Small jug

squibs

Hi everyone, Is it at all possible to take a small electric jug on board, I drink gallons of tea especially on waking in the morning, and thought I could take teabags and some of those little uhd milks.:cool:

Technically no, they don't allow it. The tea/coffe machines in buffet are open 24 hours so you could run upstairs and get some, but that means getting dressed. Another option is bring a thermos and filling it at night before you go to bed. You can take teabags from the buffet to your room.

Technically no, they don't allow it. The tea/coffe machines in buffet are open 24 hours so you could run upstairs and get some, but that means getting dressed. Another option is bring a thermos and filling it at night before you go to bed. You can take teabags from the buffet to your room.

hi aussie, did you know that when you sail on the Rhapsody soon they have a kettle in the cabin but they dont have any coffee satchels so you may have to bring some from home or drink tea

rkmw

We have no problem taking our travel kettle on cruises. It has a cut-off switch and the element is enclosed beneath a metal disc. We use it all the time for early morning teas and coffees during the day. You can get fresh milk from the buffet and keep in in the fridge (we usually take along a screw top plastic beaker for this purpose). We also take our favourite teabags - the Liptons ones provided on most cruises are awful and we even take capuccino sachets :D I can't imagine drinking tea from a thermos in the morning :eek:

Some cruiselines have tea/coffee making equipment in the cabins so they are definitely allowed. Now travel irons are a different matter as they do not have a safety cut-off switch.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there, I suppose a thermos would be the next best thing, I wonder if it would stay hot enough:(:rolleyes:

There is trick to keep the water hot in a thermos. Fill it with hot water in the morning and leave it filled all day. Tip this out and refill will hot water before you go to bed. The water will stay much hotter if it goes into a thermos that is already hot. We use an all stainless steel one bought from a 'cheap shop' for around $14 for a 1 litre size. That amount makes four small cups of tea.:)

Evon.

Hi Squibs

I met a couple of cruisers on the Pacific Sun that had taken their own jug onboard and had no problems at all getting it on, but they did mention they were a little concerned about leaving it out on the bench when the room was cleaned, as they didnt want to get into trouble, so they used to hide it in the draw..:eek:

Archived