Irony at its finest, last day of hurricane season and we got another storm

Discount-Eyewear

Largin-- Your 49 is warmer than it got here all day!! No snow.....lots of frost and ice....it's been between 22 and 24 in the morning when we get up and I heard up at South Shore it was 4 below zero day before yesterday. Broke out the long johns a little early this year. Too cold in the morning when I get up and it is 50 in the living room.....got the woodstove crankin' right now though!! :)

Gee guys, It is 70 now, and going up to a balmy 82 today!!! I just love SW Florida!!! :D

Hey Sue...I just made a note on next years calender to call you in August when you have high temps and high humidity and I am sitting outside enjoying the pine scented Sierra breezes!! :D

[quote name='Salty Dawg'][font=Arial]When the temps here drop, our weatherman issues "Cuddle Alerts". I guess it is supposed to make freezing your a** off sound romantic. :rolleyes:[/font][/QUOTE]

Maybe he is just warning his wife so he won't hit a cold front when he gets home!! :D

Hey Largin..
Being born and raised in S. Calif. I probably can take earthquakes over hurricanes since I have no idea what a hurricane would be like and they are so unpredictable as to wear the storm will hit. I guess it is good that we don't know that an earthquake is coming, although it would be nice to prepare. But....the aftershocks do wreck you nerves. At least with a hurricane, you don't worry about aftershocks for weeks (even years) after it hits. We lost most of our house contents in the 1994 Northridge quake but the house was structually okay. It has been unusually cold here in S. California too! Has been in the 40's at night and early 60's in the afternoon.

Archived