Skagway - Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

luvmex

Hi,

We have signed up for GPWS for our June cruise. The "Search this Forum" tool on CC helped us make our decision as we found many pictures and comments about the excursion. We decided to save Chilkoot for our next trip.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone takin this tour? I am trying to decide between this one and the chilkoot train/bus/puppy camp:)

We did Chilkoot Charter's 7-hour rail/bus excursion to the Yukon in 2007, and it was my favorite excursion. We'll return to Skagway in May, and I booked the 9-hour rail/bus excursion to Carcross - also with Chilkoot Charters.

Has anyone done both a glacier trek by Above and beyond and GPWS? Will doing both be redundant? (both glacier excursions?)

On the glacier trek - you hike to and on the glacier. For the GPWS, you take a boat ride from Skagway to Haines, then bus/hike/canoe to the glacier. I haven't done either, but I know they are different enough that doing both wouldn't be redundant - just expensive! :)

My husband and I are interested in this also. Who did you book this through? We are cruising with Celebrity in early June. Did you book with your cruiseline?

Thanks for the info and the photos are wonderful!

Terri

Archived