Carnival valor/belize anyone?

Cruisin 3

Looking for some good tips from anyone who has been on the Valor. One of our ports of call is Belize. We don't want to go cave tubing, zip lining, cave exploring, snorkling, deep sea diving, or take any boring tours around the city. The Mayan ruins tours look ok but I'm afraid it will get boring after ten minutes. We really aren't that dull. We are just planning on doing that on other stops. A dolphin encounter would be cool. I guess there is one in Belize but getting info on it is like pulling teeth.

The Valor is a wonderful ship. As for Belize it is a beauitful port of call with great snorkeling/diving. However you mentioned you didn't want to take any of that up I would still give it a shot because the sea life in Belize is unexplainable. But when in Belize I would recomend going to Caye Caulker. It is a beauitful little island off of Belize with a great beach with good snorkeling and a great bar. The island was actually separted by a hurricane and it provides great snorkeling. But if you go there and relax on the beach it is truely a postcard destination.

Looking for some good tips from anyone who has been on the Valor. One of our ports of call is Belize. We don't want to go cave tubing, zip lining, cave exploring, snorkling, deep sea diving, or take any boring tours around the city. The Mayan ruins tours look ok but I'm afraid it will get boring after ten minutes. We really aren't that dull. We are just planning on doing that on other stops. A dolphin encounter would be cool. I guess there is one in Belize but getting info on it is like pulling teeth.

We went horseback riding through the jungle last summer. It was awesome. I pictures of it in my Legend review. The link's in my signature. :)

Well, I would consider revamping what you are doing and where. The place for a dolphin encounter, IMHO, is Cozumel - Chankanaab park. You can google them and book directly at a very reasonable rate compared to many quotes I have seen for other excursions. Then, that frees up Belize for snorkeling - and the water/reefs is what Belize is known for. Belize City is rough outside the couple blocks surrounded by security fence. We have done both Sgts. Caye (with the mangrove kayak which was great) and Goff's Caye (where you could snorkel from boat or shore).

I would like to go on a cruise that just anchored off the coast of Belize for 4 days and I'd go in for excursions each day. I want to do ALL of the things you said you wouldn't want to do! Sorry, but I don't have other recommendations.

We have traveled extensively in Belize and the trip to Altun Ha is a very good one but it is a long drive. ON the drive you will travel inland to a very beautiful part of the country. Altun Ha is almost on the border with Honduras. The view from the ruins is great and for us the road inland was almost as good as the ruins themselves. If you have not been to a ruins in the middle of the jungle, this is one to see. It is a very large example and not very touristy.

That being said the Cave tubing is still one the best experiences we have had in all our travels.

We sailed on the Valor and it was beautiful. The only thing we didn't like was the back of the ship is not an open deck. The ceiling above the pool retracts. We much prefer an open deck to the ceiling thing. The Valor is a huge ship and getting around it is a bit tricky. There are 2 floors that do not connect, so you have to walk up a floor and then down a floor to actually get to where you want to go. After sailing on the Valor, we find that we prefer the Spirit class ships much better.

As for the excursions, we loved Belize. We went to Xinantunach(sp?) Mayan ruins and my DH loved it. It was quite an experience. We were not impressed by Roatan. It was extremely poor and the port was a bit scary to be honest. We walked around for about 5 minutes, were offered every single drug imagainable and then promptly got our butts back on the ship. It was not the best place to be walking around. We usually love to walk around and explore, but I do not think Roatan is the safest of ports. We will never go back there.

Good luck!!

We have traveled extensively in Belize and the trip to Altun Ha is a very good one but it is a long drive. ON the drive you will travel inland to a very beautiful part of the country. Altun Ha is almost on the border with Honduras. The view from the ruins is great and for us the road inland was almost as good as the ruins themselves. If you have not been to a ruins in the middle of the jungle, this is one to see. It is a very large example and not very touristy.

That being said the Cave tubing is still one the best experiences we have had in all our travels.

I am getting confused. I am researching excursions for Belize and thought that Altun Ha is 1 hour away from Belize City and Xanantunich is the one near the Honduran border. Please clarify. Thanks

When we were in Belize, both on the Miracle & the Legend, we did the Carnival Beach Break & loved it. The beach was beautiful. The Valor is a beautiful ship and much prefer it to the Spirit Class although it is a little confusing to get around. Cant wait to board the Glory in 37 days.

Archived