Just off the Legend

The cruise left on Sunday March 15 but after reading a lot on here we decided to leave on Saturday the 14th, that was one of the best advices we did get.

Got to the airport on Saturday and our first flight was delayed a few hours because Atlanta was getting hit by a storm and that is where our plan was coming from. When our plan finally arrived they boarded us as fast as they could, our layover was in Atlanta so our second flight was also delayed. We finally arrived in Tampa around 9:30.

We stayed at the Rocky Point Hilton, they have a cruise package where they pick you up from the airport, take you to the port the next day and after your cruise they pick you up and take you to the airport. They also have a breakfast in the morning, which wasn't bad. When the driver picked us up at the airport he did let us know that he could take us somewhere to get drinks if we would like, we had him take us to Walgreens for bottled water. When we arrived at the hotel, they let us know what shuttle times thay had available the first time was 10:00, I told them that is the time we want, so I did not here the other times. Right next door to the hotel is a Bahama Breeze, we ate dinner there, it was very good. We did tip the driver for picking us up and taking us to Walgreens and the next day when we were dropped off at the port. When they drop you off at the port their are porters their taking your luggage so we never had to deal with our luggage when we got their. The porter was pretty funny he kept saying you take take of me, I take care of you~ meaning he wanted a tip, which we did give. If I remember right the hotel cruise package was 169.00

Sunday morning when we woke up we turned on the tv to watch the news, we did see that the Atanta airport was still trying to play catch up they said all flights were delayed by a few hours, If the flights we were going to be on were affected we would of missed the boat:eek: So glad we came in the day before. Thank you for the advice!

Sunday morning we got in the shuttle at 10, dropped off at the port and standing in line around 10:30. We were at the front of the line :D When the line started moving we went up an escalater, went up to a counter where they scanned our credit card number and then they handed us our sign and sail card and then they wrote down #1, which meant we were the first group to board the ship. :D They board in 50's. We waited for a few minutes before they called group 1. This was our first cruise so when we walked on the boat we were in awe, the ship was beautiful. We did walk around for a little while just to get use to the ship. By the time we made it by the pool, their were some people already laying out with a drink in their hand. When we were walking around they did have the fire doors closed so we could not get in our room, I did not try to open it as some people have said they did. A little before 1:30 we went to see if the doors were open and they were so we went to our room to check it out.

The room was exactly like the pictures I looked at. We walked in and their is a little hallway. The bathroom was on the left hand side on on the right hand side was three closets. The first two had about 8 coat hangers each, and the third closet had shelves. I did bring coat hangers from home and I am glad I did, another tip that I read on here. After the 3 closets their is a desk, their is a long drawer and then 4 drawers on the side. The first drawer has the blowdryer and a bible in it, the next two were not very deep, you could only put a few things in those two drawers, they fourth drawer was deeper. On the left hand side of the cabin was a couch and table and the bed. We had a balcony and it had 2 chairs and a little table.

The muster drill was not long at all, as we were lining up people were cracking jokes and having a good time until they started talking to us. Once they were giving instructions, people stopped messing around and were listening. It was painless, BUT embarrassing, where we were lined up, on land their was a restraunt and those people eating were watching us through binoculars and taking pictures:eek: We got a good laugh and so did they:D After the muster drill there was a meet and greet through cruise crtic, we went but did not stay long. We planned on going back once more people came but we got caught up in taking pictures and just forget until it was to late:(

After the muster drill and before late dinner our luggaged arrived, I am the type that my vacation can't really start until everything is unpacked so that is what we did. A few things that I packed that I used was a powerstrip, downy wrinkle free spray and over the door shoe holder. We placed everything in the shoe holder, our sunscreen, advil, sunglasses, pens, gum and a lot more. Some things that I packed and never used was a highlighter and sticky notes. One tip that I used and really liked was the downy. In the shower they have a line that you can use to hang your wet clothes on. What I did was close the door and turn the water on really hot to get the room really steamy then I hung my clothes from the hanger on the line and sprayed the downy on it and went out of the bathroom and closed the door behind me. It worked great I did not need to iron any of my clothes and they were wrinkle free.

~ I will post more later~

mom,

Looking forward to your posts. We're on the Legend in May. How many in your group? which cabin were you in?

Not to be one of the spelling police, but sort of notes for the next time: there is a difference between there and their. Easy to miss when you type too fast.

I too had to correct my spelling, lol.

I can't wait to read the rest of your review. Thank you for taking the time to post. We're on the Legend on October 4 for our 20th Wedding Anniversary! Our honeymoon was a 4 day Carnival cruise because that was all we could afford and it got us hooked. And...do you have your Capers from the trip?

Thanks for taking the time to relive your cruise. We can hardly wait to hear the rest of the days. We sail on July 5th-All 13 of us. Grandma/Grandpa.kids/grandkids. Needless to say we are counting the days. We are almost to the 3-month date. So glad you enjoyed yourself and found our terminal friendly(yes, we lisve in Tampa). It's one of the best port to sail from. Dot

Hi Dot,

I've heard only good things about the terminal in Tampa. We were looking at a cruise out of Miami and one out of Tampa. The raves for the Tampa terminal swayed our decision to the Legend.

