It's FUNDAY WEEKEND! Post your FunDay Party posts and pictures here!!! :D

*Mach*

Here is the table with all the goody bags. I am wearing the Fun Bus shirt complete with Carnival nametag.

table.JPG

Here is the bookcase (shrine, as my mom calls it) in our living room.

bookcase.JPG

Everyone digging into the WCMC.

dig.JPG

My youngest daughter asking if she can drink the leftovers. (Just kidding, the kids had their own non-alcoholic drinks)

left.JPG

Was anyone else besides us a little disappointed that Carnival did not offer any booking incentives for the party guests. Even a $50 OBC if guests are booking within 30 days, sort of like the Welcome back OBC.

I wasn't. A very few of us discussed this with John on the Bloggers.

During a meeting with John, Stephanie 02 and the 'godfathers' someone asked if there was something like OBC ( he actually said a free cruise...) attached to the FunDay party thing. Of course, the answer was no.

Personally, considering that I volunteered to do the FunDay (happily so...) I didn't expect an incentive to be offered to attract FunDirectors.

In hindsight, what I got from the party was worth FAR more than any OBC could have been.

:)

Was anyone else besides us a little disappointed that Carnival did not offer any booking incentives for the party guests. Even a $50 OBC if guests are booking within 30 days, sort of like the Welcome back OBC.

I agree.. I think they could have done a little bit more... This was a marketing strategy and really from I have read on house party, most of those involved hosting were existing customers.. A great incentive would have been to offer OBC to first time cruisers.. for our guests who never sailed Carnival before..

Photos to post shortly!

Good moring all you party animials!! I am just now getting up and moving around. I cleaned up a little last night, and have a LOT of clean up this morning!! Where is my room Steward????:( Anyways, time for the party review. Like I posted before we had a blast. I was a smart funbus drivier:D I assigned host jobs to family!! My son, Trey, was the Tattoo artiist and vidotographer, but he ended up doing all kinds of jobs.

Since almost all the guests were family, and moms friends Trey chose to play it safe as Tatto Artist and posted this sign. LMAO

carnivalparty0042.jpg?t=1238434894

When everyone got there, they got a copy of the capers.

carnivalparty002-1.jpg?t=1238434829

We did the spin the wheel they sent, most got give the Fun Director a noogie:rolleyes: but had a few stardowns too. My son got, Sing a song with Fun in the title, and we all were trying to link of something that wasn't Girls just want to have fun LOL This is what Trey came up with LOL

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/tmartin220/carnival%20party/?action=view&current=misc548.flv

Love the capers, great idea! Wish I would have thought of it. My guests loved the towel animal game and spoon game the best. Karaoke wasnt such a big hit. In fact, most took towel animal directions home after the party to practice making them. One neighbor said "great now Im going to come home and find little towel animals on my bathroom counter each night, trust me she'll do it" Glad to be the one to spread a little Carnival cheer into everyone's homes.

I created a DVD of pictures from all previous cruises. Some pictures were from the cruises those at the party were on with us, others were cruises I sailed with others, so they got to see pictures of the Mex Riv cruise we all are planning for next April on the Splendor!!

carnivalparty012-1.jpg?t=1238436002

carnivalparty007-1.jpg?t=1238435564

My son Trey hosted the Name That Tune game. Now he decided we were divided into Red and Blue teams, everyone got a mark on their hand when the walked in the door, blue or red pen. He was the blue leader, neiece was the red leader. He tried to keep track of points with green stickies!! LOL By the end of the day, though, we had no clue which team won, and I had green stickies all over the apt. LMAO

carnivalparty006-1.jpg?t=1238435891

carnivalparty008-1.jpg?t=1238435932

Love the capers, great idea! Wish I would have thought of it. My guests loved the towel animal game and spoon game the best. Karaoke wasnt such a big hit. In fact, most took towel animal directions home after the party to practice making them. One neighbor said "great now Im going to come home and find little towel animals on my bathroom counter each night, trust me she'll do it" Glad to be the one to spread a little Carnival cheer into everyone's homes.

Kareoke was actually a big hit here, we continued untl 9 or 10 after most everyone else left. My son, really got into it. I think he got way comfortable with a microphone in his hand LOL The towel animal folding was hilarious. For some reason the first time I printed the instuctions for the Towel Animal folding contest, the printed out in Russian, or some other language!!:eek: So as a teaser, we handed them out at first LOL I don't think the it made any differance we gave them the English ones, they were having a heck of a time. LOL I will post the video to the winning teams resulsts, I think it is safe. Other video clips contain some descriptions I don't think would be appropriate to post!!!!:rolleyes:

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/tmartin220/carnival%20party/?action=view&current=carnivalparty006-2.flv

Hey.. my karaoke dvd was two songs.. thats it..

Did i get a blooper? lol

No no, we cheated and brought in a Kareoke machine. The songs on the one they sent were way too fast, but made for some hilareous goofs LOL

One of my guests got picked for the Legends show on our Legend cruise. It was her first cruise and that was the highlight of it for her.

carnivalparty051.jpg?t=1238437451

no no, we cheated and brought in a kareoke machine. The songs on the one they sent were way too fast, but made for some hilareous goofs lol

one of my guests got picked for the legends show on our legend cruise. It was her first cruise and that was the highlight of it for her.

carnivalparty051.jpg?t=1238437451

awesome~!~

Archived