Camp Carnival

my $.02

We will be cruising carnival for the first time on 1/16 with our 2 year old.

Do we need to do anything (register) pre cruise, or is it all just done on the 1st night during orientation?

Also, any tips or trick's or pointer's for using Camp Carnival with a 2 year old? All info is more the welcome.

No, you don't have to pre-register. Just go the orientation on the first night to register and get the schedules.

I don't have suggestions for 2 year olds, ours are 4 and 8. However, I did notice my daughter got pretty tired out by the 4th day of the vacation. Overall, we had a great time and made sure they got plenty of sleep to avoid any crabby personalities the next day!

Your child MUST be 2 on the date of sailing. The counselor will make no exceptions.

Camps are closed from morning til 12noon and closes til 2. opened til 5 then closes until 7pm.

After 10pm there is a charge of 6.00 per child-- with the 2nd child in the same family getting a discount. (cousins do not count as the 2nd child)

camp is opened for open play--with parents-- from noon until 2pm every day.

You will be given a pager in case of emergencies-- like crying for her mommy.

Camps know how old kids are--because you need a birth certificate in order to board-- so no need to take that with you to camp for registering.

The parent who signs the child in must be the parent that picks her up. Take your sign and sail card along with a photo id when you pick her up.

The first night they will have an orientation where you register and they will introduce the counselors for each age group and hand out cell phones/pagers. Following this is a family welcome aboard party. Take your child to this and introduce him/her to his counselor for the week. It is a blast for the kids at this party! The next day, you must drop them off at the camp but they wont let you stay so having your child get to know the staff with you there the first night is essential. Bring a little bag with diapers, wipes, favorite toy/blanket etc for your child if he/she is not potty trained. They dont do naps so you must pick them up for naps. They are open from 9-12 ,2-5, 7-10 and after 10pm for a fee. You will get a schedule of activities that first night at orientation.

have fun!

The parent who signs the child in must be the parent that picks her up. Take your sign and sail card along with a photo id when you pick her up.

Wow really? That sucks :( On RCCL you could write down a lsit of people authroized for pick up. Does it have to be the exact same person or do they allow for it once they get to know you or anything?

Thanks,

Anna

Wow really? That sucks :( On RCCL you could write down a lsit of people authroized for pick up. Does it have to be the exact same person or do they allow for it once they get to know you or anything?

Thanks,

Anna

I thought you could name one other person to pick them up? I always put my hubby's name on it. I think...lol. ;)

I know they are picky about that pager. You MUST have the pager with you when you sign them in. They write the number of the pager down every single time you sign them in.

Yes, I've sailed with my daughter twice, once when she had just turned 2 and again when she had just turned 3. You can list one other person to pick up your child each time you sign him/her out. That other person should also be listed on the forms you get during orientation.

I can tell you that my daughter really had a great time at the camp. You will get the weekly schedule of activities when you attend the orientation the 1st evening, so you can look it over and choose times/activities that will suit your child. You should always check with the counselors to see if they have changed the times of any activities because that does happen. I would agree that after a few days, my daughter was getting tired out, so try your best to keep to regular nap/bedtimes. For the cruise in general, I would suggest bringing a few inexpensive sippy cups as your child will be served beverages in a glass goblet at dinner. A great tip I read on the boards here was to bring your child to the theater or lounges during times when they aren't being used, so he/she can run around and burn up some energy. Have a great trip.

It has been a few years since we sailed Carnival, but I kind of recall that they wanted the same person to pick-up that signed the child into camp. You could list several people on the camp registration form authorized to have signing priviledges but the same person to drop off to the current session had to be the one to pick-up as well.

its been a few years for us too. One parents drops off and the same parent had to pick the kids back up- Ages 9-11 could sign themselves in and out as long as a parent signed a waiver.

I will guess it depends on the counselor.

On the Liberty two years ago-- parents were not even allowed in the camp during their hours.. had to pick the kids up at the door.

Archived