Windjammer closed for Vision TA??

I have called RCI this morning and they are serving buffet style breakfast and lunch on deck 4 of the dining room normal breakfast and lunch on deck 5 of the dining room also buffet style lunch poolside weather permiting and evening buffet in the solarium the windjammer will be closed the first week for prep so it may be partually open but definatley closed the second week they are going to update us when we are on board letters have aparentaly been sent out to who i dont know because we havent had ours .:mad:

We never use the dining room any more. For us having the Windjammer closed would be a major issue.... enough to where I would seriously consider cancelling the cruise. And I would be really upset if I got on the ship and found this to be the case with no prior notification from RCI.

I don't use the dining room either and love the Windjammer on most other ships. However, IMHO, the alternate setups on the Vision of the Seas could be an improvement. In my experience, Windjammer selections on the Vision, for the most part, are steam table presentations that many times are not well monitored. If presented well and carefully attended to, the 'dining room & solarium buffets' could be a nice experience. Just saying............

I hope everyone has an enjoyable cruise. :)

What a shame that RCI did not inform people before they booked, or made final payment that this cruise would be a refurbishment at sea cruise. They knew, they just did not want to give their customers a chance to cancel or not book at all. It may all work out great without problems, but it was not fair for them to "hide" this fact. We were told of the plans to redo the Windjammer on our Feb. Vision cruise. We just had no idea that they would do this during people's vacation. We almost booked this sailing when they dropped the price for an oceanview to 399pp on a sales event. I was really disappointed when we could not get it all together. We gave up trying to get onboard last night when I read this thread. Not once in my three calls to RCI in the last few days was this mentioned. Not so sad now. Hopefully they have thought it all through and have their "act" together on this so the passengers can have an easy and relaxed cruise. I do feel sorry for those in the suites and cabins under this area. Maybe they will furnish ear plugs at no charge.:eek:

Connie

I don't use the dining room either and love the Windjammer on most other ships. However, IMHO, the alternate setups on the Vision of the Seas could be an improvement. In my experience, Windjammer selections on the Vision, for the most part, are steam table presentations that many times are not well monitored. If presented well and carefully attended to, the 'dining room & solarium buffets' could be a nice experience. Just saying............

I hope everyone has an enjoyable cruise. :)

:) I like the way you think!

It's unfortunate that RCI is choosing to do this during a 2 week cruise. I hope the renovation work won't prove to be too much of an inconvenience for passengers.

Archived