An unexpected milestone...

pierces

Thanks a million!

Seriously! 1,000,000! I logged into my PBase account this morning and saw this:

"These pages have been viewed a total of 1005177 times. (view full statistics)"

Since my posting habits are pretty limited, I probably have primarily the Cruise Critic community to thank for your continued interest in visiting my galleries.

In mid-2001, digital imaging rekindled the love for photography that I have had since I was 10 and it has done a lot to alter my view of the world around me. I am shooting far more in the last eight years than I did in my first eight and I like to think that the results are better and reflect my own personal vision to a greater degree than they did back then.

With the increasing hardship, anger and ugliness permeating the media these days, photography has enabled me to contrast that with a tendency to see and appreciate the vast amount of beauty, humor and happiness that still exists out there but never makes the five o'clock news.

If, by sharing my photos and knowledge of the craft, I have helped some of you tap into this more positive view of life, that's a side-effect I can live with. I can only hope that the benefits you reap from photography have the same profound and positive effect on your lives as they have had on mine.

Thanks again!

Dave

Thanks a million!

Seriously! 1,000,000! I logged into my PBase account this morning and saw this:

"These pages have been viewed a total of 1005177 times. (view full statistics)"

Since my posting habits are pretty limited, I probably have primarily the Cruise Critic community to thank for your continued interest in visiting my galleries.

In mid-2001, digital imaging rekindled the love for photography that I have had since I was 10 and it has done a lot to alter my view of the world around me. I am shooting far more in the last eight years than I did in my first eight and I like to think that the results are better and reflect my own personal vision to a greater degree than they did back then.

With the increasing hardship, anger and ugliness permeating the media these days, photography has enabled me to contrast that with a tendency to see and appreciate the vast amount of beauty, humor and happiness that still exists out there but never makes the five o'clock news.

If, by sharing my photos and knowledge of the craft, I have helped some of you tap into this more positive view of life, that's a side-effect I can live with. I can only hope that the benefits you reap from photography have the same profound and positive effect on your lives as they have had on mine.

Thanks again!

Dave

Dave, thanks to you for all your posting, your sharing of knowledge, and the absolutely beautiful photos you have shared with all of us. I always check the threads for your new posts and have visited your site several times. You have definitely given me inspiration to get out there and experiment in taking photos.

Thanks!

Debbi

Big congrats Dave! You even pulled me out of the woods to comment. :) You're a good way ahead of me on pbase views...I've been wondering how long it would take to get to 1 million. I'm currently at 753,000, and seem to be running between 600-1200 per day on average...so it'll be a while!

I haven't gone away - just haven't had much to post in the way of cruise photos, because I haven't booked my cruise this year yet. I'm still targeting the usual Sep-Nov corridor, but just been too busy to think about it and haven't seen any super-duper deals that couldn't be passed up. So I float by here and browse every once in a while, usually seeing a question I might have an answer for but finding you've already responded with anything and everything I would have to add.

I'm glad for you hitting such a cool milestone...couldn't have happened to a more deserved guy!

Dave, thanks to you for all your posting, your sharing of knowledge, and the absolutely beautiful photos you have shared with all of us. I always check the threads for your new posts and have visited your site several times. You have definitely given me inspiration to get out there and experiment in taking photos.

Thanks!

Debbi

Thanks Debbi! Get out there and have fun with the camera!

Dave,

Congrats on a million visitors!

Your galleries have been an inspiration to me.

:eek: LOL, and my Pbase galleries finally went over 15,000.

Larry

Thanks Larry!

They all start at zero...it has taken me a while!:D

Big congrats Dave! You even pulled me out of the woods to comment. :) You're a good way ahead of me on pbase views...I've been wondering how long it would take to get to 1 million. I'm currently at 753,000, and seem to be running between 600-1200 per day on average...so it'll be a while!

