Canceling due to sick family or death in the family??

fightingokra

Mexico through my TA. I paid $146 for just me!

I hope its availabe for you all in the U.S. cause it saves so much money!!!!

I've called two of my credit cards so far and they don't offer any type of extra travel insurance.....

Jane

Well, I expected an intelligent answer or some advise since I have no prior experience with cruises. I also expected to get some backlash because we have some real losers in this world.

For the others who have offered their kind words and prayers, thank you. I spoke to my wife and she is bound and determined to go on this cruise no matter what. So, as of today, we will go on this cruise. I'm really not concerned one way or the other except that I wanted to be able to have the facts available to give to my wife when we discussed it.

She wants to go, so we will go. If she changes her mind then we won't go and I'll take some of the knowledge I have gained from this forum to attempt to get a credit on a future cruise with Carnival. If Carnival doesn't want to grant a credit if my wife does change her mind then I will harbor no bad feelings towards Carnival.

Life is full of risks. When you book a trip, you are taking a risk that you may have to forfeit deposits and such if you are forced to cancel. I'm not upset about it. Life goes on.

One more thing, my FIL is improving/improved over the weekend but has a long way to go.

Thanks again for your concern and prayers.

I really hope this all works out for you. I can only imagine how stressful this has been for all of your family. Maybe this is just the thing you and your wife need, time to be with each other and hopefully things at home will be better.

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I've called two of my credit cards so far and they don't offer any type of extra travel insurance.....

Jane

Ever considered a move to Canada??....lol

I tried to look on G**gle and could only see Canadian Banks / credit card companies that offer it! Hmmm..not sure why US banks wouldn't off it??? Its a shame

Well, I expected an intelligent answer or some advise since I have no prior experience with cruises. I also expected to get some backlash because we have some real losers in this world.

For the others who have offered their kind words and prayers, thank you. I spoke to my wife and she is bound and determined to go on this cruise no matter what. So, as of today, we will go on this cruise. I'm really not concerned one way or the other except that I wanted to be able to have the facts available to give to my wife when we discussed it.

She wants to go, so we will go. If she changes her mind then we won't go and I'll take some of the knowledge I have gained from this forum to attempt to get a credit on a future cruise with Carnival. If Carnival doesn't want to grant a credit if my wife does change her mind then I will harbor no bad feelings towards Carnival.

Life is full of risks. When you book a trip, you are taking a risk that you may have to forfeit deposits and such if you are forced to cancel. I'm not upset about it. Life goes on.

One more thing, my FIL is improving/improved over the weekend but has a long way to go.

Thanks again for your concern and prayers.

I did offer you some advise http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=18755937&postcount=27

but I also ended up getting into it another poster who offered you no advise that I was replying to. reply #26 which was a blanket statement.

Steve

Archived