Getting between London Victoria Station to Paddington Station

mishoe1

I may have the opportunity to spend a day in London but I come into Gatwick and then need to get to Heathrow. I figure I'll do the Gatwick Express into the city, get myself to Paddington to store my luggage before heading into the city. I would then take the Heathrow Express back out.

Is a cab the best way to go? About how long would it take & about how much would it cost?

TIA!

Left luggage at Paddington is £8/item for 24 hours. Though you could do it on the tube, black cab is probably easiest with bags. According to time of day and day of week, it should take about 15 -20 minutes and cost about £15. After that, do all your travelling on the tube.

Simon

I may have the opportunity to spend a day in London but I come into Gatwick and then need to get to Heathrow. I figure I'll do the Gatwick Express into the city, get myself to Paddington to store my luggage before heading into the city. I would then take the Heathrow Express back out.

Is a cab the best way to go? About how long would it take & about how much would it cost?

TIA!

Gatwick Express / Heathrow Express and Taxi is probbaly one of the best BUT probably the most expensive way of doing your itinerary.

Personally (as you say I, so one person, yes?) with similar levels of comfort but less price and one less transfer I'd simply get the Gatwick Express to Victoria, put your luggage in the left luggage office there and get the Dot 2 Dot Heathrow hotel shuttle bus to pick you up from The Grosvenor Hotel that is part of the Victoria station complex. Big downside of this is that you'd have to allow more time for the shuttle bus to Heathrow than from Paddington by train, but again you'd probably have saved this time anyway by not treking to Paddington then back into the centre where I assume you plan to spend the day.

If luggage is only one. simply take the London Underground from Victoria to Heathrow.

Gatwick Express / Heathrow Express and Taxi is probbaly one of the best BUT probably the most expensive way of doing your itinerary.

Personally (as you say I, so one person, yes?) with similar levels of comfort but less price and one less transfer I'd simply get the Gatwick Express to Victoria, put your luggage in the left luggage office there and get the Dot 2 Dot Heathrow hotel shuttle bus to pick you up from The Grosvenor Hotel that is part of the Victoria station complex. Big downside of this is that you'd have to allow more time for the shuttle bus to Heathrow than from Paddington by train, but again you'd probably have saved this time anyway by not treking to Paddington then back into the centre where I assume you plan to spend the day.

If luggage is only one. simply take the London Underground from Victoria to Heathrow.

It is just me - but not sure how much luggage I'll have. Will look into the Dot 2 Dot shuttle.

THANKS!

Not very user friendly! You can take the District line from Victoria to Hammersmith and change to the Piccadilly line (same platform) to Heathrow BUT there are stairs to negotiate and it all takes around an hour so personally I prefer the taxi to Paddington and Heathrow Express to LHR. More expensive but much nicer.

Archived