Help please- Safe Deposit Boxes

Room safes are not big enough for a normal laptop but should be for 2 regular 35mm cameras. We usually use them for docs, passports, money, credit cards, jewelry and occasionally the camera - they are sufficient for that. I think the purser's desk has larger safe deposit boxes, but don't quote me on that!

Ben

Couple of cameras...yes, if they're not too big. Laptop...no. I don't think they were any more than 6" high by maybe 10-12" long and 8" deep. I bet you could call RCL and they would give you the exact measurements.

The safes on the AOS were digital. You programmed the safe by entering a code and then used that code to unlock the safe.

I read that someone locked their laptop in their stowed luggage under the bed...sounded like a good option. icon_smile.gif Karen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 to get me on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA

Roll call AOS 6/06/04 click here

I doubt the safe deposit boxes will be large enough for your laptop. Your best bet would to buy a Targus (sp?) laptop lock. If you have the connect on your laptop, which most do, this cable attaches to that and then you use the provided steel cable and lock to secure it to the desk, chair, piece of furniture, etc.

Another option that we've used is to bring our hardsided suitecase and use a bike lock to secure it to the closet, bed, etc. That way the suitecase cannot be easily removed from the room and we secure are larger, bulkier valuables in it. Of course, you need to have a serious luggage lock for this to work. We've done it and never had a problem. Works great for my wife's purse, camera, etc.

KLC

UPCOMING CRUISES:

---------------------

MONARCH OF THE SEAS (04/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;16;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

PRIDE OF ???????-HAWAII (01/05)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;01;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

PREVIOUS CRUISES

-------------------------

RCI's Monarch of the Seas (01/04)

Star Princess (6/03)

RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas (4/01)

Carnival's Ecstasy (6/96)

RCI's Viking Serenade (1/94)

They clearly are not big enough for a laptop but I have never had a problem with security/stolen items onboard. We only put our passports, wallets and jewelry in the safes and have always left our digital camera, laptop and portable printer out and about in the cabin and have never had a problem. I know, I know, there is always a first time.

Mark

Archived