Height of Pacific Jewel??

I just had a thought about the new ship cruising from Brisbane - the pacific jewel - will it fit under the gateway bridge? Isn't it taller than the pacific sun?

Rach

Without checking the specifications of each ship, I would say that the Pacific Jewel would be about the same height as her sisters, Pacific Dawn and Sun Princess. They both fit under the Gateway Bridge. :):)

Evon.

I just had a thought about the new ship cruising from Brisbane - the pacific jewel - will it fit under the gateway bridge? Isn't it taller than the pacific sun?

Rach

i dont now the how high it is, but its the same as the pacific dawn and the dawn is berthing at port side on the 02/06/09 so i would say they fit under the gateway

Probably because there is. It only sails once (obviously) buy you have a choice of

Brisbane-Sydney

Brisbane-Melbourne

Brisbane-Adelaide

Brisbane-Fremantle

Yep, it is taller than Pacific Sun - and yep, it will fit under the Gateway Bridge. It;s the same height as Pacific Dawn, and as thied says that's berthing at Portside on the 2nd of June.

I think the Gateway Bridge has a greater clearance than the Sydney Harbour Bridge - Pacific Dawn has a hydraulic mast which has to be lowered to get under the harbour bridge - I guess Jewel will have the same thing, but it might not need to lower it to clear the Gateway.

Yep, it is taller than Pacific Sun - and yep, it will fit under the Gateway Bridge. It;s the same height as Pacific Dawn, and as thied says that's berthing at Portside on the 2nd of June.

I think the Gateway Bridge has a greater clearance than the Sydney Harbour Bridge - Pacific Dawn has a hydraulic mast which has to be lowered to get under the harbour bridge - I guess Jewel will have the same thing, but it might not need to lower it to clear the Gateway.

Yes, but the mast can't be lowered at sea.... So on our cruise in September, it wasn't raised until we got to Suva, and was lowered in Noumea, our last port, so for the first 3 1/2 days and last 2 days of the cruise, the ship was shorter :) (height wise)

Probably because there is. It only sails once (obviously) buy you have a choice of

Brisbane-Sydney

Brisbane-Melbourne

Brisbane-Adelaide

Brisbane-Fremantle

So does that mean we can count our Brisbane - Fremantle cruise as 4 cruises??? :D

Brisbane-Sydney

Brisbane-Melbourne

Brisbane-Adelaide

Brisbane-Fremantle

silly way to advertise it be even more silly to some one that is new to P&O 5 Dec

2009 N939A

Southern Scenes 4 From: Brisbane, Australia

To: Australia/New Zealand Pacific Sun shortlist.gifbook-now.gif5 Dec

2009 N939B

Southern Scenes 6 From: Brisbane, Australia

2009 N939C

Southern Scenes 11 From: Brisbane, Australia

2009 N939N

Southern Scenes 2 From: Brisbane, Australia

To: Australia/New Zealand Pacific Sun

So does that mean we can count our Brisbane - Fremantle cruise as 4 cruises??? :D

If you have to disembark at each of those ports and get a new cruise card for the next leg, then it would be four cruises. :D:D:D

Cheers,

Evon.

i still think it is very confusing how they advertise it on P&O as they dont its all one cruise, up front and also the cruise is only from brisbane to fremantle, why have mention anything to do zealand.

while we are talking about the pacific jewel may be some can give us the heads up in why the pacific jewel in booked to dock at portside on the 09/12/09 from 6am to 2pm and again on the 12/12/09 6am to 2pm this is as we all are told is the first cruise for her out of brisbane and on the P&O site ?

Most likely the first booking (9/12/09) is their best guess as to when it will arrive from Singapore dry dock.

Then there'll probably be a short cruise out into the bay for a day or two to make sure everythings working properly and possibly to show the TA's and dignitaries around, and then on the 12th she'll be off on her first cruise.

They might fit a naming ceremony in there somewhere as well.

Most likely the first booking (9/12/09) is their best guess as to when it will arrive from Singapore dry dock.

Then there'll probably be a short cruise out into the bay for a day or two to make sure everythings working properly and possibly to show the TA's and dignitaries around, and then on the 12th she'll be off on her first cruise.

They might fit a naming ceremony in there somewhere as well.

yes could be right sounds like a good thing to do, there should a few people dockside on the 9th

Archived