I've been on the Florida Departures board trying to figure out what hotel might be good for one night pre-cruise. Do you, as a Tampa resident, have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to relive your cruise. We can hardly wait to hear the rest of the days. We sail on July 5th-All 13 of us. Grandma/Grandpa.kids/grandkids. Needless to say we are counting the days. We are almost to the 3-month date. So glad you enjoyed yourself and found our terminal friendly(yes, we lisve in Tampa). It's one of the best port to sail from. Dot

Ok I am back for a quick minute:

I am so sorry about the spelling. I went back to look and sorry is all I can say.

To answer some of your questions, it was just my husband and I, we left all the children at home with grandpa and grandma.

We were in room 7125.

Yes, I do have the capers, ask any questions I just don't know how to post them. :(

We did not have our children with us but I did hear from Jen the cruise director that there was a little over 500 children on board :eek: We had no clue, Carnival keeps them so busy that we never even saw them. Late at night we would see a group of teens going somewhere but never stopped them to see where.

I will be back later today~ Once again sorry about the spelling :eek:

Enjoy! We have sailed on her twice, and on the Miracle when it was the itinerary before her. The Legend is a beautiful ship! The only thing I liked more about the Miracle was the (seldom used) area leading to Camp Carnival. It has portholes and couches and is decorated in the theme of the ship. On the Legend it was the Enchanted Forest, on the Miracle it was a little lighter in decor. A nice place to go and sit quietly. Kids on the way to Camp Carnival seemed surprised to see adults sitting there!

Good times!

Sol y Mar

mom,

Looking forward to your posts. We're on the Legend in May. How many in your group? which cabin were you in?

Not to be one of the spelling police, but sort of notes for the next time: there is a difference between there and their. Easy to miss when you type too fast.

It's against the rules of this board to comment on spelling or grammar. No matter how "nice" you think you are being it still comes across as pompous.

I also do not know how to post or scan or whatever it is you have to do to post Capers. I'll just ask as I think of questions!

Ok I am back for a quick minute:

I am so sorry about the spelling. I went back to look and sorry is all I can say.

To answer some of your questions, it was just my husband and I, we left all the children at home with grandpa and grandma.

We were in room 7125.

Yes, I do have the capers, ask any questions I just don't know how to post them. :(

We did not have our children with us but I did hear from Jen the cruise director that there was a little over 500 children on board :eek: We had no clue, Carnival keeps them so busy that we never even saw them. Late at night we would see a group of teens going somewhere but never stopped them to see where.

I will be back later today~ Once again sorry about the spelling :eek:

Thanks for your review!!

We are on the October 4th cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary, can hardly wait!!!!!

Anxiously awaiting the rest of review.

Come over and join our rollcall http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=910856 Lots of anniversaries and birthday's being celebrated...we are celebrating our 43rd on the 8th..taking 2 granddaughters for their 16th birthdays..should be a blast...we really enjoyed the Legend this past October...

I am back. To answer someones question. We sailed March 15 - 22.

After we got our room unpacked we went back on deck in time to go under the bridge, it is amazing how close you do get. If you go on the Legend try to remember to be on the top deck while you sail under, it is something you don't do everyday. While we were sailing away it was fun to watch the people jet ski and jumping over the waves. Two things happened while we were sailing away. The first was THERE :D is a small airport that you pass and just after we passed the runway an airplane took off, it was neat to see so close. The second thing that happened, which we missed, was when the space shuttle took off you could see it from the boat. We were sad that we missed that :(

We had late seating for dinner, we sat at table 414, just the two of us. We enjoyed just being able to talk with each other. I know most people prefer to sit with others but having 6 children we are totally happy with just the two of us. Dinner was good. The waiter did an excellent job after the first night he always had lemons on a little plate and my water in my glass and a coke for my husband. Right when we would sit down our waiter was there to put our napkins in our lap and he gave us the menu's. While we looked at the menu's we were served bread. They have a few different kinds in the basket and you just point to the one you want. I love bread so I would always get 2-4 pieces at a time. The first night I ran out of butter so after the first night they had an extra butter on our table waiting. Our waiter was very good, he was so friendly, and he knew our names the first night after being told just once.

The food was great all nights. You could order as many items that you wanted, which some nights my husband did. The first night I did have the chocolate melting cake which was really good, the only problem was it was served with only 1 scoop of vanilla ice-cream, I asked for another scoop and every night after that I got 1 chocolate cake with 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream without ever asking.

Every night after dinner we would go to the follies lounge to watch the show. The shows were really good. I had read that some people did not like them but I had no problem with them.

On the third night on the boat we went to the piano bar after the show. WOW is all I can say, Jason the piano guy was really good. He knew so many songs everybody sang along. The piano bar was my most favorite thing to do on the boat at night, it was usually the same people in the bar night after night so we got to know some people. I think I read somewhere that someone did not like the piano bar but I think it matters who is on your cruise, we had parrotheads and spring break college students so it was so fun and everybody wanted to have a good time. Starting at midnight , Jason would say the piano bar is no longer a family bar, so if you get offended easily or have a hard time with language this was not a place for you. The piano bar closed at 2 a.m.

On monday morning, the first sea day we slept in until 11 am :eek: I was so mad that I slept my morning away. We did have a balcony but with the drapes closed it was so dark we had no idea how late it really was, so after that we always slept with the drapes slightly opened. On Monday he went to a few daytime shows, they were alot of fun.

I need to go, I will be back.

mom,

Crewsweeper,

You should use a comma after '' time'', not a semicolon. The semicolon is used when you list things. Also, "Easy to miss when you type too fast." is a sentence fragment.

Archived