Irony at its finest, last day of hurricane season and we got another storm

Discount-Eyewear

Make my day!!! LOL

ABNT20 KNHC 302222

TWOAT

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

530 PM EST TUE NOV 30 2004

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON RECENTLY-

FORMED TROPICAL STORM OTTO...LOCATED ABOUT 810 MILES EAST OF

BERMUDA.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL STORM FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED THROUGH

WEDNESDAY.

PUBLIC ADVISORIES ON OTTO ARE ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTNT31

AND UNDER AWIPS HEADER MIATCPAT1. FORECAST/ADVISORIES ON

OTTO ARE ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTNT21 AND UNDER AWIPS

HEADER MIATCMAT1.

FORECASTER FRANKLIN

The Weather guy on Fox 13 was saying this morning that these cloud formations don't know it's the last day of the season. They don't have a calendar!! LOL. It is very ironic, though, I agree. I wasn't aware that we were already up to the O's. We're still recuperating from the J storm.Today at work the Staff was treated to a barbeque catered lunch sponsored by the owners and management of our facility for being "Hurricane Heroes" during the 3 Big Hurricanes-Charley,Frances and Jeanne. We also had the opportunity to order special shirts that signify that we're Hurricane Heroes. The Residents can buy them, too. It's going to be a long time before our building is completely repaired, which includes new walls, carpeting, etc. The roof leaked into the interior walls and soaked everything. But please-no more now!! Lynne

Can anyone tell me why anyone would book a cruise during hurricane season? :confused:

Prices and convenience. It works well in our schedule to travel in October. The prices are very good. We are well aware of what the risks are and fully understand that our itinerary might be changed or cancelled. We do not get seasick and rough water doesn't bother us. We figure we saved about $1200 by cruising in October as opposed to July. That saving paid for our airtickets, hotels and all incidentals. Also the weather in October has always been nice and doesn't seem to be as hot and sticky as I have heard it can be in the summer.

Can anyone tell me why anyone would book a cruise during hurricane season?

I almost always take a fall cruise, and with the exception of the one on the Caribbean Princess three weeks ago, we have always had perfect weather. Prices are great and very few children are on these sailings.

A few years ago we were being threatened by an October hurricane, Georges. We had a scheduled trip to Europe...on land, not a cruise. Because of Georges, we were the last flight out of West Palm Beach just before the airport closed. Then the hurricane took an Atlantic route and brought all its rain to Europe. Hurricane Georges (although not still a hurricane) rained on us every single day of our two week vacation all through Europe!!! So, go figure.

Can anyone tell me why anyone would book a cruise during hurricane season?

I almost always take a fall cruise, and with the exception of the one on the Caribbean Princess three weeks ago, we have always had perfect weather. Prices are great and very few children are on these sailings.

I enjoy fall cruises however I prefer them from the left side.. :D

I enjoy fall cruises however I prefer them from the left side.. :D

You're not safe from hurricanes on the left side!!! Our first cruise we had a cat 5 hurricane on the Mexican Riviera!! We had the time of our lives but alot of people were really really sick!!!

I also prefer earthquakes over hurricanes. You don't see them coming and they are over in a few seconds.. :D

Sounds like a guy I knew a long time ago.....YIKES did I just say that?? :D

I didn't do nothin!!! :confused: I am minding my own business, and trying to be good!!! I am working on the church mouse!!!! ;) :p :D
The "R" in CPR stands for resuscitation... not resurrection! I think you better give up on that plan. :rolleyes:

Archived