carnival reduces price but not for past cruisers

travelingran

where do you find the form on line to request obc since price is down?

You can only use the form if you are booked under early saver rate.. this rate disappears 5 months before a 7 day cruise.

If you did not book under early saver plan then don't bother filling out the form.. it's pointless.

You had a lower rate until this recent price drop didn't you?

If you go over to RCI you won't touch a cruise for the same price as CCL.

Does RCI give military discounts?

Good luck whatever you decide to do in the future.:)

Bill

Yes Military discounts are offered on select sailings, just like CCL.

I feel very fortunate. I booked and paid in full for a cruise a few weeks back. I was outside the 60 day window but went ahead and paid in full at the time of the booking. Two weeks later I noticed the priced dropped $20 pp. I know that's not much, but i called Carnival anyway, unaware of their new policy. I, like an earlier poster, assumed that since it was common practice to get obc for price reductions, I would have no problem getting an adjustment. The new policy was explained to me and I fussed a little. The pvp put me on hold and then came back on and said he could refund my $40. I thought that was very generous and indicative of the service I've always experienced on Carnival. Two days ago I noticed the price dropped another $40 pp. I called again (what could it hurt, I thought). Well, the pvp I spoke to said she could not refund or offer obc. I told her I understood that, but I was bummed and wish I had been informed of the policy change before I paid in full because, at that time, I was still outside the penalty window and could have requested refunds/obc without any hassle. She said she was sorry that she couldn't offer a refund, then asked if I would like to upgrade to a balcony at a small cost of $20 pp. Was she kidding?? Of course I took that offer! I couldn't be more pleased with my experiences with Carnival. I sailed RCCL many years ago and it was a terrible experience, even back then. I will remain a loyal Carnival customer.

Archived