Hong Kong Laser Show - best viewing place

Miss Jolly

Just the time I did not cut and paste immediately, I have lost some great info re the best place to view the Hong Kong Laser show. :confused:Someone suggested outside a particular hotel...I THINK it was the Intercontinental but not sure. I was told the name of the hotel and its location. Could you please help me solve this question? Thank you

I just found the posting.

Besides viewing the laser show from the ship, which we have done, the best view in my opinion is along the esplande outside the Intercontinental Hotel. The best way to get there is to once again walk to the ferry and keep walking to the left. You will pass the Arts Centre and the walk becomes the Avenue of Stars. This is right opposite the laser show and if it is a warm night, it is a great way to view the show.

anywhere on kowloon near the star ferry terminal but be prepared to be underwhelmed. we both watched the whole thing from the deck of the ship and eventually looked at each other and said "is that it?" shanghai's was even more disappointing. at least most of the haze had cleared in hongkong, shanghai wasn't afforded that luxury.

I understand it's a huge logistical excercise but the lasers themselves were pretty ordinary. some of the buidling lights were pretty good though. I'm just uploading our pictures to webshots and will try and add at least one movie clip from hongkers but they take forever to upload

Have to agree about being underwhelmed! We were even there at Christmas with all the extra lights! What I did enjoy was walking along outside next to the river looking for the stars hand prints and enjoying all the people and vendors.

We intend catching a public bus up to the Peak and seeing if it is more impressive from up there - it sure will be fun watching the ship move from up there anyway. If you want info (I'm sure you already have it Jen), drop me an email.

Regards,

Rose

This is a view from Victoria Peak and the fuzzy thing full of lights near the bottom of the picture is the Diamond Princess.

hong_kong1.jpg

Thank you Bohemian!! Wow, cool picture, now we are DEFINITELY heading up there. I can't believe how BIG the ship looks, even if it is fuzzy - I thought it might just be this little thing. Did you watch the light show from up there too? If so, was it better from up there?

Thank you Bohemian!! Wow, cool picture, now we are DEFINITELY heading up there. I can't believe how BIG the ship looks, even if it is fuzzy - I thought it might just be this little thing. Did you watch the light show from up there too? If so, was it better from up there?

Hi rg, that actually IS the light show. The crew of the Diamond timed it so they would be relocating the ship through the harbor while the light show was on. The ship is blurred in the pic because I had the camera set for a 4 sec. exposure and the ship was moving. We also watched the show from the Central Pier on a different night (2 weeks after the cruise) and I must say that it paled when compared to the views from the Peak.

hong_kong2.jpg

• 1 month later...

We watched it on three occasions: from the Intercontinental Hotel one night, and from Bubba Gump Shrimp Company up on Victoria's Peak on another night. This was pretty cool because they had the music and narration of the show on in the restaurant.

The third night, we watched it from a bar on the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront (right near the Starbucks) at the end of the Boulevard of the Stars. Just at the conclusion of the light show, Queen Mary 2 sailed out of Hong Kong Harbor -- it was a beautiful sight!

IMG_2657.jpg.09bae392ad1e5ca649313e0eb68f64d4.jpg

Archived