Passport processing time

Just wanted to let you all know in case you haven't applied yet...We applied for our passports and they told us it is taking about 4 weeks to get them. It actually took closer to 6 weeks. I have a feeling as summer gets closer, it will start taking even longer. Don't wait for it to be too late!

I just received one for my son today, had it processed Feb 20th and received it April 10th. This one took almost 7 weeks.:(

I just got mine today and I've been waiting roughly 9 wks. So, I would say better safe then sorry and do it as soon as you think you will be leaving the states.

There may be a pattern to the length of time for processing when you are renewing vs. first time applications. Ours were first time applications. Renewals might be quicker. But I agree- don't wait. The processing time will only get longer I think.

Since the change in requirements comes in June....its' a really good idea to apply ASAP. I do understand there is no absolute requirement for cruises that begin and end in the US, but still many people do apply.

Don't forget that your B/C will be tied up if you apply too late, so keep in mind you may have to obtain another copy of that!

My son applied for his renewal in January, no expediting necessary, we got it in 10 days.

I think it also depends on where you live.

Renewal with name change, without expediting, also requesting the passport card. mailed to Philly office

Mailed: Friday 3/13

Received at processing: Monday 3/16

Issued: Friday 3/27

Received new passport book: Thursday 4/2 received from New Hampshire.

Received passport card & old passport book/ marriage license in two separate packages: Friday4/3 also postmarked from New Hampshire.

Archived