here is info on how to reach ceo of Princess

IndesignGr

For any and all who may want to contact Princess's CEO, as I have found out THEY DON'T WANT ANYONE TO REACH THAT OFFICE....I too had a beef with Princess, and after many nasty conversations with the oh so helpful customer service people, NOT!, I finally got the info, and actually talked to the CEO's assistant's office....NOTE: they could not actually be bothered to really talk to me, I mean after all I am just a paying customer and all... I guess they think they are the man all mighty himself....I left messages of which I got a basic dear john letter back from them.. too bad so sad sort of content... but anyone who wants to voice there beef or concern here is their phone number.....XXXXXXXX hit promts to get to the operator... ask for the CEO's office... and good luck and God be with you,, you will need it....

For any and all who may want to contact Princess's CEO, as I have found out THEY DON'T WANT ANYONE TO REACH THAT OFFICE....I too had a beef with Princess, and after many nasty conversations with the oh so helpful customer service people, NOT!, I finally got the info, and actually talked to the CEO's assistant's office....NOTE: they could not actually be bothered to really talk to me, I mean after all I am just a paying customer and all... I guess they think they are the man all mighty himself....I left messages of which I got a basic dear john letter back from them.. too bad so sad sort of content... but anyone who wants to voice there beef or concern here is their phone number.....XXXXXXX hit promts to get to the operator... ask for the CEO's office... and good luck and God be with you,, you will need it....

Just curious, what was your beef? I read a previous post by you and it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

If the CEO took calls from every customer that had a "beef" I don't think he'd have any time left to run the company. That's why they have assistants!

With the hundreds of thousands of passengers Princess Cruises carrys each year, I am sure the CEO does not want to deal with problems some have. It is not like you are dealing with a tiny office and the CEO is ready to listen to your complaints. That is what they hire staff for, thousands of staff.

If you didn't get the response you were expecting from your complaint through regular channels, I would guess it wasn't a serious enough problem to warrant any further action. (I am sure whatever it was, it was a real problem to you, but it may not have been a serious one in the eyes of the cruise line). Why do I say this? Because I have had problems on two of our twenty two Princess cruises, that were legitimate problems. Each time, Princess handled this magnificently and to our satisfaction. We never became nasty or acted like we were owed a thing, just calmly alerted them of the problems. Each time, they made amends even better than we had ever dreamed. We never asked for a thing, just to alert them to the problems we had so they could be looked into. We also never used that old phrase 'I will never sail on Princess again', which some seem to throw around quite often when they don't get the results they were after.

So, the response you might receive, might have a lot to do with your complaint. Sorry you did not feel that the response was good enough that you had to attempt to contact the CEO. :(

I had booked a cruise on Golden Princess in the grand suite for xmas/new years 2090/2010, when I called to get more info about the ship I happened to ask about Saphire princess, I had been on her before. They told me that Saphire was being renovated to have the new atrium lobby, movies under the stars as well as all the other new amenities that some of the new ships have. They told me that Saphire was going in for dry dock for these changes in Sep 09'. When I heard this, I changed my reservation so I could be on Saphire in April 10' instead of the xmas/new years cruise. I always book the Grand Suite and that has to be booked usually a year in advance...A few weeks ago, I decided to check and see the iteneraries of Saphire princess for Sep 09' on the Princess websight, only to find out that Princess had Saphire cruising the entire month of Sep, that was the time she was to be in dry dock for renovations.. I contacted Princess to find out what was going on, only to find out that they had decided not put her in to dry dock until sometime on 2011. I was PISSED!!, told them that I had changed all my travel plans to be on Saphire after her renovation. they told me sorry, too bad. I insisted on getting the phone number for the CEO, they refused, told me there was no way to get in touch with that office, my response was "what, that office does not have phones?" I pushed the issue and finally got that phone number.. I called 2 times, left 2 seperate messages about this issue, they refused to talk to me direct and told me that a response was coming in the mail, which finally did, saying too bad, we can change anything we want, whenever we want, and sorry you changed your plans based on our rep telling you information that turned out not to be true, and we will not be offering you any sort of compensation for any sort of inconvenience this may have caused. I am now questioning whether or not to continue cruising on Princess, I have had other issues, major issues with Princess in the past, and with their attitude on this situation, wonder if their customer service, or lack there of, is the kind of company I want to continue to give my money to.

My late husband and I had a cruise booked for a month after our dear daughter's wedding last Oct.. Our daughter and her fiance had a honeymoon cruise booked. Then, 5 weeks before the wedding, my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and given a short time to live. I cancelled my cruise and lost the deposit. Neither of us had taken out insurance.....very dumb. Anyway, my daughter called and got to the CEO and her entire cruise was refunded. Princess did not have to to that....they did as a gesture of Goodwill. The cruise was completely sold out and they were happy to have the balcony cabin back, I am sure, but the bottom line is they did not have to refund her money as she was way past the refund date. I was too distraught to ask for anything back....Fast forward to now, and I will soon be taking my mom on a cruise in May (with insurance of course).....Princess has earned my respect....

My windows pc just crashed and Bill Gates wont take my call.

I'mmmm sorry. Just kidding.

And I know.

He isnt CEO anymore.

Sorry you had a beef. And THANK you for explaining what it was. But cust. service anywhere is a pain. AND I might add. I wouldnt want THEIR job for nothing.

based on our rep telling you information that turned out not to be true,

Was it true when they told you?

I think they have the right to adjust their plans just as you have the right to adjust yours.

OK, my take on your 'beef'.

Drydock plans change often, it is something that just happens, and we have seen this many times in the past with other ships. Even some totally cancelled sailings because of dry docks being moved up for whatever reason. You can never count on what is scheduled when it comes to maintenance or upgrades on any ships.

I understand your problem, and it would be very disappointing, but asking for compensation for this???? I can see why you did not get the response you were after. And I honestly don't think, no matter how much you push this issue, will you get any, nothing.

You can cancel your cruise, there is still plenty of time to do that, if you are not happy with what the ship you are booked on has to offer.

I too would also be unhappy with this situation, but it is your choice whether to continue on as planned or cancel. They will not offer any type of compensation for disappointment on a future sailing. Again, sorry you are disappointed, but it is only disappointment, nothing more.

As for booking the Grand Suite a year in advance, that honestly used to be the case. But with this economy, I have seen Grand Suites become available even a couple of months before sailing, it happened with our last cruise in January. The 1st of December, one of the Grand Suites was available again.

What you do is totally your decision. You can either cancel, or take the cruise you are scheduled on. But I wouldn't waste any more effort attempting to get compensation for a cruise you haven't sailed on yet because the ship will not have the upgrades you were looking for in time for your sailing.

Good Luck, and whatever cruise you decide to sail on, I hope it is all you expect it to be. :)

You can't possibly be serious! :confused:

What on earth would make you think that any cruise line owes you anything, even an explanation, regarding their long-term strategic plans? Maintenance & upgrade periods (wetdock or drydock) are often planned and have the dates pushed back (or cancelled altogether). This happens for a variety of reasons, none of which involve passenger convenience. No wonder the Princess reps (from the call center up to the CEO's office) have nothing to offer you -- they owe you nothing. And if you think Princess is the only line which changes their schedules to accomodate their own business needs, you are sadly mistaken.

wow, you princess defenders really need to step back. I would be pretty upset if I made plans and the company changed their schedules to fit whatever they have at that current time. Granted i dont think i would expect $ but i would push to undo the changes i made based on the information provided.

imho

wow, you princess defenders really need to step back. I would be pretty upset if I made plans and the company changed their schedules to fit whatever they have at that current time. Granted i dont think i would expect $ but i would push to undo the changes i made based on the information provided.

imho

HUH??? Has NOTHING to do with defending Princess. If they do not "need" to take the maintenance or upgrade period (don't want to spend the upgrade $, issues with being fully prepared to execute, no mandated inspections due at that time), why would you think they owe any passenger an explanation (or anything else) as to why they changed these plans? The OP is able to cancel without any penalty and book something more to their liking, period.

First of all, I was not expecting anything more then an explination, AND YES, THEY DO OWE ME ONE, BEING A PAYING PASSENGER. If you don't see it that way, then you people don't have a clue.... Since I made my decission based on information that was given to me, and then find out that it was incorrect, and I brought this to the attention of Princess. If you were to say order a car, and you gave a deposit, and then find out weeks or months later that say, that color you ordered is no longer available, you would be pissed, especially if you made it a point to first find out if that color was available before you ordered it, and then find out, say they decided to cancel that color. This is not a situation that I made the reservation without knowing in advance about upcoming changes that were to be made. If I did not have the knowledge before hand, if I did not do the research before hand, yes I would understand that they would have no reason to inform me of the new change, but because I had specifically asked about this, and made changes based on this, then they should have been a bit more understanding of my situation, BEING THE PAYING CUSTOMER THAT PAYS THEIR BILLS..

Maybe all you people that don't understand my point of view are used to just taking whatever comes to you, I am not that kind of person, I work hard for my money, do as I say, and say as I do....if for whatever reason I can't deliver what I have promised, I do whatever I can to make sure my clients are taken care of, I don't just say "oops" I made a mistake and expect my cleints to deal with it, that to me is not exceptable, and I am sure not going to except that from someone else either, maybe you all are used to doing a less then perfect job and also accept less then perfect, but I do all I can to be as perfect as I can and expect the same in return.

For all of you out there that accepts mediocre, then you get what you deserve.