I haven't gone away - just haven't had much to post in the way of cruise photos, because I haven't booked my cruise this year yet. I'm still targeting the usual Sep-Nov corridor, but just been too busy to think about it and haven't seen any super-duper deals that couldn't be passed up. So I float by here and browse every once in a while, usually seeing a question I might have an answer for but finding you've already responded with anything and everything I would have to add.

I'm glad for you hitting such a cool milestone...couldn't have happened to a more deserved guy!

Thanks justin!

Good to see you're still out there! How are you liking that Alpha?

Dave

Wow! What a milestone!! Thanks for setting the bar so high - & for being so willing to share your knowledge, time, & talent!! Love, love, love your site! Keeps me inspired to look at things in a fresh way.:D

Thanks justin!

Good to see you're still out there! How are you liking that Alpha?

The Alpha's still rockin! Great cam, and I'm using the stuffing out of it. I go to Disney every few months since I live close by, so I've taken many many many photos up there with the cam - many of them better than anything I've ever taken up there before. Lots of versatility - especially the mondo-convenient 18-250 lens which does about 95% of the work at Disney (200-500 is too big to haul around the parks, and I use the 50mm F1.7 for lowlight stuff...the 18-250 pretty much does the rest). And the big Tamron 200-500 gets a big workout at the local wetlands reserves especially the last few months as we went through breeding season and all the young birds and alligators hatched.

The Alpha's still rockin! Great cam, and I'm using the stuffing out of it. I go to Disney every few months since I live close by, so I've taken many many many photos up there with the cam - many of them better than anything I've ever taken up there before. Lots of versatility - especially the mondo-convenient 18-250 lens which does about 95% of the work at Disney (200-500 is too big to haul around the parks, and I use the 50mm F1.7 for lowlight stuff...the 18-250 pretty much does the rest). And the big Tamron 200-500 gets a big workout at the local wetlands reserves especially the last few months as we went through breeding season and all the young birds and alligators hatched.

That 18-250 seems just about perfect for a light travel lens. I am considering one since I plan on keeping an APS-C body even if I go full-frame. On the long end, I am glad to see that the new Sony 70-400 G SSM is making a good showing in the tests. That big ol' silver beast will probably be my next serious lens purchase. It fits the bill for Alaska and we want to fo back in 2010.

Keep on shooting and posting your pick. I do enjoy your galleries!

Dave

Dave, I want to thank you for the beautiful photos you have shared with us. The tips and suggestions. The links to your awesome photo books. I always enjoy taking a look at all the pictures that you have contributed. You are talented and do bring enjoyment to this hobby of mine called photography. Keep up the great work and here's to another million hits at your site and a million more photos to share with us here. :)

You deserve to have over a million visitors with photos like the ones you take. I look through all of your photos often trying to figure out what I can do to improve mine. I think you have a natural eye.....your photos are amazing!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your help, online classes and guidance you give to those of us not as skilled as you. You are amazing!!!

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.

I'm now having more fun than ever taking pictures because of your inspiration.

It just makes me look at the world in a different way somehow.

Linda :)

Congrats Dave! :D Great Website and absolutely stunning photography! :D

Thanks for taking the time to help everyone with your posts here on CC. Plus your online workshops and lesson are invaluable!

Thanks for all your hard work!

I agree with you. O also must tell you I checked out your site and WOW! It is stunning. The photos you have taken are amazing and I will have to return and take a more in depth look. Thanks for sharing it with us. You and Dave are both excellent photographers. Please keep on sharing.:) :D :)

Dave,

Congrats...and thanks for sharing the wonderful news! :)

It is obvious that your talent, passion for photography, and generosity with your time & knowledge so readily shared here (and elsewhere!) are so appreciated by everyone fortunate enough to know you (either personally or electronically)! Count me as one of many who admire your work and your genuine interest in helping all who seek your advice. :D

-- Renée

Dave

I know that because of you I look at picture taking in a completely different way.

Thank you for always sharing.

Denise

Before this thread fades into the nether pages, I'd like to thank all of you one more time for your kind words of support and encouragement.

Thank you...and Happy Shooting!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived