Differences in Oceania/Seabourn?

KathyPet

You're right on about the smoking. When you have to deal with four chain smokers, the forward lounge just can't handle it. When I was young (according to the first Stars Wars movie "a long time ago and far away),I remember smokers lighting one cigarette off another. That's what we encountered on the last Seabourn sailing.

The old guard will continue to rule on Seabourn until nature takes its course. Then again, "all inclusive" cruising no longer interests us. One can only imbibe so much before detox/rehab beckons.

Leonid

Please explain precicely what you mean by " When nature takes its course "

Sagging bits and bobs maybe......running to the loo.......... all of which mean no real time to light up a Ciggie as John lennon would have said. Yes of course I really know what you meant.

Brian

Thanks for the great riposte. Without you, the O boards would be boring. And I always have to remember to be on my best grammar.

On another note, DW & I will be doing the round trip out of Dover on 06/30/2010. We are thinking of going straight to Dover instead of staying in London. Did that in 05/2005 (River Bank Park Plaza) when we did the London to NY crossing on the Seabourn Pride. Another story that one could not imagine.

Any recommendations for accommodations in Dover?

Without a doubt, the best hotel in Dover is...........................

Actually there is not one.

It is a working Port always full of traffic and my suggestion would be to go to Canterbury which is a wonderful historic City. Or look for a small B & B outside Dover.....if I have time I will have a look later.....It's Easter Monday here and we have a holiday and we are going with friends to Harrods for Lunch.....sounds so POSH.

Brian

Archived