First of all, I was not expecting anything more then an explination, AND YES, THEY DO OWE ME ONE, BEING A PAYING PASSENGER. If you don't see it that way, they you people don't have a clue.... Since I made my decission based on information that was given to me, and then find out that it was incorrect, and I brought this to the attention of Princess. If you were to say order a car, and you gave a deposit, and then find out weeks or months later that say, that color you ordered is no longer available, you would be pissed, especially if you made it a point to first find out if that color was available before you ordered it, and then find out, say they decided to cancel that color. This is not a situation that I made the reservation without knowing in advance about upcoming changes that were to be made. If I did not have the knowledge before hand, if I did not do the research before hand, yes I would understand that they would have no reason to inform me of the new change, but because I had specifically asked about this, and made changes based on this, then they should have been a bit more understanding of my situation, BEING THE PAYING CUSTOMER THAT PAYS THEIR BILLS..

Maybe all you people that don't understand my point of view are used to just taking whatever comes to you, I am not that kind of person, I work hard for my money, do as I say, and say as I do....if forwhatever reason I can't deliver what I have promised, I do whatever I can to make sure my clients are taken care of, I don't just say "oops" I made a mistake and expect my cleints to deal with it, that to me is not exceptable, and I am sure not going to except that from someone else either, maybe you all are used to doing a less the perfect job and also accept less then perfect, but I do all I can to be as perfect as I can and expect the same in return.

For all of you out there that accepts mediocre, then you get what you deserve.

You are missing the point entirely. Most likely, when you spoke with the rep, the drydock plans were in place (you were not misled or lied to). Later, Princess changed their plans. You are not entitled, as much as you think you are, to know the background of all their business decisions and logistics!

It has nothing to do with accepting less than perfect. Read the fine print, I'm certain they have disclaimers regarding this sort of thing. They surely reserve the right to take maintenance periods at any time that works for them. If you think there is some other line that operates the way you THINK they should, by all means book with them.

wow, you princess defenders really need to step back. I would be pretty upset if I made plans and the company changed their schedules to fit whatever they have at that current time. Granted i dont think i would expect $ but i would push to undo the changes i made based on the information provided.imho

Why let something like this bother you to the extent that it evidently has the OP? We cannot possibly change the past and the future is full of endless possibilities. None of us can put ourselves in the place of the OP and possibly understand why this upsets him so much. However, I think the other posters (not just Princess defenders) are only attempting to tell him that rescheduling maintenance on a ship is common practice and that in the future he probably shouldn't schedule a cruise based only upon a ship's maintenance schedule.

I agree with everything the responders have said HOWEVER.... being a big company does not excuse impersonal treatment buy the company.

I work for a large company that is responsible for thousands of lives every minute, and hundreds of thousands per day. We also have thousands of employees each with their respective responsibility to make it all work. Yes there is even a customer relations department and media relations department.

This being said IF I EVER GOT A REQUEST FOR THE CEO's CONTACT INFORMATION AND REFUSED TO PROVIDE IT I can assure you that I would be personally shown the back door. I would not even be given the dignity of going out the front door, and I would be lucky to land on my feet as they threw me out. It would be that simple and that fast!

I do not know what the CEO does with these contacts (that's his job) but I am refused the right to decide who can and who can't contact him directly. And I know for a fact that each contact gets a response directly from him.

Quite simply, you can't go up the chain of command if the chain has a broken link. Princess (and other cruise companies) are as large and successful as they are because of it's customers. The moment the customer becomes less important than the corporate structure then the deck of cards risk falling apart. Just ask the car companies and the bankers! They forgot who made up the foundation of their institutions: WE THE PEOPLE.

Cruise companies are a success because we (the customers) are making or have made them so. Sometimes corporations need to be reminded of this lest they fall into the same abiss as the financial institutions.

Do give the others in the chain a chance hoverer, as that is their job. God forbid you do get in personal touch with the CEO and look stupid because of something someone along the route could have and would have solved. What do you say to him then? My rule of thumb is don't just present your problem but follow it up with a resolution, I find that this tends have your concern taken more seriously as you have obviously given the issue serious and sober thought.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.

But what you need to understand is that you are paying for a certain category stateroom, and they are willing to deliver what you booked.

I might suggest you read your passenger contract please. Since you are being so precise, I am sure you have read it before booking, correct? If not, you can find it here: http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/index.jsp

What good would an explanation be to you? The dry dock isn't going to take place until 2011, you said they did explain that, what other type of explanation were you looking for? It isn't going to happen, they won't be upgrading the ship as originally planned, when they had planned to do it.

They don't take notes when passengers book as to why they are booking a particular cruise, and don't call them if the reasons they booked this ship (upgrades) will not be taking place as was scheduled.

I have seen a lot of complaints on CC in the past, but this one is really 'overboard' IMHO.

Cancel the darned cruise and book another ship or another cruise line, it is your only option. :rolleyes:

Archived