Earlier Saver price drop

tink77

Ok, I booked my cruise through a TA and actually got a better deal than what was on Carnival's website! So, I noticed the price dropped on our cruise sailing date (however, the price drop still is not as low as the deal I got through the TA). It's was a price difference of about $60, not huge but hey, that's more in my pocket for the cruise! So, I contacted my TA to find out if the price decrease would even apply to us since the cruise price drop still didn't make Carnivals price as low as what I had gotten ($4 higher actually), said he'd let Carnival know and I'll get a confirmation from Carnival. So, today I get an email with my new balance, it's only a $7 difference. :confused:

So I guess I'm confused on how the lowest price guarantee works when you book through a TA at a lower discount than what is on Carnival.

Any advice?

Thanks!

The lower price from the TA may have been what they took out of their own commission. If you are still lower than what the Carnival site has, you probably can't complain to anyone?

The TA may have refigured their commission or whatever and not given you as much out of their pocket now? I hear there isnt much of a commission on most of these early saver rates anyway, and if it went down that much, the commission is now also less.

Ah, I see! I wasn't sure how that went, I wouldn't have asked him to take it out of his commission if I'd have known that!

I was told that the rate I got was due to the agency booking a block of rooms at a group rate and then selling those at lower price. (well, thats what another TA told me probably happened)

Thanks for explaining!

So, if the higher cost rooms drop in price to what I pay or near, will I be able to upgrade to those rooms then and pay that difference?

Archived