Inside GTY. There's strictly a marketing distinction between the GTY and TBD, as both are luck-of-the-draw assignments. The "Z" is the lowest you can go and you should be entitled to a price adjustment if you switch from an Inside GTY to a "Z". When I spoke with an agent yesterday, she explained that the "Z"s would likely end up in a fore, lower inside and a GTY *may* get a higher deck inside. I gambled and changed my assigned inside for a "Z" for my upcoming cruise; and took the balance as a refund on my credit card. I'll be curious to see what my cabin assignment will be...

Well, I looked at the website again today thinking I might just go for it but the Z category was all sold out :(

BUT

there was a resident rate for the kind of cabin we already had booked that resulted in a $400 refund :D :D :D :D

Yipee skippy Yeah!

Barbara

I booked a Z category on the Infinity which leaves in a couple of weeks at a good rate about two weeks ago. Was really happy when I saw they took me out of Z and assigned me an OV.

Then, on Friday I saw the priced dropped and instructed my TA to get me a refund for the $300 price drop. Guess what, checked my reservation and now I am back in a Z:(.

Please don't flame me, I understand Celebrity needs to try and sell the OV's for more money, just disappointed that they took away my OV.

Happy cruising everyone.

Nancy

Well, I looked at the website again today thinking I might just go for it but the Z category was all sold out :(

BUT

there was a resident rate for the kind of cabin we already had booked that resulted in a $400 refund :D :D :D :D

Yipee skippy Yeah!

Barbara

Barbara that's a nice refund!! Congrats!!

Laura

I booked a Z category on the Infinity which leaves in a couple of weeks at a good rate about two weeks ago. Was really happy when I saw they took me out of Z and assigned me an OV.

Then, on Friday I saw the priced dropped and instructed my TA to get me a refund for the $300 price drop. Guess what, checked my reservation and now I am back in a Z:(.

Please don't flame me, I understand Celebrity needs to try and sell the OV's for more money, just disappointed that they took away my OV.

Happy cruising everyone.

Nancy

When the assigned you to a cabin, you were no longer a Z gty. When you asked for the $300 price drop for the Z gty, you TA has to put you back into a Z gty.

Good Luck

...instructed my TA to get me a refund for the $300 price drop. Guess what, checked my reservation and now I am back in a Z.

That's unfortunately the nature of this particular gamble: Take the money and get thrown back into the "luck of the draw" pool. I wish you a bit o'the luck of the Irish this week ;)

Too bad about the OV they had assigned you first time around, I hope your luck holds. When every penny counts, $300 makes a difference... at worst, you'll be right back where you expected to be (in an inside cabin for a much anticipated cruise), with extra $$ in your pocket!

Nancy,

As it turns out, I exchanged 12 of one for a dozen of the other... with extra dollars in my pocket :D

I checked my Celebrity online account this morning and my "Z" cabin assignment was already there: Cat. 12 inside, midship on the Continental deck - pretty decent for an inside.

Should you also be assigned an inside cabin, instead of an OV, don't feel too bad - you'll have more money to spend doing things, or a martini or two :p

Archived