Nassau Excursion - Blackbeards Treasure Hunt & beach tour

tammi0916

We are stopping in Nassau when we travel on the Glory and we are thinking about doing this excursion-Blackbeards Treasure Hunt & beach tour. My daughter who is 10 loves pirates stuff and I thought the treasure hunt would be fun. Has anyone done this tour and if so, how was it?

Thanks so much! I have read so many varing posts about "sand fleas" and not sure what to do?

We are stopping in Nassau when we travel on the Glory and we are thinking about doing this excursion-Blackbeards Treasure Hunt & beach tour. My daughter who is 10 loves pirates stuff and I thought the treasure hunt would be fun. Has anyone done this tour and if so, how was it?

Thanks so much! I have read so many varing posts about "sand fleas" and not sure what to do?

I dont' know anything about the treasure hunt but we were at BlackBeard's Cay to swim with the stingrays. We were on the beach after our swim with the Rays. Never had any flea problem at all.

Since noone jumped in here.. I will .

This excursion is fun. But the treasure hunt isn't really much.. not many people find something.. and it's got little to do with Pirates (except they use dubloon "coins".

The beach is beautiful, lots of chairs, umbrellas for shade and you can watch the stingrays from the walkway.

As for Sand Fleas.. . they island is "fogged" often.. but at some point it wears off and there are noseeums aka Gnats (not in the sand or beach, but in the wooded areas). So if you're gonna drag your chair into the shade.. bring an insect repellent just in case.

As far as the beach goes.. I have never seen "sand fleas" on the beach.. and I've been on the island more than 50 times in the past few years.

I'm trying to decide between Blackbeard or Atlantis. I have always want to see Atlantis, but I also want quiet and relaxing too! We only have the afternoon after 12 noon.

Sorry, but you won't find quiet or relaxing at Atlantis. Cruisers are allowed only in a designated area of the beach.. you can't even go to the less crowded areas if you want.

Blackbeards is large enough that you can get away and relax..

Archived