Royal Points, still waiting.....

to receive certificate from BofA... Does it have to be mailed in ONLY, or can it be faxed or called in? Now I'm starting to get nervous, last time we got it in 3 days, well, this time, it's been over a few weeks! We cruise on the 26th!

Hi,

I was told that you CAN NOT fax them.

A few weeks is too long. Maybe someone didn't put it through or it was lost in the mail? I would call. We just redeemed 5 vouchers for our cruise later this month and I received them within 3-4 business days.

Good luck

to receive certificate from BofA... Does it have to be mailed in ONLY, or can it be faxed or called in? Now I'm starting to get nervous, last time we got it in 3 days, well, this time, it's been over a few weeks! We cruise on the 26th!

Did you happen to get the certificate number from them when you called? If not, maybe they have a record and can give you the number so you can at least call them in to the redemption number (888) 305-4626.

I got mine in about 10 days. Called it in, made a copy and mailed it.

Good luck.

Thanks guys! I know, I usually get ours in a few days, if that! Not this time. I did NOT get a certificate number, but once I get it, I'll call the number that you noted then send it in. It's not a lot, only $100, but hey, that's a few drinks, lol! Thanks again.... Funny thing is that a few weeks ago, someone askes if a month out was to late to get his points, I said, 'Ah, don't worry, you'll get it in a couple of days then send it off'! Karma?! lol!

FYI: The guy I spoke to when I called it in was a real jerk, wonder if he 'postponed' my certificate! I'm going to call today....

This is the first time I have used the vouchers. I got them from BofA and sent them to Royal Caribbean. Will I hear from RC or will they just show up on my account? Is there a way to find out if they are on my account before the cruise(May6).

Thanks

I was told the only way they would take them over the phone or fax was if your cruise sailing date was within a couple weeks otherwise you would have to send them via mail.

This is the first time I have used the vouchers. I got them from BofA and sent them to Royal Caribbean. Will I hear from RC or will they just show up on my account? Is there a way to find out if they are on my account before the cruise(May6).

Thanks

I had my T/A call, they told her I had OBC and she relayed the info. to me...

I was told the only way they would take them over the phone or fax was if your cruise sailing date was within a couple weeks otherwise you would have to send them via mail.

Oh wow.. I might fall into this category by the time I get them...... Thanks!

Thanks

If you booked directly with RCCL, you can call and request a Booked Confirmation Invoice be emailed to you. Once your OBC is applied, it will show up on the invoice.

Here is how mine showed up for our last cruise:

C1OC-L1OBC $25PP

C4OC-$250 OBC P-P

It was two certficates, one for $500 and the other for $50. Why they do it "per person" I don't know. But that's what it looked like on the invoice.

If you booked through a TA, you will have to get them to call and request it for you.

Question for you all, so you CAN use a TA and use these certificates??????

You just get them yourself, mail them off and it's credited as a OBC? The TA doesn't have to do anything for them?

The last time I used them, no, T/A didn't have to do anything.. do they ever?! I'M JK!!!!!

You just get them yourself, mail them off and it's credited as a OBC? The TA doesn't have to do anything for them?

That's right. We call BofA and have them send us the certificates, then fill out the certs and mail them to RCCL. The TA is not involved at all.

Jeff

Forgive me, but what does BofA have to do with Royal Points? I have a World Points Reward Visa with BofA that on the main page of the travel section, I qualify for $100 on board credit. Is this the same thing?

I sent them email about it because I couldn't find where to request that reward about a week ago and haven't heard back. Was going to call them this weekend.

Forgive me, but what does BofA have to do with Royal Points? I have a World Points Reward Visa with BofA that on the main page of the travel section, I qualify for $100 on board credit. Is this the same thing?

I sent them email about it because I couldn't find where to request that reward about a week ago and haven't heard back. Was going to call them this weekend.

My RCI Cc is through BofA...

I just got off of the phone with BofA... The day I called was the 18th, the certificate was processed, HOWEVER, they have NOT MAILED IT OUT YET!! She said it should go out 'soon' and I MIGHT get it in a few days!!! I guess things have changed since the last time I used my points.... Going to do it way ahead of time..... They did say that once I get it, I can call RCI and give them the number.... we'll see!

Just giving you all a heads up!

You mean you don't have to book the cruise through the WorldPoints Cruise Agent? I got a brochure about the $100 OBC and called the number, and (after waiting 10 minutes for my call to even be answered! :eek:), the Cruise Agent told me I had to have the 10,000 points at the time I book the cruise in order to qualify for the credit. Can you book the cruise, then qualify for the credit afterward? I've been using my Visa card for everything I buy, and am looking for any way I can to earn bonus points as well. If I can book the cruise, then finish earning the points, I won't worry so much.

We're looking at sailing on Freedom of the Seas September 27, and I'm about 2000 points away from the 10,000 needed.

Michele....

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

yes you sure can and no the TA does NOT have to do anything. You can send them in yourself.

Thanks

I called RCCL to confirm that our OBC had been applied and they emailed confirmation which I will bring along on our 04/17 Explorer cruise just to be sure.

So what I'm getting from this is to apply early for the OBC. I'm sailing on June 21st, so should I order my Visa points certificates beginning of May?

And did I read correctly on one of these posts, that once I receive the certificates, I can call RCI and give them the certificate number? I don't need to mail them in? Or both call and mail?

So what I'm getting from this is to apply early for the OBC. I'm sailing on June 21st, so should I order my Visa points certificates beginning of May?

And did I read correctly on one of these posts, that once I receive the certificates, I can call RCI and give them the certificate number? I don't need to mail them in? Or both call and mail?

I would go ahead & request the certificates now...you have 6 months after you receive them to redeem them...once you get them you CAN call & give RC the certificate # but you still have to fill them out & mail them in... remember to make copies front & back for yourself...

You mean you don't have to book the cruise through the WorldPoints Cruise Agent? I got a brochure about the $100 OBC and called the number, and (after waiting 10 minutes for my call to even be answered! :eek:), the Cruise Agent told me I had to have the 10,000 points at the time I book the cruise in order to qualify for the credit. Can you book the cruise, then qualify for the credit afterward? I've been using my Visa card for everything I buy, and am looking for any way I can to earn bonus points as well. If I can book the cruise, then finish earning the points, I won't worry so much.

We're looking at sailing on Freedom of the Seas September 27, and I'm about 2000 points away from the 10,000 needed.

Not sure what these World Points you are referring too... With the Royal Caribbean Credit Card thru Bank of America..you DO indeed need to have earned all the points you before you can call for the certificate...but you can book your cruise at anytime..with anyone while you are using your card to earn the points...

I finally received them, I ended up calling RCI, they took the certificate numbers and told me to mail them to Wichita. They said that there should be no problems as long as I mailed them immediately. They also told me to keep the bottom half of the certificates for proof (you can even copy the actual cert.).

I'll call my T/A in a week or so to confirm that the OBC shows up. I did this on the last cruise, she called in and confirmed we had some OBC waiting for us.

I would go ahead & request the certificates now...you have 6 months after you receive them to redeem them...once you get them you CAN call & give RC the certificate # but you still have to fill them out & mail them in... remember to make copies front & back for yourself...

Perfect, thanks. I'm making my final payment tomorrow, and then I'll order them.

Archived