Bon Voyage Cake

akwaaba

Hi,

Anyone tasted Carnival's bon voyage cake, is it any good; I was thinking of gifting the 6" chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, for $7.95?

I'm also looking at Chocolate Delight for $12.50 which has 4 chocolate dip strawberries with assorted chocolate clusters.

Thanks

Sheila

On last year's cruise on the Legend, I got a small chocolate cake, a fruit, wine and cheese basket and a long sleeper teeshirt for my wife, all were delivered to our cabin before we arrived, which made for a nice surprise for my wife. The cake wasn't the best I've ever had but it was good, the right size (fit in the fridge) and we enjoyed it.

Some tablemates had an anniversary cake on our last night on Fascination. Took forever for them to serve it, it was huge, the man ended up walking around to the remaining tables trying to give away slices.

Not very good, but I'm not a cake person. I much, much, much prefer the "usual" desserts in the dining room. I'd never pay for one of those cakes.

I'd rather someone bought me a celebratory glass of wine or champagne or something tasty than dull, dry cake. ;)

We've had the cake - and I think it's great! It's better than the free cake and worth the $8 because it is large. We've had it several times. The chocolate and the white. I personally prefer chocolate. My son loves it too and asks for one even though it's never his birthday when we cruise.

Ive had the cake twice so far for my birthdays

it was ok

but no one wanted it really , because of the other desserts that are available , like the warm chocolate melting cake :D

Always have cake left over ... ended up getting tossed on one of the cruises , cause I had 2 cakes ordered for me , from different people :eek:

Now thos Chocolate covered strawberries are delicious

I will have to say.

I ordered a plate of them for each cabin that sailed with me last year

and two plates for my own cabin...;) mind you , my daughter ate every last one of my strawberries....

so they are good ,take my word.

they are also offered cheaper priced in the specialty coffee shop ...

shhh...mommy's secret:cool:

And if you get a chance to try the cookies ...

another delicious treat !!

I always seem to splurge for my birthdays:D

But we always enjoy them .

How about the Vanilla cake with strawberry filling. I was thinking about ordering that one for my mother as a surprise on Embarkation. I would just order the small one for her, her friend, my husband and myself. What was the filling like?

We had the choc. covered strawb. last cruies it was a great tray, all of the treats were good, dont know what the others were, but they were good, well worth, I was also thinking about trying the cakes this trip, maybe I will not. I got one of the bags with 4 beers and a cap and cup, that was great, we had beer in our room when we got there, just a tad in the fridge and it was ready, then used the bag for beer on excursions and the cap hubby loves. Have a great cruise

How about the Vanilla cake with strawberry filling. I was thinking about ordering that one for my mother as a surprise on Embarkation. I would just order the small one for her, her friend, my husband and myself. What was the filling like?

My group have had both. I really loved the vanilla cake it is similiar to a strawberry shortcake. The moouse(sp) in the chocolate cake is good also.

I ordered the cake for our honeymoon and it was nice having them bring it to you and sing, but we never ate it because we always wanted the dining room desserts. We ended up tossing it. We did get the chocolate delight try delivered on one of the nights as well and it was yummy. We just snacked on it throughout the next day.

But again, it was nice having them bring the cake out and sing to you.

We had the chocolate cake delivered to our stateroom and we enjoyed every bite! :D I have been cooking/baking for years, and I thought the cake was great. I would order one again in a heartbeat. We have also had good luck with the flower arrangements too! Here are pictures, if I can get them to post!

DSC01990.jpg.4ca46ff4dbe2bf9e29de401527d9076b.jpg

DSC01992.jpg.e7105a2814c10467f52b3c3616fac181.jpg

Can you have something special written on them or are the cakes premade with verbage on them? Is the small cake too small or just right for the four of us to enjoy on embarkation day? Wouldn't dream of ruining dessert in the dining room. My favorite is the Creme Brulee!!!!!!!

Can you have something special written on them or are the cakes premade with verbage on them? Is the small cake too small or just right for the four of us to enjoy on embarkation day? Wouldn't dream of ruining dessert in the dining room. My favorite is the Creme Brulee!!!!!!!

I do not know if they can personalize it with something else on it or not....but the small size would be a great size for 4 people to enjoy when you arrive to your room and need a bit of a sugary refreshment before sail away and lifeboat drills! IMO ;)

The strawberry filling isn't fresh strawberries, or strawberry jam. Instead, it's more like a stawberry-flavored whipped cream. I thought it was good, but when I ordered it I was expecting something more like a jam, so it took me a few bites to adjust :)

Exactly.

I prefer the chocolate one,it is pretty good!

How can you get it delivered to your stateroom instead of served in the dining room?

When you order it, ( I ordered mine online before we left) tell them where and when (what day) you want it! :) They will bring it to your room with plates and silverware.

When you order it, ( I ordered mine online before we left) tell them where and when (what day) you want it! :) They will bring it to your room with plates and silverware.

If I didn't specify, what is the default? i just said night one.

Archived