Changing away from TA?

dawyv

Thus proving the saying that business and personal lives should not be mixed, I now find the need to see if we can move our booking away from our "TA." Without getting too long-winded, we booked a September 09 cruise on Carnival through a friend who also happens to be a TA for Carnival. She did the bookings for my family and my parents, at my request. We gave her the dates, passenger info and so forth and she simply entered it into the bookccl.com web site (I watched her do it). However, we now no longer have contact with this person and would like to have Carnival handle our bookings.

Is it possible to have our bookings pulled back to Carnival without canceling and rebooking? We took the Early Saver rates so a cancellation isn't really an option from what I gather. According to her, and the bookccl.com screens we both looked at, her total commission is approximately $110 for the two bookings. I would happily pay this amount to Carnival (i.e. instead of $X total for our two cabins, I would pay $X+$110).

If it makes a difference, we haven't yet made final payment.

Thus proving the saying that business and personal lives should not be mixed, I now find the need to see if we can move our booking away from our "TA." Without getting too long-winded, we booked a September 09 cruise on Carnival through a friend who also happens to be a TA for Carnival. She did the bookings for my family and my parents, at my request. We gave her the dates, passenger info and so forth and she simply entered it into the bookccl.com web site (I watched her do it). However, we now no longer have contact with this person and would like to have Carnival handle our bookings.

Is it possible to have our bookings pulled back to Carnival without canceling and rebooking? We took the Early Saver rates so a cancellation isn't really an option from what I gather. According to her, and the bookccl.com screens we both looked at, her total commission is approximately $110 for the two bookings. I would happily pay this amount to Carnival (i.e. instead of $X total for our two cabins, I would pay $X+$110).

To move the booking you would need to consent of your TA. Unless she is doing something illegal, I doubt Carnival will intervene, plus they dont want that commission.

As the poster above stated... your TA will have to agree to releasing the booking to CCL. Also....the only one that will lose out on the commission is your TA as the cruiseline pays her and has no affect on the cruiseline other than no commission expense to pay out. Your TA is the one that will ultimately lose out on this deal despite the commission being minimal.

Good Luck.

Carnival CAN take back bookings from TA's that are provably misbehaving and unsatisfactory. You'll need to call the 800 number, ask for a Supervisor, explain your situation mamking a strong case for them to take back the booking. If the TA is provably misbehaving, they do not need the TA's consent - I'm not sure you're in this situation, unless you flat CANNOT contact the TA and the TA is not responding to you. ken

Carnival CAN take back bookings from TA's that are provably misbehaving and unsatisfactory. You'll need to call the 800 number, ask for a Supervisor, explain your situation mamking a strong case for them to take back the booking. If the TA is provably misbehaving, they do not need the TA's consent - I'm not sure you're in this situation, unless you flat CANNOT contact the TA and the TA is not responding to you. ken

Misbehaving is more than friends having a fight and no longer speaking. It must involve something improper, in violation of some Carnival rule or some illegal activity.

Best bet, if the situation is as bad as you say, call your ex friend and ask them to release the booking to Carnival, and if necessary pay them the $110 out of your pocket.

So is not contacting you back considered "misbehaving"?

Here's my issue. I booked through a TA. Since then, the price on Carnival has dropped. I emailed and left voicemail to my TA, never got in on that drop. Since then, the porthole rooms are now close to the same price as what I payed for interior. Again, tried to contact my TA to upgrade to these rooms and pay the difference. My TA has not contacted me back and the rooms are now gone.

Should I contact Carnival to see about transferring to them so I can handle my requests on my own? Or would this situation not warrant it yet?

Thanks!

So is not contacting you back considered "misbehaving"?

Here's my issue. I booked through a TA. Since then, the price on Carnival has dropped. I emailed and left voicemail to my TA, never got in on that drop. Since then, the porthole rooms are now close to the same price as what I payed for interior. Again, tried to contact my TA to upgrade to these rooms and pay the difference. My TA has not contacted me back and the rooms are now gone.

Should I contact Carnival to see about transferring to them so I can handle my requests on my own? Or would this situation not warrant it yet?

Thanks!

I would try to contact the TA one more time via and let her know that you are unhappy with her service. I would also write the same thing in an email to her and save a copy. If I didn't hear back within say 5 days, I would contact Carnival and explain what all you have written here, including dates that I contacted her (if you can remember). Like the other poster said, make a strong case for yourself and tell Carnival your TA is MIA. She should have gotten back to you and kept the business side of the relationship professional.

I would be curious to see if anyone has ever accomplished a move from a TA to CCL. I attempted it one time and CCL wanted no part of my booking. Eventually, the TA went out of business and "stole" a lot of money from people, but I'm glad that I wasn't one of the unfortunate.

I'll never take the chance booking via a TA again...it's only CCL from now on. So if anyone's been sucessful, please share.

I recently had a TA holding some rooms for us on Carnival, but because I had additional questions that she couldn't seem to answer, I called Carnival directly. Right away they noticed I was under a TA and a supervisor got on the phone. I told him, in the most polite way, that I was not satisfied with my TA and wished to work directly with Carnival. The supervisor approved and put me back on the line with my PVP and I've been happy ever since! :)

I was not aware that Carnival had TA's working for them and if so does Carnival not own the booking?

Archived