Are day sails worth it?

sue27

Definitely do a day sail. We did Highpockets with Kathleen in April,09. Had originally booked with Jester, but checked my email on the ship the night before and Jim had an absessed tooth and had to go to the dentist. He called Kathleen and she had room for two more. She was wonderful. My DH did get seasick on the way out, but after laying on a beach for about an hour and eating lunch, he felt better on the way back. I had a little trouble getting into the dinghy due to knee problems, but I made it (did fall in the water getting from sailboat into dinghy at an island and it was not because of drink!!! Had a wonderful day and the lunch was delicious. I would highly recommend Kathleen.

We just booked our cruise for March 2010 with a stop at St. Thomas. We have never been on a sail boat before. Does it tend to cause more motion sickness than a catamoran would? I see many sail and snorkel companies and very few other types of crafts. Any info would be great.

We booked a 1/2 day. They pick you up right at the pier. If you can, take some cheerios from the buffet. Will help attract some more fish. Tell them Jon Stapel said can't wait until Oct.

Jon...

Which day sail did you book that actually picks you up at the dock?

We booked the Island Girl.

http://www.yachtadventures.biz

jnl - I am not prone to motion sickness, but I can tell you that it will depend on the wave height. When we did our sail in Sep 08, no one mentioned any sort of motion sickness.

Island Girl is the BEST!!! My husband and I have have sailed twice in 2009!!! A+++++++++!!!

We sailed with Rumbaba last September along with two other CC members . . . shout out to Lori and Paul ;) we had an amazing time I can't rave enough about Bobby and Karen. The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the snorkeling was delightful it was just awesome. If we have the opportunity to visit St. Thomas again for a land vaca (keeping my fingers crossed) we will more than likely hook up with them again!

Glad to hear you liked Rumbaba so much. We will be in St. Thomas in March 2010 on the Emerald Princess and feel so confused reading the different opinions everyone has about the various snorkeling tour companies available. Many good reviews about Island Girl, High Pockets, New Horizons as well as Rumbaba and Jolly Man. I guess the hardest decision for us is between a sailing/snorkel or catamaran/snorkel excursion. Also we want one that provides the most snorkel time over just sailing time. Any further input is certainly welcome. Thanks!! Brenda

Archived