Just off the Legend

Ok I am back for a quick minute:

I am so sorry about the spelling. I went back to look and sorry is all I can say.

To answer some of your questions, it was just my husband and I, we left all the children at home with grandpa and grandma.

We were in room 7125.

Yes, I do have the capers, ask any questions I just don't know how to post them. :(

We did not have our children with us but I did hear from Jen the cruise director that there was a little over 500 children on board :eek: We had no clue, Carnival keeps them so busy that we never even saw them. Late at night we would see a group of teens going somewhere but never stopped them to see where.

I will be back later today~ Once again sorry about the spelling :eek:

I'm in 7101 at the end of the hallway. Was it blocked a lot of the time with service carts?

Still waiting to hear more!!! :D Sailing on the Legend in June in Cabin 4241, extended aft balcony...!:)

Keep the review coming, and ignore those of us who think grammar/punctuation is an issue...:rolleyes::o

My husband, his parents, sister and I all cruised on the Legend on the 2/22/09 sailing. As we were new to cruising, everything was a new experience and we tried to fit everything in. We were a little bit concerned about getting seasick and also wanted access to outside air; we booked extended balconies and loved it!!!! Our rooms were next to each other so we were able to open our balconies between the two rooms. I have to assume our room was typical of the others on offer. I was a little perturbed that our hallway led to Camp Carnival and we would have kids running up and down the hallway what seemed at all hours of the day and night. We had 487 kids on our cruise and I could believe it.

I have to admit I was a little nervous when we went through the embarkation process. It seemed very chaotic and disorganized. I am a seasoned traveler and maybe a little spoiled so waiting in lines that seemed to go on forever didn't sit well with me. ( I am impatient to say the least) but I thought they could post signs or be more forthcoming with the process along the way. At Disney, they give signs that say, from this point forward 45 minute wait. That kind of information would be helpful in my mind. Granted we were newbies so I know better next time. :)

The food on the cruise was great! We had a table to ourselves and had the late seating. I loved our servers (Adi and Elena)! They were just so on top of everything all the time! My mother in law got sunburned pretty bad the first day at sea and then was really seasick for the next three days (she won’t be cruising again anytime soon!) Our servers were always asking if there was anything they could bring or do for her. Is it a well known fact that the wait staff work for tips alone? I was surprised that all the help was from overseas and started asking some questions. They are only paid $75.00 per month although their room and board are paid. I just think that for the hours that they work, they should be paid more money. We were not real big on the dress up for the two dinners. We went pretty casual and it didn’t seem to be a problem. For us, we have to dress up every day for work and want to relax and have fun on vacation. We were glad it didn’t seem to matter to others or people on the cruise. Does anyone know if that is an issue on other cruise lines?

The shows were hit and miss for me. I liked the comedians and individual shows but the reviews were the worst type of Vegas lounge singer variety. We liked Jason in the piano bar (had a wonderful voice) but would usually leave early due to the smokiness in the lounge.

I was very disappointed in the destination shoppers Dominica and Elgin. My husband surprised me by purchasing a diamond anniversary band in Cozumel. . . yes ladies I have a fabulous husband! Well, they talk about giving us the best price available and that they honor that throughout the cruise so the next day, I tried to purchase the exact same ring and was priced $324 less than what we paid. Not only did they not honor the price difference, they were just indifferent to the issue that I was bringing to their attention. I was very disappointed but ultimately happy with my ring.

I really enjoyed Grand Cayman – bluest water I have ever seen and Roatan – beautiful beach – we arranged with a long taxi and tour guide to take us to West Beach and Infinity Resorts. The water was fabulous. We did not care for Belize and hardly spent any time there. We just headed back to the ship and hung out on the Lido deck that day.

We didn’t take any planned excursions but others in our party did. We will on the next cruise but as this was our first, we wanted to check it out on our own. We did get internet service while on board as my husband is a junkie and can’t seem to stay away for a week. That seemed really expensive but the service was reliable and he enjoyed it. Did I mention that he bought me a really beautiful ring??? (Trust me, I won’t complain at all!)

