Transportation Help

virtuigs

Hubby and daughter and I are on the 3 day Wonder for a short cruise on 9/10/09.

We are arriving early in Orlando and doing Sea World for two days prior to the Cruise.

We figured we'd take a taxi or hotel shuttle from the airport when we fly in.

The TA suggested we get ourselves back to the airport via hotel shuttle or taxi on the 10th and she would schedule us on the Disney shuttle to get to the ship. Is this a good plan? How do we know when the shuttle will be there and what time we need to be there?

TIA

We are arriving early in Orlando and doing Sea World for two days prior to the Cruise.

The TA suggested we get ourselves back to the airport via hotel shuttle or taxi on the 10th and she would schedule us on the Disney shuttle to get to the ship. Is this a good plan? How do we know when the shuttle will be there and what time we need to be there?

TIA

DCL busses leave from the airport throughout the afternoon starting at around noon I believe (though someone who has used the service may provide a more accurate timing). Our preference is to take a private shuttle to the port as you can schedule the departure/arrival to meet your schedule and get to the port when you want to. DCL busses tend to get there a bit later than some people (like us!) prefer. Also a towncar/private taxi can be cheaper. Do a web search for port canaveral transportation and you can find various sites that offer transportation.

Jim

DCL busses leave from the airport throughout the afternoon starting at around noon I believe (though someone who has used the service may provide a more accurate timing). Our preference is to take a private shuttle to the port as you can schedule the departure/arrival to meet your schedule and get to the port when you want to. DCL busses tend to get there a bit later than some people (like us!) prefer. Also a towncar/private taxi can be cheaper. Do a web search for port canaveral transportation and you can find various sites that offer transportation.

Jim

The busses from the airport leave much earlier. Folks staying at the Hyatt have reported that they were on the bus before 10AM and on their way to the port. The OP can take thier hotel shuttle back to the airport early, and get on one of the first cruiseline busses headed out to the port. Fare is $39 per person one way.

Busses from the resorts don't leave until around noon, not from the airport that late.

TIA

Seems like a lot of hassle to me. I would just rent a car for the 2 days prior and drive to the port and drop off the car there.

For the price of the transfers $105 for the 3 of you and the price of the taxis you could rent a car for 3 days.

It is so easy to drive to the port and there are many car rental agencies near the port. They have fre shuttles to the port and there are no drop off charges.

Bill

We looove DCL transfers and this is exactly what we do before our cruise. The difference is we do not do any place before like Sea World. We just stay at the hotel and head to to MCO the next morning. The DCL transfers start leaving MCO from the Mears side of the airport at 10am and leave every 20-30 minutes (depending on how full the bus is) until 12:30. No scheduled time, just walk up with your documents, transfer tickets and ID for each adult in hand and stand in line and then walk on the bus. ;) If you plan on doing sites in FL then you may consider a rent a car, but if not, then do not bother. Many hotels also offer shuttle service to the attractions. If this is the case then do not worry about a car at all. Many here swear by even renting cars and just driving to port, but we just don't. We do not like the hassel and hussel & bussel of getting a rent a car back and fourth. So we just stick with DCL transfers.. They are flawless....;)

Just my 2 cents, but I agree with the renting a car scenario. It will give you greater flexibility in what you can and cannot do. For example, if you rely on the shuttles, you are more or less at there mercy.You go when they run. Since you plan in leaving Disney property to go see Sea World,if you rent a vehicle, you can drive to the park, and leave when you want, and not wait on anything. Driving to the port and any where else is easy, as they are all basically in what amounts to a straight line. ( I used to live and work near Sea World.)

In the airport or even the Disney resorts its just as easy to rent a vehicle, as at the airport there are free shuttles, and several rental agencies at the terminal. There are several at the port if you want to do a one way rental and take a shuttle back to the airport.

An even better reason is that the earlier you get to the ship, the lower the boarding number you get. Which translates into earlier boarding.

Just me but I like the idea of going on my schedule, not a transportations companies.

Thanks. We aren't staying on a Disney property. We are staying within a short walk from Sea World. We only need transportation to port and back to the airport upon our return. We have a relaxing time-frame set up and it sounds like picking up the DCL shuttle is the easiest option. No hassle of rental cars, etc. If we do a rental car, we'd have to bring a car seat. I have read that there are car services that can provide one, but I'm not sure how cost effective that would be?

We looove DCL transfers and this is exactly what we do before our cruise. The difference is we do not do any place before like Sea World. We just stay at the hotel and head to to MCO the next morning. The DCL transfers start leaving MCO from the Mears side of the airport at 10am and leave every 20-30 minutes (depending on how full the bus is) until 12:30. No scheduled time, just walk up with your documents, transfer tickets and ID for each adult in hand and stand in line and then walk on the bus. ;) If you plan on doing sites in FL then you may consider a rent a car, but if not, then do not bother. Many hotels also offer shuttle service to the attractions. If this is the case then do not worry about a car at all. Many here swear by even renting cars and just driving to port, but we just don't. We do not like the hassel and hussel & bussel of getting a rent a car back and fourth. So we just stick with DCL transfers.. They are flawless....;)

Thanks for the information. This is what we are doing basically. Our Sea World part of our trip will be the two days prior to when the boat leaves. All we have to do that morning, I think, is wake up and head back to the airport and pick up the DCL shuttle. If the first shuttle leaves at 10:00 AM, that should give us plenty of time to get up and get to the airportI think...:)

Archived