Question: Jewel BA aft-facing "Holds 4"

cpdad

Two of us (adult couple) are looking for a BA balcony on the Jewel. We want to try one of the aft-facing cabins and we noted that some are identified as "holds four", while others "hold three"

Since there are only two of us, will this cabin have some extra bedding cluttering the room? Will we get a queen bed or can we at least push two single beds together? I'm concerned that the unneeded bedding may get in the way.

For two people, is there any benefit to a "holds four" cabin vs. a "holds three" cabin? They are both aft-facing, but on different decks.

Thanks for your input.

Hi cpdad,

You will not have extra beds in the room. There's a small or mid size sofa bed that can remain closed for seating. (I would say the sofa bed would work for children or a single person - so that is where the 3rd or 4th person could come into play) I hope this helps!

Enjoy!:)

Good thing you're not using the extra bedding. We were on the Jewel last year in an aft-facing room with three people. When you opened the sofa to make a bed you couldn't get to the balcony door. I like to lounge on the balcony before I hit the sack so it became an obstacle course to get there and back. Enjoy the room.

Hi cpdad,

You will not have extra beds in the room. There's a small or mid size sofa bed that can remain closed for seating. (I would say the sofa bed would work for children or a single person - so that is where the 3rd or 4th person could come into play) I hope this helps!

Enjoy!:)

That is true for the BAs that hold 3. The Quad cabins also have Pullman bed for the 4th person. It does not take up floor space as it folds down from the wall when in use.

That is true for the BAs that hold 3. The Quad cabins also have Pullman bed for the 4th person. It does not take up floor space as it folds down from the wall when in use.

Not quite. It comes down from the ceiling, not from the wall.

The first NCL cruise we booked a balcony cabin for 3 and got the pull-out sofa bed, and we hated that!! No easy access to balcony!

The next 2 NCL cuises we made sure to book a balcony cabin for 4 so we got the pullman bed for our son, and it was so much better - we were able to access the balcony.

• 6 months later...

Where is the pull down bed located? Over the sofa? Does the room have a refrigerator? How many night stands? Was it comfortable? Did you like being on the aft? We are booking a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas next year and that cabin is available, so we were wondering if we should reserve it, or splurge for a mini-suite. What is your opinion?

Archived