I did use the Spa on our last day at sea. They were offering massages for the same price that I pay at home so I went ahead and scheduled one. My massage therapist was late and then spent the last 10 minutes of my massage trying to sell me some product that she was using. That kind of bothered me but the massage itself was good.

We are looking at booking our next cruise and are interested in cruising the southern Caribbean. We are not sure if we should do Carnival again or try Celebrity or another cruise line. Any suggestions?????

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review. Thank you for taking the time to post. Do you recall what time you went under the bridge? We have early dinner and I am wondering if we can still see it.

Thanks for your review so looking forward to reading more. Will be on 8/2/09 with NO KIDS. MY first vacation w/o them. We did the glory last Aug. with them. This is a free cruise we won. Please keep up the review, and who cares about spelling, your not in school being graded.LOL....

Hi Dot,

I've heard only good things about the terminal in Tampa. We were looking at a cruise out of Miami and one out of Tampa. The raves for the Tampa terminal swayed our decision to the Legend.

I've been on the Florida Departures board trying to figure out what hotel might be good for one night pre-cruise. Do you, as a Tampa resident, have any recommendations?

Thanks!

The Channelside Marriott is right down the street from the Port of Tampa and the Trolley stops at the hotel. You can actually take your luggage on the trolley and it stops right at the front door or the check-in. Also the trolley takes you to Ybor City if you are up to a little adventure the night before. Ybor is very famous but not for everyone. It is worth a ride on the trolley to take a look. Lots of good restaurants and bars and really strange people to look it. We also have the Florida Aquarium right next to the Port and there is a trolley stop there. The Aquarium is wonderful and worth a visit. Hope this helps you. Just shout if you have anymore questions. Dot

Crewsweeper,

You should use a comma after '' time'', not a semicolon. The semicolon is used when you list things. Also, "Easy to miss when you type too fast." is a sentence fragment.

Does this person have nothing better to do with their time? I am really enjoying the review and can't wait for more!!!

I was making fun of Crewsweeper, who had so rudely suggested that the reviewer check the spelling before posting. I hate it when people criticize others, and yet make mistakes as well. I teach grammar in middle school, by the way.I'm called the grammar ****.

Crewsweeper,

You should use a comma after '' time'', not a semicolon. The semicolon is used when you list things. Also, "Easy to miss when you type too fast." is a sentence fragment.

FYI, "teach", that little thing with two dots on top of each other is called a COLON (not a semi colon!)

I am neither a grammar **** nor teacher in case you wondered.

I am just an interested observer..... who doesn't give a rat's posterior about spelling/grammar/typos as long as the poster gets their post across in a semi-coherent manner!

Carry on!

"teach", that little thing with two dots on top of each other is called a COLON (not a semi colon!)

I am neither a grammar **** nor teacher in case you wondered.

I am just an interested observer..... who doesn't give a rat's posterior about spelling/grammar/typos as long as the poster gets their post across in a semi-coherent manner!

Carry on!

Now that is what I am talking about:;,.

We are looking at booking our next cruise and are interested in cruising the southern Caribbean. We are not sure if we should do Carnival again or try Celebrity or another cruise line. Any suggestions?????

I highly recommend Serenade of the Seas on RCI for the Southern Caribbean. The ships is elegant and gorgeous, the service and food was the best and I loved the itinerary-5 ports in 7 days. It is priced higher than Carnival Victory, but was worth it to me. They actually had a nice price drop right before we cruised and we ended up spending quite a bit less than the original price. We are booked with Carnival this year and they no longer match price drops, but RCI still does [or at least they did last year].

Monday we just hang out on the boat and had a great time.

Tuesday~ Cayman Island, we did not have anything planned. We were here about 4 yrs. ago and did the Sting Ray City, Hell, and the Turtle farm. We had breakfast then took a tender to the island and just walked around.

Wednesday~ Cozumel, we swam with the dolphins. That was so fun. It rained and was chilly for the first part but once the sun came out it was great.

Thurday~ Belize, I woke up not feeling well so my husband went on the excursion by himself, he did the ruins that start with a X. He had a great time. He said the bus driver drove crazy but I had already read that here so I was prepared, but I forgot to tell him.

