The prices ust went down on the RCI cruise we are taking in a month....help

We are leaving for a cruise in 1 month. We're paid in full and have our cruise docs. I just learned that the cruise we booked is actually $300 less than it is today. I could actually just pay $100 and have a balcony. Will they allow us to do anything now or is it too late? I coudln't find anything on their site to change it since it's been finalized. Maybe I should just call???

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can change you cabin even after final if the price is better than that is even better for you. You can upgrade at anytime just call your TA or RCCL if you booked yourself.

Hope this helps if not email me.

RCI will honor price drops regardless of when the final payment is.

Call whoever you booked with. :eek:

OMG! Thank you so much for your help! I just called RCI and we got a guarantee balcony for only $50 more pp. WOW! We've never had a balcony before and this is a short West Med cruise and will be perfect. Oh, I am so excited. I wouldn't have thought we could make changes so late in the process if you nice people on here didn't tell me to call them!

Thank you!

Happy Sailings!!

OMG! Thank you so much for your help! I just called RCI and we got a guarantee balcony for only $50 more pp. WOW! We've never had a balcony before and this is a short West Med cruise and will be perfect. Oh, I am so excited. I wouldn't have thought we could make changes so late in the process if you nice people on here didn't tell me to call them!

Thank you!

Happy Sailings!!

NICE!! Thanks for the follow-up. Now get busy shopping and packing :p;)

###

How wonderful for you! Now, take advantage of that balcony and be up extra early to watch the port arrivals from your private balcony. We love to see the first sights of the ports, while drinking coffee in our bathrobes.

BTW - A month or so ago, I was able to get my friend switched from an OV, to a balcony, the day before our cruise! She saved $90 pp by upgrading. :)

whats funny is, started out with 2 ov rooms. later on, i saw the balcony gty went down, and ended up saving 650$ by upgrading both cabins to a balcony gty.. on the navigator of the seas western caribbean dec 15 2008 cruise date. :D

• 2 weeks later...
We have 2 ov cabins for our June 3 cruise in Med. and would like to upgrade to a balcony cabin. We were told by out TA that we would have to pay a 900.00 cancellation fee.

Ideas??

Thanks

uh, i don't see that being correct as long as she doesnt delete your reservation id. all they have to do is get rcl to upgrade your cabin and you pay the difference, there shouldnt be any need of a cancellation unless its a different cruising date.

Thank you!

Happy Sailings!!

I am so happy for you! In these days of everyone complaining on the RCL board about what they "aren't receiving", it is a JOY to see there are still people that Enjoy and Appreciate!

Congratulations and have a GREAT RCL Cruise!!!

Archived