Friday~ Roatan, we did Victor Brodden. I really liked him. His driver was really good. First we did the zip line, I watched and my husband zip lined, monkeys, went to a beach, drove around and took pictures, went to the marketplace, went to the highest part of the island for more photo's, and we went to the cameo factory. The great thing about Victor you get a driver who will take you anywhere you want to go and when your done he takes you to the next stop. I can't say anything negative about victor Brodden.

Saturday~ Last day of the cruise :(

I will be back~ I do have a funny balcony story about my neighbors. :D

So we've had spelling correction, grammer controversy and a review highjack. Sheesh what next?

Momof6 we loved the Legend when we were on it a couple years ago, the service excellent, the food top notch. Our favorite Carnival ship so far.

Hope you got to go out on the Lido when you went under the bridge, it was amazing, I have the picture blown up and on the wall of my study!!!

Next time in Belize you might try the cave tubing, there is a certain company that we can't speak the name of unless you ask <hint hint> that will carry your tubes for you, they were AWESOME, and the experience was one of the best!!!

Thanks for the review and your good nature on all the interference that took place.

Cheers and happy sailing!! Carole

Momof6--

we did almost the same things in the ports that ya'll did, except Belize where we did the airboat ride. ( just okay)

I totally agree with you about swimming with the dolphins in Coz--amazing fun. We went to Chankanaab.

And Viktor Bodden in Roatan was fantastic--one of our best port days ever.

I'm so glad ya'll had such a great time on the Legend. I just loved that ship and Itenerary. I have a friend on her right now.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us--I'm sure with 6 kids you've got lots of other things to do. :D:eek::D

This should be my last post:

I will do the balcony story PG

Thursday I was not feeling the best so I stayed behind while my husband went to the ruins. In the afternoon I was minding my business reading a book on the balcony. Next thing I know our neighbor is out on his balcony, I can't see them so I wasn't to sure who it was until the wife opened their door and the husband commented on her lack of clothes. I was oh no, how do I let them know I was out on my balcony. The wife was scared someone might hear so the husband said they could turn on the music loud, while he went inside to get music I "accidently" sneezed. The wife let her husband know that someone was on the balcony but he did not seem to care :eek: I am assuming the wife would not do anything because they went in their room. I found out the walls are pretty sound proof but the balcony doors are not :eek: The funny thing was after someone came outside they lit a cigarette, I felt like I was in a old time movie. That poor couple can't join the balcony club, sorry.

I was expecting the bathroom to be really small from what I read on the boards but it wasn't as small as I thought it would be. The most challenging thing for me to do in the bathroom was to shave my legs while taking a shower.

Overall we had a great cruise, it was so much fun. This was the first time for me to be away from my children so I missed them tons.

The parrotheads were on this cruise, they are a fun group of people to be around. I have no complaints at all. In fact if we ever cruise again I would like to go with them again because they keep it fun!

We did not do the Supper Club, so I can't tell you about that.

KYRISONG1: where did you go cave tubing?

I think that is about it, if you have questions please ask.

Thanks so much for the detailed review!!:) Enjoyed it all.... Even the 'balcony' episode..:rolleyes:;)

Our plans in June include Victor Bodden in Roatan, 'Gerry' in COZ and hopefully the 'Private Island Beach Break' thru CCL to Bannister Island in Belize.. Like the idea of the tender directly to the island from the ship!:D

Hope we have as much fun as you guys did!!!:cool:

Ok I am back for a quick minute:

I am so sorry about the spelling. I went back to look and sorry is all I can say.

To answer some of your questions, it was just my husband and I, we left all the children at home with grandpa and grandma.

We were in room 7125.

Yes, I do have the capers, ask any questions I just don't know how to post them. :(

We did not have our children with us but I did hear from Jen the cruise director that there was a little over 500 children on board :eek: We had no clue, Carnival keeps them so busy that we never even saw them. Late at night we would see a group of teens going somewhere but never stopped them to see where.

I will be back later today~ Once again sorry about the spelling :eek:

Did you happen to go out the door on the bow on your deck? (Verandah)

I am trying to find out if there is a hallway between 7101 and 7102 on the other side of the ship.

Archived